Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chaining Wireguard with FastVPN / HMA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chaining Wireguard with FastVPN / HMA

Hi guys

I am looking for some help in networking

Problem : Slow Open VPN speeds

My problem is that I am looking to use FuboTV on VPN

My current implementation is HMA OpenVPN (Fast VPN in near future) but the speeds are slow

To tackle that I was looking to daisy chain VPNs on my VPS

I already have setup a Wireguard VPN at my server which is working Extreme smooth now I want my VPS to connect to HMA OpenVPN and redirect my Wireguard traffic to that and obviously in future could use that to rotate servers and IPs for anonymity but that's another case.

Basically some Iptable rules to help me set it up properly

And I understand chaining VPNs should technically slow down things but my VPS has a 10 gbit port out of which 99.9% 40-50 mbit per sec is available and after VPN connection even if reduced to half speed would give me 20mbps still better than my home connection

An easy solution would be to optimise the HMA VPN config file but where is the fun in that :wink:

Comments

• @noaman said:
    Hi guys

My current implementation is HMA OpenVPN (Fast VPN in near future) but the speeds are slow

I already have setup a Wireguard VPN at my server which is working Extreme smooth now I want my VPS to connect to HMA OpenVPN and redirect my Wireguard traffic to that and obviously in future could use that to rotate servers and IPs for anonymity but that's another case.

And I understand chaining VPNs should technically slow down things but my VPS has a 10 gbit port out of which 99.9% 40-50 mbit per sec is available and after VPN connection even if reduced to half speed would give me 20mbps still better than my home connection

An easy solution would be to optimise the HMA VPN config file but where is the fun in that :wink:

I don't see how this will speed things up unless the VPS was in between the VPN and you, route wise, otherwise you're adding latency (10Gbps don't mean shit here) and making it worse.

The solution is getting a better VPN provider.

Lastly, you should provide what your home speed is, where you and the VPN and VPS are located, and what openvpn speeds you get.

• @TimboJones said:

@noaman said:
    Hi guys

I don't see how this will speed things up unless the VPS was in between the VPN and you, route wise, otherwise you're adding latency (10Gbps don't mean shit here) and making it worse.

The solution is getting a better VPN provider.

Lastly, you should provide what your home speed is, where you and the VPN and VPS are located, and what openvpn speeds you get.

Yes correct VPS will be between VPN and you

Home speed is mere 8-10Mbps

Open VPN reduces it to a mere 5-6 Mbps but on Wireguard I can almost max out the connection.