Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited provider (prefer bulletproof) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited provider (prefer bulletproof)

2»

Comments

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited February 2020

@pike said:
    And I don't attack Fran or any other host for stuff they host, that's nothing to shame a provider for.

I wouldn’t normally either. If anything I look up to providers who take a real neutral point in what they host. They don’t choose their clients and thoughts are free. As they should be.

But knowingly hosting (or providing bandwidth to) a real neo-nazi outlet and defending this with saying ‘everyone’s racist’ and comparing a platform that vows for destroying the Jews with naive lefties that can only say ‘orange man bad’ is some bridges to far for me. It means he’s not neutral and he has every right to do so but it disappoints me.

Will be my last political post. Tl;dr Inciting violence is way beyond freedom of speech for me.

That said, I still look up to Fran because of the services he provides and the knowledge he has.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

debaser said: But knowingly hosting (or providing bandwidth to) a real neo-nazi outlet and defending this with saying ‘everyone’s racist’ and comparing a platform that vows for destroying the Jews with naive lefties that can only say ‘orange man bad’ is some bridges to far for me. It means he’s not neutral and he has every right to do so but it disappoints me.

Being racist isn't illegal in the USA. Hating the Jews isn't against any laws either in the USA. Having a site screaming about them being terrible isn't illegal, it just makes the customer an asshole.

You might be confusing me with BitMitigate/Nick Lim at the time though. We never went out of our way to host DS. Infact we were against it and made sure BitMitigate, a proxy protection service that was using our service, was fully aware that any drama from them or them claiming we support their cause would be bad news bears.

I'm completely against those websites on a moral basis. At the end of the day though I'm here to provide services that are legal within countries they reside, not preach.

Francisco

• edited February 2020

<3 Francisco - One of the few common sense hosts left. Everyone's money is still money. I'd host my worst enemy if he was paying me enough. As long as its legal and not gonna get the servers raided, hosts shouldn't care...Unfortunately in 2020 everyone thinks their activism is whats most important.

Also I wouldn't really use the word bulletproof per-say as in my mind it refers to more illegal things like darknet markets, warez, botnets, malware, etc. You just want a free speech host that won't fold when public scrutiny gets too hot to handle.

You should model after 8chan/8kun. No one would touch them with a 10 foot pole for a while. They are finally being hosted by https://vdsina.ru a russian provider funny enough. Just see what all the other super controversial sites are using. KiwiFarms using 1776hosting.com (possibly their own?)

Thanked by 2Francisco maverickp
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

This thread has gotten derailed a tad.
    Funny enough. The 1776hosting is also a Josh.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

AlienData_Josh said: 1776hosting is also a Josh

• Drape only murican Kevlar on left side of the server.
    You will be 100% safe from bullets.

Thanked by 2shillshocked uptime
  • @vimalware said:
    Drape only murican Kevlar on left side of the server.
    You will be 100% safe from bullets.

I initially read that as "merkin". Still works.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I AM PROUD TO BE A MERKIN!

• SnowStylezSnowStylez Member
    edited February 2020

Switzerland => https://swiss-vps.com/ ( Private Layer INC Reseller!)