Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress Reseller Recommendations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress Reseller Recommendations

I have had no luck trying to find something and I'm hoping the community here might be able to offer some suggestions. We currently have a Vultr VPS that is managed by PC Smart Group and we host about 15 sites (all but one are Wordpress). We have a membership with WPMU Dev and use that to keep the Wordpress websites up-to-date and also use them for occasional support when I can't figure it out myself. Half of these websites are Wordpress-only and could be moved to a solution that doesn't need cPanel or email. The others are for local community groups that use emails and need cPanel. My plan is to split those off onto a reseller plan and possibly move the rest to a Wordpress host or something else. I'm basically looking to move the management of these websites and the support of them off my plate, but we want to retain the billing aspect of it and have access. Ideally, something like Siteground but that has a reseller model whereby the customer can access and obtain support but we still retain access and look after the billing. The kicker: it has to be a Canadian datacenter.

I was kicking around the idea of something like GridPane to maximize the automation of it. But this still puts us in the position of providing support to the customers for any Wordpress issues. Our other staff is not proficient in Wordpress, so we really need to be able to either have the support provided by a 3rd party or be able to access support ourselves quickly (GridPane looked good at first, but my understanding is that they actually don't provide support for Wordpress issues, only for the server). I also looked around for providers of 3rd party support for Wordpress, but they are clearly all geared towards single websites with frequent updates and whatnot. We are just looking for someone to provide support when a user accidentally breaks the website or messes with plugins. Nothing major.

To summarize, we need a Wordpress hosting reseller that has an option to provide support to the end-users. Or something that comes close to that. TIA.

Comments

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

End-user reseller support is a recipe for disaster in many ways, especially in terms of privacy and data protection. If you're not interested enough to support your clients, why are you billing them?

Why not just let them open their own account with a provider of their choice and eliminate the middleman? What's the advantage of you collecting their money if you want someone else to do all your work for you?

• @RossG Fair question. It's because we are primarily an IT Service Provider and our clients want us to look after everything for them. If it's technology related, they want us to be accountable. Think about it this way, we are essentially landlords and our clients are the tenants. They expect us to make sure the fridge and oven are working, but they don't expect us to get groceries and cook for them. Make sense?

• Just get a CPanel reseller account and as long as the sites aren't too resource intensive you can probably put them all on one account and even have room for growth.

Then if they have questions, you send the questions that you can't answer to your host, the host answers and you respond back to your client. Good reseller hosting accounts generally have an answer in under an hour, many times in minutes.

As far as WordPress support WPMUDev is probably the best deal because they'll help on all of your sites.

Generally though once a client is on a hosting account, support is usually not needed very often, unless they decide they want to do development on their end.

• Dear @cleverconcierge,

I am into fully managed hosting experience. I am DMing you details.

Kindly,
    Khayrattee

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@khayrattee said:
    Dear @cleverconcierge,

Kindly,
    Khayrattee

I think posting offer via massage or email without provider tag is restricted here :neutral:

• @ViridWeb said:

@khayrattee said:
    Dear @cleverconcierge,

Kindly,
    Khayrattee

I think posting offer via massage or email without provider tag is restricted here :neutral:

Yes you are right, I have been through rules. Sorry I did not read through all the rules.

Urm, so I cannot post any offer at all anywhere? How does this go?

• LeeLee Veteran

khayrattee said: Urm, so I cannot post any offer at all anywhere? How does this go?

So, you didn't read the rules.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

We have auto scalable WordPress Kit on Cloudjiffy Marketplace with Nginx/Litespeed , Redis, LSCache and MariaDB cluster , as well as optional CDN , LetsEncrypt , WordPress Multisite etc
    Signup for a free trial on https://cloudjiffy.com