Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What tickles your fancy in a LEB? - Community Poll!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What tickles your fancy in a LEB? - Community Poll!

Hi,
Just a random poll I'd like to put out on LET (Not that it works!) , what really does tickle your fancy for a LEB?

Is it a generous amount of Storage Space? or would you prefer lots of RAM instead? How about a provider that don't oversell those resources? Would you prefer that?

I'd like to see everyone's views within this segment of the VPS industry. We've seen some very interesting deals pop up over the past few months some good some bad, many unrealistic.

Hopefully this poll will bring a great discussion as well.

Come on guys tell us what tickles your fancy (Other than the missus!)

What do you prefer in a LEB?
  1. What do you prefer?62 votes
    1. Plenty of RAM
        9.68%
    2. Lots of Storage Space
      19.35%
    3. A Honest provider that provides REAL resources
      70.97%

Comments

• You should add: "Is actually a LEB."

• ReeceReece Member
    edited November 2013

@CastleServers said:
    You should add: "Is actually a LEB."

Sadly I cannot edit the Poll, however I believe the 3rd option should cover that as a LEB with real resources and not being oversold :)

• @CastleServers said:
    You should add: "Is actually a LEB."

Second this.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

A honest provider, preferably using their own network resources and owned hardware (so I know they are here for the long haul and not a quick buck).

They don't need to offer tons of oversold resources or "non-oversold" services. They just need to be a bunch of guys I can trust my hosting to.

Please note that none of this is really a rule of thumb since (for example), I trust... let's say Inception Hosting much more than Digital Ocean, even when Anthony rents basically everything and Digital Ocean uses their own equipment.

Also, a really low end offer, is appreciated from time to time :)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2013
    • price
    • advertised resources
    • uptime / stability (no IP changes)
    • provider/support that isn't a headcase and can communicate normally

all i ever need!

• MikeInMikeIn Member
    edited November 2013

@ricardo said:

• price
    • advertised resources
    • uptime / stability (no IP changes)
    • provider/support that isn't a headcase and can communicate normally

all i ever need!

+1

In addition, better you have your own ASN.

Stable peers.

• I'm personally fine with a limited amount of overselling (we're talking like 12 percent over allocated) if it means the end user will have to pay less.

• Bandwidth/port speed
    • Stability
    • Price
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@darknyan said:
    I'm personally fine with a limited amount of overselling (we're talking like 12 percent over allocated) if it means the end user will have to pay less.

99% of hosts listed on this forum oversell waaay more than that. And it's fine, as long as they are competent.