Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gullo's Hosting | $2/year VPS! | NY, LA, CHI, PEN, CA, DE, FIN, BG - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gullo's Hosting | $2/year VPS! | NY, LA, CHI, PEN, CA, DE, FIN, BG

2»

Comments

• @Matix8981 said:

@bdl said:

@Matix8981 said:
    I don't recommend this company, Their VPS NAT unsuitable for anything many times in week my VM is was shutdown without start(i think this is restart node).

Which location? Germany has been having a few troubles as of late, however @Cam has been on top of it and updating the status via Twitter.

Yes Germany, but everyone can have downtimes but my service always after restart node never doesn't started by admin in here is problem.

Is this ovz 7? Have you tried restarting it yourself in blesta or solus? This happened to me too. Vps was offline and I turned it on myself. Probably it crashed due to low memory. Open a ticket with @Cam

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@discord said:
    Just signed up. I'm currently getting 747KB upload via scp from my comcast home internet in Seattle to the Chicago region. That doesn't seem right for a 1Gbit port. But maybe it's comcast... @Cam

Open a ticket. I'll have to do some deeper digging to see where the slowdown is occurring, the host itself is getting the full throughput from cachefly.

@davi said:
    One question, you have OpenVZ 7 so can I run docker on VPS

I know only of one person who has tried to run docker however they were experiencing some issues, I'm not sure if they got it working or not. You are welcome to try however please keep in mind your resource constraints!

@Documentchain said:
    I would very much like to rent 20x NAT-512 (location except DE). But I need the IPv4 port 41319, is there a way to do this?

I wouldn't be able to satisfy your port requirement.

@intern0t said:
    Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to add Reverse DNS in NAT servers. When I try and edit Reverse DNS for the provisioned IP Address, it says "Reverse DNS is disabled for this ipaddress. Please contact support".

I was simply wondering if this feature is available, if not, I understand. This is to set a hostname for ZNC (IRC bouncer).

Thanks for these awesome deals.

It's physically not possible to set an rDNS record for a local IP. Even if you were able to nobody would be able to look it up because its a local IP. :smiley:

@Matix8981 said:
    I don't recommend this company, Their VPS NAT unsuitable for anything many times in week my VM is was shutdown without start(i think this is restart node).

I was having issues with the DE-VZ3 node. I attempted to fix it March 31 however when the host rebooted and was starting containers up it would crash. Originally I thought it was an HDD problem and would possibly cause the issue you were having however I checked and these HDD's are all in good condition.
    I came to the conclusion that it was people spamming the reboot button so I decided to lock the host so nobody could cause additional load. This finally worked and got the containers online.

DE-VZ3 is the largest server on OpenVZ7 so it still is uncharted territory for me, It is not my goal to have downtime and sometimes it is necessary to fix an underlying issue you may be having.
    As of now, the host is stable and all is well. If you are still having issues please reach out via ticket so I can look into them!

@timelapse said:
    Is @Cam migrating from ovz 6 to 7? Maybe that is why?

I have an ovz 7 nat vps with him. It turned itself off once and didnt boot by itself. Didnt notice it doing that again. But Ive also read same issues for ovz 7 with other providers. Probably it's an ovz 7 issue with lowend vps.

Just because you brought up migrations.
    I sent an email out a while back for people to request the move from OVZ6 to 7. This is still the case today. If anyone is still on an OVZ6 host feel free to open a ticket to request the move.
    :smiley:

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@Cam said: I came to the conclusion that it was people spamming the reboot button so I decided to lock the host so nobody could cause additional load. This finally worked and got the containers online.

It's pretty insane if people were spamming the reboot button, but it's good that you got the situation under control

@angstrom said:

@Cam said: I came to the conclusion that it was people spamming the reboot button so I decided to lock the host so nobody could cause additional load. This finally worked and got the containers online.

It's pretty insane if people were spamming the reboot button, but it's good that you got the situation under control

Looks like it was just knocked offline again. Anyone can follow updates here,

• jb347jb347 Member

Anyone else able to get HTTP/HTTPS working through Cloudflare proxy hostname? I'm on NY-VZ1 if it matters. Works fine when I use the actual IPV6 address. Tried a wireshark and don't see any traffic come in.

• @jb347 said:
    Anyone else able to get HTTP/HTTPS working through Cloudflare proxy hostname? I'm on NY-VZ1 if it matters. Works fine when I use the actual IPV6 address. Tried a wireshark and don't see any traffic come in.

Cloudflare CDN has a cache, and serves to visitors the website from that cache. Possibly this is why you do not see traffic on wireshark as you would expect.

• Quantity limit reached. If possible, please select a smaller quantity.
    ???

@lynxfox said:
    Quantity limit reached. If possible, please select a smaller quantity.
    ???

That means out of stock. Select a different location, please.

• EdmondEdmond Member

@cam looked into a Singapore location by any chance? Already seen that you got web hosting, wanted a personal VPN in SG!

@Edmond said:
    @cam looked into a Singapore location by any chance? Already seen that you got web hosting, wanted a personal VPN in SG!

Ehh, it’s a little too expensive at this moment. I’d be more likely to do LittleVZ there.

Thanked by 2bdl Edmond
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited June 2020

@Cam said:

@Edmond said:

Ehh, it’s a little too expensive at this moment. I’d be more likely to do LittleVZ there.

You accept pre orders? :smile:

Thanked by 2Cam bdl
  • CoffeeCoffee Member

@Cam said:
    I’d be more likely to do LittleVZ there.

You accept pre orders? :smile:

Thanked by 2Cam bdl
  • bdlbdl Member

@Edmond said:

@mikho / mrvm.net has availability in SG now and then for NAT VPS - keep a lookout

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

discord said: Just signed up. I'm currently getting 747KB upload via scp from my comcast home internet in Seattle to the Chicago region. That doesn't seem right for a 1Gbit port. But maybe it's comcast... @Cam

What is your Comcast uplink?

For example, i can get 250Mbps down but if I want more than 1Mbps up, I have to pay more (and then only a massive 10Mbps...grrr...) Anyway, seems 1Mbps uplink is not uncommon with Comca$t.

• EulerEuler Member
    edited June 2020

I just bought NAT-256 in LA and I wanted to share the bench

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat Jun  6 21:00:44 UTC 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           X3450  @ 2.67GHz
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 666.500 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 256M
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 4.9G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4kb           (IOPS) | 64kb          (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 812.00 KB/s    (203) | 8.91 MB/s      (139)
    Write      | 851.00 KB/s    (212) | 9.41 MB/s      (147)
    Total      | 1.66 MB/s      (415) | 18.33 MB/s     (286)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512kb         (IOPS) | 1mb           (IOPS)
      ------   | -----          ----  | ---            ---- 
    Read       | 31.24 MB/s      (61) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Write      | 32.97 MB/s      (64) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)
    Total      | 64.22 MB/s     (125) | 0.00 KB/s        (0)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                              |                           |                 |                
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 61.8 Mbits/sec  | 127 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 43.7 Mbits/sec  | 94.2 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 29.0 Mbits/sec  | 109 Mbits/sec  
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 55.3 Mbits/sec  | 122 Mbits/sec  
    Biznet                    | Bogor, Indonesia (1G)     | 43.2 Mbits/sec  | 106 Mbits/sec  
    Hostkey                   | Moscow, RU (1G)           | 65.0 Mbits/sec  | 279 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online           | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 58.6 Mbits/sec  | 202 Mbits/sec  
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 98.4 Mbits/sec  | 162 Mbits/sec  
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 383 Mbits/sec   | 541 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider                  | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                              |                           |                 |                
    Bouygues Telecom          | Paris, FR (10G)           | 86.0 Mbits/sec  | 121 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net                | Paris, FR (10G)           | 81.8 Mbits/sec  | 79.1 Mbits/sec 
    WorldStream               | The Netherlands (10G)     | 45.1 Mbits/sec  | 109 Mbits/sec  
    wilhelm.tel               | Hamburg, DE (10G)         | 57.2 Mbits/sec  | 97.1 Mbits/sec 
    Airstream Communications  | Eau Claire, WI, US (10G)  | 73.2 Mbits/sec  | 192 Mbits/sec  
    Hurricane Electric        | Fremont, CA, US (10G)     | 310 Mbits/sec   | 462 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 test failed. Run manually to determine cause.

• EulerEuler Member
    edited June 2020

edit