Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is the average response time of support tickets from your "lowend" provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what is the average response time of support tickets from your "lowend" provider?

Thinking maybe i am an impatient.
Since i have a dedicated server and not a 20$/year vps.

Would be good to know what is the average response time of support tickets what you guys have from your low end providers

average response time of support tickets?
  1. <1Hr28 votes
    1. <4Hrs
      32.14%
    2. <8Hrs
      17.86%
    3. <12Hrs
        7.14%
    4. <24Hrs
        7.14%
    5. <48Hrs
      35.71%

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited February 2020

Depends, Hetzner does easy 1 hour or less.
    Online/Ikoula 2-8 hours.
    If you are unlucky, and got services with OneProvider/Kimsufi/SYS you could easily wait 24+

However, SYS/KS have detection systems, that can do for example a disk or mainboard replacement in 40 minutes if they detect it.

At OneProvider, you have to argue with the Support, even if the disk for example has bad sectors, which is fucking terrible.

Thanked by 2donko Hetzner_OL
  • I'm a provider, but I try for 30 minute response times.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I have a ticket which has not been responded to for more than a week, and now it's the 2nd week and I just checked that it has been closed without a response :)

• The slowest support i ever saw in my life was with https://vpsfast.net , i opened ticket in

03/03/2018 and they responded in 03/07/2018 , it took them 4 months to respond :smiley:

• IMO anything under 24H is decent (excl. weekends and national holidays), however I usually get responses after few hours

• Less then one hour.

• pkrpkr Member
    edited February 2020

NexusBytes @seriesn response time is 5-15 minutes even on weekends. In the last 6-7 years, I have used VPS from many providers (both managed and unmanaged), but never found such quick support team. NexusBytes is an unmanaged provider, so such response time is definitely a great thing.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @pkr said:
    NexusBytes @seriesn response time is 5-15 minutes even on weekends. In the last 6-7 years, I have used VPS from many providers (both managed and unmanaged), but never found such quick support team. NexusBytes is an unmanaged provider, so such response time is definitely a great thing.

<3.
    I love what I do and deeply care about my family members and my business :). _#NexusCare :D

Thanked by 1donko
  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

FRT (First Response Time) is 15-30 minutes. However, the solution would take higher depends upon the issues.

• reditredit Member, Host Rep

Excluding to obvious message about your ticket been created we try always try to get the first reply sent within an hour of the case being opened. Even if that is only to add the human touch of 'we have your message and I'm looking into this for you' of course this can slip on odd occasions but generally that's the target.
    As others have said though you also need to see what the providers office hours are. We are not 24x7 so if you raised an issue at midnight our time you might not get an answer for 8 hours although if I'm still up you might.

• @momkin said:
    The slowest support i ever saw in my life was with https://vpsfast.net , i opened ticket in

03/03/2018 and they responded in 03/07/2018 , it took them 4 months to respond :smiley:

custom server setup takes 1-3 days normally. and if provider already setup and selling then they provide 10 min- 2 hour

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

I've got an SLA credit ticket open with a datacenter provider (that's not even low-end) that's been open since 08/25/2019. Bad. Very bad.

Thanked by 2donko kkrajk
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

48 hours to 2 weeks should be norm for lowend hosts.

In short, you are all spoiled.

• @mhosting_in said:

@momkin said:
    The slowest support i ever saw in my life was with https://vpsfast.net , i opened ticket in

custom server setup takes 1-3 days normally. and if provider already setup and selling then they provide 10 min- 2 hour

Its A VPS not custom or dedicated server !

• johnxenspecjohnxenspec Member, Host Rep

I'm a provider, although no tag yet (hope i'm not breaking any rules?)

We aim to reply within 30 minutes of a ticket being submitted, however it does usually end up being less. In most cases, tickets are resolved in under that amount of time anyway.

• MXRoute 1 min + immediate fix
    Buyshared 15 min or 8am on Monday if weekend.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Our first response is usually within few minutes unless the support staff is on break in such cases it may take upto 1 hour, depends when the ticket was submitted and when the techs went out for break

• @momkin said:

@mhosting_in said:

@momkin said:

Its A VPS not custom or dedicated server !

less than 1 hour.