Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated servers ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated servers ?

I want to create 3 offer for my companies. What configuration can I offer to please customers?

What configuration and price to offer?
I know for sure that I can 1 Gbps Shared include in the price.

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

What? No what????!!!!!
    What are you talking about?

Do you want to buy a dedicated server with 1gbps shared connection?

Or want to start a hosting company?

Or want to provide shared hosting services?

Or want to start vps services?

Please share more detail..

Also if you want to sale services then it depends..
    What's your server config? Which service you want to offer? Which kind of customers/market you want to target? How much is your expenses? What's the margin of profit you want? Etc

Thanked by 1kostik
  • yes

Thanked by 1ralph
  • @ViridWeb said:
    What? No what????!!!!!

What's your server config? Which service you want to offer? Which kind of customers/market you want to target? How much is your expenses? What's the margin of profit you want? Etc

Sorry, my english is not very good.

I have a hosting company.
    I don’t sell anything here.

I want to create new offers, what configuration and price would be interesting to find new customers.

• bro, your ability to speak good Englishes is probably the least of your worries ...

that is to say - if you are asking LET for help, you need a lot more help than LET can provide ...

if I may ask, how long has your "hosting company" been in business?

• JoeFJoeF Member
    edited February 2020

CPU passmark 8-10k, 20-30gb ram, 2x 2-4tb HDD, 1x 128-250gb ssd, shared 1gbps connection 30-35 euro

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I am very worried about my English.
    Our company since 2011.
    I will not have anything to advertise here until I get the status of a provider.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • yes right

• what i am understand is he asking opinion about what kind of package and price he could offer to his customer.

Thanked by 1kostik
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@kostik said:

@ViridWeb said:
    What? No what????!!!!!

Sorry, my english is not very good.

I have a hosting company.
    I don’t sell anything here.

I want to create new offers, what configuration and price would be interesting to find new customers.

As I told you before we need more information to help you
    Like what's the server configuration you want to use to provide hosting services?

Which panel and other software you will install on your server?

Which kind of market you are targeting?

Also you have to set a price which can help you to make profit after all expenses..

• @kostik said:
    I am very worried about my English.
    Our company since 2011.
    I will not have anything to advertise here until I get the status of a provider.

You should probably start locally, in your own language and for local businesses or consumers.

If you don't speak English it's pretty pointless.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

marvel said: If you don't speak English it's pretty pointless.

I would tend to disagree ... it's a nice "signal" but maybe not absolutely necessary, depending on one's target market. (See https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162868/storage-nvme-english-class-for-free/p1)

Just please don't speak bullshit. :smirk:

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@uptime said:

marvel said: If you don't speak English it's pretty pointless.

I would tend to disagree ... it's a nice "signal" but maybe not absolutely necessary, depending on one's target market. (See https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162868/storage-nvme-english-class-for-free/p1)

Just please don't speak bullshit. :smirk:

Cociu's price level is just unbeatable which is a very important reason why people buy his products so yes if you have something that nobody else offers you can still sell.

Personally I would never order with a company that's using Google translate to answer to my support requests. I would rather pay more and I think most people here would agree with me.

But if you're looking for a throw-away VPS which ignores DMCA and the only thing you care about is how much you pay then sure, go for it. If you want to built a business like that it's fine as well but if you want to create a serious profesisonal business you have to speak the language of your customers. Period.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • Step 1, learn English
    Step 2, offer unbeatable hosting
    Step 3, ???
    Step 4, go out of business because it wasn't profitable
    Step 5, chargeback
    Step 6, profit?

I think you'll fit in LEB just fine if you have this mentality.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@uptime said:
    yes

no

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited February 2020

perhaps.

In any event, I could (but probably won't bother to here) list several excellent providers (definitely not throwaway dmca-ignore) who struggle with proper English (as one does) ...

Meanwhile some of the very worst seem to be all too fluent in the Queen's etc.
    So there's that.

(And if they really want to speak the language of most of their customers, then they know to hire someone who can speak Mandarin, or maybe Cantonese, and so on.)

It's a big world. Deal with it. :)

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

@uptime said:
    perhaps.

In any event, I could (but probably won't bother to here) list several excellent providers (definitely not throwaway dmca-ignore) who struggle with proper English (as one does) ...

Meanwhile some of the very worst seem to be all too fluent in the Queen's etc.
    So there's that.

I know you are refering to Hostsolutions and Hostdoc, so wow you can actually name 2 but the exception only proves the rule in either case.

Go with 10 non-english speaking providers then go with 10 fluently English speaking ones and let me know which providers you liked best.

But hey if Kostik is in business you will be the first person to order right? :smiley:

• Lol you know nothing @marvel

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited February 2020

Servers sell I want. IP I don't know what is. Start where do I?

Did someone take yodavps.com already?

Edit: It's actually free! There it is your business idea :smiley: