Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMHaus - PayPal manual payment verification nonsense
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMHaus - PayPal manual payment verification nonsense

cheap_boxcheap_box Member
edited February 2020 in Providers

Today, I added balance from the VMHaus panel. However, there was a problem. My payment would go through manual verification. I have added balance many times before. Currently there are two servers. The balance is very low. Would that be nonsense? Is this a one-man company? My payment must be confirmed immediately! My PayPal account is fully approved. (I already added balance many times before, I had no problems.) This nonsense should end immediately. Otherwise I will be harmful.

Comments

• Maybe they had a lot of fraud orders using paypal. You should contact VMHaus directly to find the reason behind the manual review.

• cheap_box said: Otherwise I will be harmful.

@vmhaus

• @hotlineservers said:
    Maybe they had a lot of fraud orders using paypal. You should contact VMHaus directly to find the reason behind the manual review.

You are right, but this is not my first payment. Now the situation is critical to me. Because if the balance runs out, the servers are deleted.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Hi,

Your payment was flagged by Paypal for manual verification - not us.

We will credit your account once Paypal completes the transaction.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • @vmhaus said:
    Hi,

Your payment was flagged by Paypal for manual verification - not us.

We will credit your account once Paypal completes the transaction.

Has it been a 24-hour hold?

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

This is happening quite often with PayPal nowadays, it's not Vmhaus' fault. It's almost always approved within 24 hours. Especially with everyone using a VPN, 2/3 credit card transactions get declined with Stripe..

Edit: It doesn't affect all PayPal transactions, maybe only 10% of them.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Take it to the ticketing system.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
  • @cheap_box said: Otherwise I will be harmful.

That sounds like a threat, which is out of proportion to the issue at hand.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @angstrom said:

@cheap_box said: Otherwise I will be harmful.

That sounds like a threat, which is out of proportion to the issue at hand.

I think it's just a bad google translate :smile:

Thanked by 3angstrom skorous pike
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Recently we have conceived many fraudulent orders through PayPal. They just let anyone sign up and verify their PayPal accounts.

We are slowly moving away from PayPal.

• @MechanicWeb said:
    Recently we have conceived many fraudulent orders through PayPal. They just let anyone sign up and verify their PayPal accounts.

I believe that’s because they no longer require you to create a Paypal account - you can pay by credit card through PayPal without a PP account.

I blame it all on the VPN market boom. As my grandma says, if you ain’t got nothing to hide, you ain’t got nothing to worry about.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@Synatiq said:
    I believe that’s because they no longer require you to create a Paypal account - you can pay by credit card through PayPal without a PP account.

I blame it all on the VPN market boom. As my grandma says, if you ain’t got nothing to hide, you ain’t got nothing to worry about.

Well, to be fair, Paypal does not block any VPN usage on an existing account, Russia VPN? no problem.

But surely, they will check for VPN when you have no existing account.

Synatiq said: you can pay by credit card through PayPal without a PP account.

That has been the case for a long time. Business and former Premier account holders can choose if they want to allow transactions without a PayPal account.

They need to work with their account verification process.

• Synatiq said: As my grandma says, if you ain’t got nothing to hide, you ain’t got nothing to worry about.

I can haz your granny's IP address now plz?

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@cheap_box said:
    Otherwise I will be harmful.

That’s why they are right to allegedly manually verify you.

• @uptime said:

Synatiq said: As my grandma says, if you ain’t got nothing to hide, you ain’t got nothing to worry about.

I can haz your granny's IP address now plz?

With SSN and credit card details too thanks

• hello its me ur grandson ...

serially @Synatiq, IMO granny deserves better

(and might note that elderly are a prime target for scams - and a little bit of leaked info can go a long way ...)

Thanked by 1webclouddev
  • @cheap_box said:

He probably mean "I will be hurt financially"

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2020

@terrorgen said:

@cheap_box said:

I've come across a number of people like that before who meant "I will DDoS you"

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @jackb said:

@terrorgen said:

@cheap_box said:

I've come across a number of people like that before who meant "I will DDoS you"

People like what? o_O

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@xaoc said:

@jackb said:

@terrorgen said:

@cheap_box said:

People like what? o_O

People that say things like

Otherwise I will be harmful

• @jackb said:

@xaoc said:

@jackb said:

@terrorgen said:

@cheap_box said:

People like what? o_O

People that say things like

Otherwise I will be harmful

My internal english dictionary's interpretation of that was something like "i will lose millions".

• Thanked by 1pike
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Somtimes it happends with Paypal. Most of those 24h holds because your activity in the past, like chargebacks, etc.

• @MechanicWeb said:

Same up here. I've signed up for a domestic payment gateway with the ability to accept international transactions. They're much more convenient(except they take 2 days to process $$ in my bank and PP take 1).
    Also, PayPal's transaction fees are way too pain in the ass. I agree they help you in disputes but that doesn't mean you're gonna charge $3 on receiving $35.

• billywbillyw Member, Host Rep

Thanked by 1uptime

Manal said: Same up here.

Local payment gateways are on the rise and more companies are starting to use them due to various advantages compared to a gateway located abroad.

It's a good thing.