Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LEB/LET Improvements & Feedback - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LEB/LET Improvements & Feedback

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    Suggestion: include a list of admins/moderators at the top of the community rules.

Good idea, we should do that.

• Cant find the sign out link in mobile.

@cazrz said:
    Cant find the sign out link in mobile.

It's in the footer

• @jbiloh said:

@cazrz said:

It's in the footer

Thanks I see it now, I thought it was a dust in the ads, as it seems to have too light on a white background.

@cazrz said:

@jbiloh said:

@cazrz said:

It's in the footer

Thanks I see it now, I thought it was a dust in the ads, as it seems to have too light on a white background.

We removed some links in the header overnight on LET and also updated the footer. Next in line is removing the leb feed.

From there I'm going to likely update vanilla in the next few days.

Any other requested or desired changes on LET?

Has anyone used this advanced search plugin for Vanilla?

https://vanillaskins.com/plugins.html#searchPlus

• @entrailz said:
    Can we make it so when you go back on mobile to the home page it doesn't take you to the top of the page but instead at the same point you was at? Can get a video if need be.

This is the instant hate feature people experience coming to LET the first time.

What I do now, is just open each thread in a new tab until I get to previous day's threads and avoid going back to main page anymore.

@TimboJones said:

@entrailz said:
    Can we make it so when you go back on mobile to the home page it doesn't take you to the top of the page but instead at the same point you was at? Can get a video if need be.

This is the instant hate feature people experience coming to LET the first time.

What I do now, is just open each thread in a new tab until I get to previous day's threads and avoid going back to main page anymore.

Could someone PM me a video of this so I can take a look please?

• @jbiloh said:

@TimboJones said:

@entrailz said:

Lol, wut? You don't have a phone?

1. Scroll to bottom of page, click link to view a thread.
    2. Click Back.

Expectation: browser goes back to the last view near the bottom where you clicked the thread url.

Actual: page is loaded and you're back to viewing top of page.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Yeah should be super easy to reproduce. Absolutely no need for a video :-)

@TimboJones said:

@jbiloh said:

@TimboJones said:

@entrailz said:

Lol, wut? You don't have a phone?

1. Scroll to bottom of page, click link to view a thread.
    2. Click Back.

Expectation: browser goes back to the last view near the bottom where you clicked the thread url.

Actual: page is loaded and you're back to viewing top of page.

I've sent this to our developer to try and fix.

The leb feed is also disabled. No more auto posts to let.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • I too enjoy asking people to do easy stuff for me

a common symptom of "fully management" mode ....

Thanked by 1TimboJones

uptime said: I too enjoy asking people to do easy stuff for me

a common symptom of "fully management" mode ....

Most of the improvements done recently were my work but I am not very good with web languages so I defer to others for that.

@t0ny0 said:
    Yeah should be super easy to reproduce. Absolutely no need for a video :-)

Good news.

The mobile theme bug where the view resets to the top when hitting the back button has been fixed.

Tick one more bug/grievance off the list. :)

Trying to knock these things off quickly for everyone.

• @jbiloh said:

@t0ny0 said:

Good news.

The mobile theme bug where the view resets to the top when hitting the back button has been fixed.

Wow! It really is fixed. Awesome, thanks for fixing that for us, it was very annoying :-) keep up the good work

@t0ny0 said:

@jbiloh said:

@t0ny0 said:

Good news.

Wow! It really is fixed. Awesome, thanks for fixing that for us, it was very annoying :-) keep up the good work

Glad it's fixed on your mobile phone too.

Making stuff happen every day.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Sorry JB, not an OCD or anything but I think the footer needs a slight amendment.

It's "LowEndBox & Low End Talk". If LEB needs to be mentioned, it shouldn't go before LET :)

It should be "LowEndTalk & LowEndBox"

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:

@t0ny0 said:

Good news.

Perfect so much nicer now. It's the little things that really make it smoother.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

Hi everyone,

I'm compiling a list of a few more things that need to be done so far here's what I've got pending and I'm open to additional suggestions:

1. Minor bug fixes to mobile theme

2. Investigating better search for LET

3. Upgrading vanilla and a few misc plugins

4. Tweaking the desktop header

I'd like to add more to my LET list. What other suggestions do you guys and gals have?

How has email deliverability been for messages from LET? They seem to be coming in consistently for me. Just wanted to confirm for others...

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • jbiloh said: I'd like to add more to my LET list. What other suggestions do you guys and gals have?

1. Quit LEB & LET and move to the better alternatives.

You're welcome!

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:
    Hi everyone,

I'm compiling a list of a few more things that need to be done so far here's what I've got pending and I'm open to additional suggestions:

1. Minor bug fixes to mobile theme

2. Investigating better search for LET

3. Upgrading vanilla and a few misc plugins

4. Tweaking the desktop header

I'd like to add more to my LET list. What other suggestions do you guys and gals have?

How has email deliverability been for messages from LET? They seem to be coming in consistently for me. Just wanted to confirm for others...

Also the LEB Sidebar feed is pending too.

Does anyone have any experience with this plugin?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/weglot/

Thinking about adding multi-language support.

Feedback / thoughts always appreciated.

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited March 2020

@jbiloh

It's fucking 2020, yo! Get the fucking unsubscribe link working already.

Hello [snip],
    We have published a new blog article on our website : SpectraIP – KVM NVMe 1GB KVM VPS (NL), starting at €2.50/month
    You can view it from this link : https://lowendbox.com/blog/spectraip-kvm-nvme-1gb-kvm-vps-nl-starting-at-e2-50-month/
    Thanks & Regards,
    Admin
    You received this email because in the past you have provided us your email address : [snip] to receive notifications when new updates are posted.
    I'd be sad to see you go. But if you want to, you can unsubscribe from here: https://lowendbox.com/?es

edited March 2020

AlyssaD said: Hello [snip],We have published a new blog article on our website : SpectraIP – KVM NVMe 1GB KVM VPS

I tested this yesterday and it worked. Send me a PM with details. Thanks!

• @raindog308 said:
    Suggestion: include a list of admins/moderators at the top of the community rules.

Just going to highlight this one again as it’s been 3 weeks or so.

On the subject of killing a mods account, it’s important to tread carefully when rebuilding trust. It typically isn’t the one thing but a series of things that ended with a specific outcome.

Thanked by 2angstrom poisson
  • @jbiloh said:

@jbiloh said:

On the other hand, if it attracts many non-English users to start posting on LET in a mix of non-English languages, that's going to hurt the site overall.

Thanked by 1bugrakoc

KermEd said: Just going to highlight this one again as it’s been 3 weeks or so.

This has been added as of today, thanks for the suggestion. The full list now appears in both Community Rules and Selling Rules threads.

KermEd said: On the subject of killing a mods account, it’s important to tread carefully when rebuilding trust. It typically isn’t the one thing but a series of things that ended with a specific outcome.

Definitely agree with you.

TimboJones said: On the other hand, if it attracts many non-English users to start posting on LET in a mix of non-English languages, that's going to hurt the site overall.

Great point, I am going to hold off on adding that plugin for now. Thanks for the input.

jbiloh said: I'm compiling a list of a few more things that need to be done so far here's what I've got pending and I'm open to additional suggestions:

Minor bug fixes to mobile theme

Investigating better search for LET

Upgrading vanilla and a few misc plugins

Tweaking the desktop header

We have finished tweaking the LET header and Vanilla upgrades will be completed in the next week or so. Once that is finished we'll make the final pending updates already discussed

raindog308 said: Suggestion: include a list of admins/moderators at the top of the community rules.

Done :)

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@jbiloh said: The full list now appears in both Community Rules and Selling Rules threads.

There's a small typo in both lists: @JaackH --> @JackH

• LeeLee Veteran

Why are the LET ads still showing, must have 2 weeks ago you said that would be removed.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Lee said:
    Why are the LET ads still showing, must have 2 weeks ago you said that would be removed.

Do you mean the LEB adverts in the side bar?