Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach Vs Vultr - Which is better? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach Vs Vultr - Which is better?

13»

Comments

• @TimboJones said:

@ben47955 said:

VirMach said: For I/O:

I got recently three shutdown for IO abuse (#518876, #215269, #442204).
    It was a idling VM (Actually was serving a single file one times per months).
    There where no evidence of compromised VM.
    I monitored closely after that and never I saw any abnormal usage.

Support suggested a reinstall, I did it and shutdown are gone. Hetrixtool now report all usage constantly.

I'm a big Virmach fan, but I have a mixed feeling on this. All my VM work flawless and I feel bad for taking support time, specially on this really special deal. On the other side, to the best of my knowledge their where nothing wrong from what I can control and it was really hard to point to support that the issues may be outside of my control.

There are software bugs, too. If this happens again, find the app using the disk I/O so you're aware. This can lead to discovering typos or fat finger mistakes that made something run in a loop.

This was Virmach image( converted from ovz to kvm) with basic NGINX setup. To serve a single zip a time or too per month. Neither after the reboot or couple day after I was able to see any significant usage. I can't say 100% sure that it was not my fault, but I did a honest investigation to the best of my knowledge and found nothing.

• drakuladrakula Member

@zhujiwiki said:
    100% Vultr

@zhujiwiki said:
    Vultr

wtf?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2020

It takes more for me to say that I love Vultr and they’re really good than it might someone else, which is why I like to say it.

There’s a personal history: I always interpreted Dave’s language towards me to be rude and hateful, mainly because I worked at DO and there’s some really old history of hatred between the two that dates back farther than either brand (like ServerStack days). It’s been a few years since we interacted so take that with a grain of salt.

But, with all that said, if I can still praise them for having a great product despite the personal issues, it must be pretty good to make me willing to overcome them. Despite those personal issues, I’ve never been treated with anything but respect when interacting as a customer. Great product, great support. Probably a lot more words than I needed to use to say it, I just liked the context it added ;)

• Stay away from Virmach..> @ben47955 said:

VirMach said: For I/O:

I got recently three shutdown for IO abuse (#518876, #215269, #442204).
    It was a idling VM (Actually was serving a single file one times per months).
    There where no evidence of compromised VM.
    I monitored closely after that and never I saw any abnormal usage.

Support suggested a reinstall, I did it and shutdown are gone. Hetrixtool now report all usage constantly.

I'm a big Virmach fan, but I have a mixed feeling on this. All my VM work flawless and I feel bad for taking support time, specially on this really special deal. On the other side, to the best of my knowledge their where nothing wrong from what I can control and it was really hard to point to support that the issues may be outside of my control.

Same problem happened to me in the past, I even turned the VM off and still getting warnings.
    The VM was 8GB ram, 100GB Disk, 4CPU

• MohamadSY said: Stay away from Virmach..> @ben47955 said:

Shit can happen and can be fixed. I Believe in Virmach. I have 14 VM, 5 of them are on use ( I don't count the one I mentioned earlier) and they are all fine.