Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostSolutions.ro Down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostSolutions.ro Down?

2»

Comments

• @dfroe said:

@TimboJones said: [...] unless you don't value your time or quality of experience.

Well, that depends on the point of view - or what you do with it. ;)

Now I do have an amazing SmokePing alert which weights the packet loss exponentially over the last two hours together with a hysteresis and in turn dynamically adjusts the BGP metrics within my virtual DNS anycast lab.
    It's all about learning. :)

This messy network with sometimes completely random latency and packet loss was the best environment for me to get a real feeling how such a weighted packet loss formula and the hysteresis behaves in real life. It actually saved me the time to create a simulated lab for that purpose. :)

In that case, you had a spec of needing a shitty network and you got what you paid for. ;)

• @TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

@TimboJones said:

@dfroe said:
    Currently they are working on their internal network, fixing switches etc. which results in limited bandwidth (3-4 Mbit/s) and >50ms additional latency from my server to their wan router since one month.
    I am optimistic that at some point in the future their network will operate normally again. Whenever this will be..

It's been this way for a month, or since the first of the month? Either way, that's not acceptable.

I don't know why you think that's not acceptable. This is @cociu we talking about. You either accept, or leave it.

I don't know why you think that's acceptable, unless you don't value your time or quality of experience.

If you value your time, you won't order from @cociu. the guy has been known to have problematic server and support. This isn't even his first, this is his....... I don't know, I lost count.

• his sister will reply .
    next week .