Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSD/NVME KVM UK or East USA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSD/NVME KVM UK or East USA

Hello everyone, as all of you know, HostDoc is closing and it's my time to search for a new provider. This is what I'm looking for.

• min. 2vCPU
  • min. 2GB of RAM
  • 3GB+ of storage
  • min. 3TB @ 1Gbps
  • UK or East USA
  • 4£/5€ /mo

Thank you!

Comments

• Congratulations on your first post of 2020.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

@Telgo said:
    Hello everyone, as all of you know, HostDoc is closing and it's my time to search for a new provider. This is what I'm looking for.

• min. 2vCPU
    • min. 2GB of RAM
    • 3GB+ of storage
    • min. 3TB @ 1Gbps
    • UK or East USA
    • 4£/5€ /mo

Thank you!

Hey Buddy,
    Join the family and take advantage of our hd refugee special :). NYC (East coast)
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/162792/nexusbytes-72-hours-flash-sale-cacheout-your-old-xeon-cachein-and-ryzen-above-the-quality

Our VPS-2G plan might perfectly fit your need :). If you need a tailor made plan, I am all ears.

https://nexusbytes.com/cart.php?gid=16

If you have any questions or concerns, or special requests, please pm me. I would be delighted to assist you :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • This is precisely why HostDoc is closing.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

@Synatiq said:
    This is precisely why HostDoc is closing.

Can we just be human for once? Please? Cocky remarks about a competitor (even if they are closing) ain't cool bro. I recon you offer UK vps?

Maybe a custom made plan for our friend in need?

• +1 for @seriesn - definitely a great family to join and be a part of!

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited February 2020

@Synatiq said:

Hmm, the offer OP is looking for isn't unreasonable so your comment was pretty uncalled for in my opinion.

Perhaps instead of taking cheap shots at fallen providers you should "look in your own garden" as a sexy Romanian man around here once said..

@t0ny0 said:
    +1 for @seriesn - definitely a great family to join and be a part of!

Agrees 100% :-)

• starservicesstarservices Member
    edited February 2020

Welcome mate, I can offer this in Eirth in London.

1 x 3.7Ghz CPU Cores
    2 GB DDR4 RAM
    30 GB SSD NVMe Storage
    3000 GB Traffic
    Powered by KVM®
    1 IP & IPv6 Address
    99.95% Uptime
    1000 Mbit Uplink
    £3.99 a month.

Don,t mind swapping 20GB storage for an extra core.

https://www.getwebhosting.co.uk/uk-ssd-vps-hosting

• Scott15Scott15 Member
    edited February 2020
  • @seriesn said:

@Synatiq said:

Can we just be human for once? Please? Cocky remarks about a competitor (even if they are closing) ain't cool bro. I recon you offer UK vps?

Maybe a custom made plan for our friend in need?

The aim was never pointed towards HostDoc.

There is a difference between a high-end server and a low-end budget. Let me hint it - the price. People around here get those mixed, and companies fall. Like it or not.

• @Synatiq You literally offered a free $50 coupon on LEB should I say anymore?

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

@Scott15 said:
    @Synatiq You literally offered a free $50 coupon on LEB should I say anymore?

I knew this was coming.

Still doesn't apply. You'd be surprised how quickly money is spent when it's given. There's a huge difference in recurring cutthroat deals compared to an initial nice deal which expires and when it does it's - gone. Back to the normal, sustainable price.

$50 wasn't sustainable, which is why we removed it in less than a few days after launch. $20 is though, at least it can breakeven given the initial required deposit.

Although, admittedly, OPs request is not fully unreasonable. I've seen a lot worse.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited February 2020

@Synatiq said:

@Scott15 said:

I knew this was coming.

Still doesn't apply. You'd be surprised how quickly money is spent when it's given. There's a huge difference in recurring cutthroat deals compared to an initial nice deal which expires and when it does it's - gone. Back to the normal, sustainable price.

$50 wasn't sustainable, which is why we removed it in less than a few days after launch. $20 is though, at least it can breakeven given the initial required deposit.

Although, admittedly, OPs request is not fully unreasonable. I've seen a lot worse. But it's still the same old song.

So what happens if I use the credit and not renew? Same logic applies no?

Just saying brother. Life is hard. Snarky big boy remarks don't suit us little players.

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

@seriesn said:

@Synatiq said:

@Scott15 said:

I knew this was coming.

Although, admittedly, OPs request is not fully unreasonable. I've seen a lot worse. But it's still the same old song.

So what happens if I use the credit and not renew? Same logic applies no?

That would be a shame, but you know - it happens. Regardless, we would still breakeven after the initial required deposit to get the free credit.

Good luck coming on zero with cutthroat deals. Just overheads, support and the economics of ever increasing growth. Examples set all over LEB.

Not a big player by any means. It's just maths and not being unreasonably greedy.

But hey, if you can make those profitable, sure, by all means go for it. There's a few of you here that can actually do it.

• Synatiq said: $20 is though, at least it can breakeven given the initial required deposit.

KVM usually cheap than cloud(which can relocate), if your KVM is same price as DO cloud, why other will buy from you, DO's cloud has other extra features...

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited February 2020

@webdev said:

Synatiq said: $20 is though, at least it can breakeven given the initial required deposit.

KVM usually cheap than cloud(which can relocate), if your KVM is same price as DO cloud, why other will buy from you, DO's cloud has other extra features...

We have some extra features of our own, but I don't want to turn this into my thread. Digitalocean are great and frankly quite innovative, go for whatever suits you! Used them many times in the past, and still would if we didn't have ourselves :).

• @Synatiq said:

@webdev said:

Synatiq said: $20 is though, at least it can breakeven given the initial required deposit.

We have some extra features of our own, but I don't want to turn this into my thread. Digitalocean are great and frankly quite innovative, go for whatever suits you! Used them many times in the past, and still would if we didn't have ourselves :).

Tl;dr more BS from @Synatiq

Run along and work on your 10gbit in Sydney and all the other imaginary locations you have with your imaginary customers.

I really wouldn't recommend attacking established, trusted, loved providers around here - it makes you look extremely desperate and is the fastest way to end up on the shit list. Believe me, the shit list is really not fun.

Judging from your responses, you'll likely attempt to play down or laugh off my suggestions as some noise, perhaps discredit me or make me look crazy, or question my motives.

• Scott15Scott15 Member
    edited February 2020

@Synatiq In all respects you referenced HostDoc that is closing and about the offer that this customer was on, I don't want to offend anyone or anything but I don't think it's the right move to pick on a host that is closing down, considering the other company you had closed with a massive shit storm and then reappeared with a massive backlash and shit storm again. Which you ditched recently and opened this one.

I wish you well in your business I really do but let's slacken off the offence here.

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited February 2020

@Synatiq said:
    There is a difference between a high-end server and a low-end budget. Let me hint it - the price. People around here get those mixed, and companies fall. Like it or not.

There is a difference between a high-end LET provider and a low-end LET provider. Let me hint it - the class. A certain provider here get those two mixed, and such providers fall. Like it or not.

• @dahartigan said:
    Run along and work on your 10gbit in Sydney and all the other imaginary locations you have with your imaginary customers.

synatiq is just reselling Dediserve out of Sydney 😂

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • € 5 is pretty decent budget if one would consider annual billing.