Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap storage options
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap storage options

Hi

I'm looking to backup my Nas drive. It's about 10tb.

Glacier @$1 per tb per month seems to be cheapest to store. But recovery from that is crazy price.

Is there anything similar price but doesn't charge a silly amount getting the data back ?

It's fine to be like glacier where I would need to wait a day or 2 for access to the data (in the unlikely event I do need to recover)

Thanks

Comments

• RossGRossG Member, Host Rep

Wasabi and Backblaze B2 are both good options, you'd be looking around $60-70/month for 10TB.

• Maybe G Suite? They still offer unlimited storage for 1 user in their premium tier (8$/m or something like this).

• @exussum said:
    Hi

I'm looking to backup my Nas drive. It's about 10tb.

Glacier @$1 per tb per month seems to be cheapest to store. But recovery from that is crazy price.

Is there anything similar price but doesn't charge a silly amount getting the data back ?

It's fine to be like glacier where I would need to wait a day or 2 for access to the data (in the unlikely event I do need to recover)

Thanks

I'm not sure if you need a VPS or Dedi.

VPS : https://www.backovia.com/cheap-backup-high-storage-vps-custom.html

Their 10 TB costs, like $85.

Dedi : https://www.backovia.com/cheap-backup-high-storage-dedicated-server-in-eu.html

12 TB fr $80

• https://hostsolutions.ro/eng/hosting/kvm-storage

using the cupon code "FRE85XOP86" will do 50% off so you will have a price of 27.5eur/mo

• Backblaze is pretty solid.

Thanked by 1claudio
  • @benj0x said:
    Maybe G Suite? They still offer unlimited storage for 1 user in their premium tier (8$/m or something like this).

Unlimited storage
    With G Suite Business, each user in your organization can store unlimited Gmail messages, Google Photos, and files in Drive. Or if there are 4 or fewer users in your organization, each user gets 1 TB of storage.

So would only get 1TB of storage :( good idea though. Thanks

• @exussum said:

@benj0x said:
    Maybe G Suite? They still offer unlimited storage for 1 user in their premium tier (8$/m or something like this).

Unlimited storage
    With G Suite Business, each user in your organization can store unlimited Gmail messages, Google Photos, and files in Drive. Or if there are 4 or fewer users in your organization, each user gets 1 TB of storage.

So would only get 1TB of storage :( good idea though. Thanks

Yeah, but they don't enforce the limit yet, even if you haven't got more than 5 users.
    I'm also using it at the moment with around 6TB of Linux ISOs.

Thanked by 1claudio