Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Block Box / Storages / NVMe $3.30 - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Block Box / Storages / NVMe $3.30

Comments

• @schilton said:
    @key900 can you see my ticket. It has been so long.
    If it’s hard for you. Shall I request cancellation!??

You have to be kidding? Follow the instructions man. If you can't then you'll need to pay someone to do it for you. If you don't want to do that, then learn to follow the instructions, etc..

• @schilton said:

He should charge you money for answering your stupid questions.

• @poisson said:

@schilton said:

Imagine having the audacity to purchase an unmanaged server and expect the provider to configure a third party application in a non-standard manner, and then to insult the provider's support and demand a refund.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited February 2020

@dahartigan said:

@poisson said:

@schilton said:

Imagine having the audacity to purchase an unmanaged server and expect the provider to configure a third party application in a non-standard manner, and then to insult the provider's support and demand a refund.

Welcome to LET.

Or maybe real world in general.

There’s a thread on the front page of LET today where the OP expected a Less than 1 hour turnaround time for a support ticket. Legitimate or not, They were okay to use LET as public support desk. The provider was okay to respond to that one. Though not for a sales ticket that got flagged. Maybe its time to close curtains here.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Smells like zomby2

• cybertech said: Smells like zomby2

no u :smiley:

spamer!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@sgno1 said:
    Any restock?

Yes we will have stock soon.

Regarding

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • rb2krb2k Member
    edited March 2020

I liked the machine so far. Great performance.

One thing that's a bit disappointing:

I ordered N4 on a monthly plan to see what the performance was like.
    I liked the VPS and a few days later, I asked to be changed to a yearly payment.

For some reason, I was switched from N4 to B1 and told that would be cheaper.
    It turns out that not only is it $10 / year MORE, but it also has less traffic.

Now I've been trying to convince support that they shouldn't have converted me to the more expensive thing that has less bandwidth and I should be put on N4 again.

Initially I was told I never had N4 by the same person that changed my plan previously (ticket 773305), then I was told that I can't just 'jump between promotions' (ticket 927457). At the moment, a 2nd person jumped in saying that I never had N4 (hilariously in the ticket that details the move from N4 to B1)

All I really want is the thing I ordered, but it's proving difficult :-/

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@rb2k said:

I liked the VPS and a few days later, I asked to be changed to a yearly payment.

Now I've been trying to convince support that they shouldn't have converted me to the more expensive thing that has less bandwidth and I should be put on N4 again.

Initially I was told I never had N4 by the same person that changed my plan previously (ticket 773305), then I was told that I can't just 'jump between promotions' (ticket 927457). At the moment, a 2nd person jumped in saying that I never had N4 (hilariously in the ticket that details the move from N4 to B1)

Congrats on your first post since February 2012!

Thanked by 1rb2k
  • edited March 2020

It would be great if their product details/descriptions in their website and dashboard/console can be cleaned up to become more consistent and organized.
    I bet some of their staffs are confused too.

• TionTion Member

@angstrom said:

How does it matter?

• rb2krb2k Member

@angstrom said:

I'll slowly work my way up from once every decade :)
    Usually I don't have a lot to say, but this one was such a back and forth, I thought I'd mention it so others don't run into the same issue.

Rather than converting me, it seems like they expect me to cancel the current plan, get a refund, pay 50 cents, order the plan I originally wanted. I'm still a bit at awe how someone in customer service would suggest something like that.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • james50ajames50a Member
    edited March 2020

@rb2k said:

@angstrom said:

Usually I don't have a lot to say, but this one was such a back and forth, I thought I'd mention it so others don't run into the same issue.

Rather than converting me, it seems like they expect me to cancel the current plan, get a refund, pay 50 cents, order the plan I originally wanted. I'm still a bit at awe how someone in customer service would suggest something like that.

id double check 2 things. Check under "Upgrade/Downgrade options" to see if you can manually change to the expected traffic and double check if the 10$ difference you see isnt just for 13 months or some other weird prorated thing then normal rate for renewal.

@Tion said:

@angstrom said:

How does it matter?

I didn't say that it mattered -- I simply congratulated him on his first post since February 2012, which, frankly, I found rather impressive.

@rb2k said:

@angstrom said:

If all you wanted to do was to keep N4 but to move from monthly payments to yearly payments, then I agree, they seem to have made a mistake.

Sometimes, in the case of a promotion, a provider doesn't allow the switching of payment terms, so it's probably a good idea to ask beforehand whether this is possible. I suspect that this is the case here, but then they should simply have said this (instead of changing your plan).

edited March 2020

@rb2k said: @angstrom

You are order for B1, You can make sure by checking mail history i';m not sure where or thought you believe that you had N4. Here is the confirmation mail.

Dear xxx,

This is a payment receipt for Invoice xx sent on 02/14/2020

B1 - xx.xx.net (03/04/2020 - 03/03/2021) $xx
    CPU Sockets: 4
    Additional Disks Space Block Storage UP to 300MB/s: 1 TB (1000 usable)
    Bandwidth: 5TB
    Amount Of RAM: 8 GB RAM
    NVME Disk Space: 100 GB
    IPv4 Addresses: 1
    IPv6 Addresses: 1
    Network Rate: 1Gbps Shared
    Setup Time: Between 8:30PM - 1:30AM (GMT +2) Business days
    Level Of Support: No Support
    Terms Of Use: I have read and agree
    DDoS-Shield Mitigation: NO DDoS-Shield

We don't allow jumping around with every promotion we do. if you want N4 set new order for it.

Regarding.

• Can you check the tickets 719969? IPV6 gateway is unavailable;

ping6 2a0b:ae40:1:4a0a::1
    PING 2a0b:ae40:1:4a0a::1(2a0b:ae40:1:4a0a::1) 56 data bytes
    From 2a0b:ae40:1:4a0a::85 icmp_seq=1 Destination unreachable: Address unreachable

But I ping IPV6 gateway in other VPS is available

• N4 is out of stock.Have any plan to restock?
    How much price to add a ipv4?
    And Cloud the plan be adjusted to reduce the bandwidth and change network to CN2(Asia optimize)?

• @cybmp3 said:
    N4 is out of stock.Have any plan to restock?
    And Cloud the plan be adjusted to reduce the bandwidth and change network to CN2(Asia optimize)?

There's no options for either sorry. Generally if you need specific network optimization you need to choose based on provider. Not really something they can add on a per customer basis for small clients. Probably don't hold out for restock of n4 and just watch for new promotions /daily specials on letbox site directly.

• cybmp3cybmp3 Member
    edited March 2020

@james50a said:

@cybmp3 said:

There's no options for either sorry. Generally if you need specific network optimization you need to choose based on provider. Not really something they can add on a per customer basis for small clients. Probably don't hold out for restock of n4 and just watch for new promotions /daily specials on letbox site directly.

Because I noticed that the LETBOX nodes are in the PSYCHZ data center and they have CN2 network.
    I have ordered a N4 plan, but I didn't notice the country option when I registered. I filled a wrong country(default is US but I'm in China), which caused maxmind to cancel my order.

• @key900 said:

You are order for B1, You can make sure by checking mail history i';m not sure where or thought you believe that you had N4. Here is the confirmation mail.

Dear xxx,

We don't allow jumping around with every promotion we do. if you want N4 set new order for it.

Regarding.

Well, that email says "B1”, but the specs don't match the B1 or N4 plan from first post.

I can easily see how having 4 CPU cores thought he had N4 plan.

There's just not enough details to know wtf happened here. It's confusing because which upgrades were selected and monthly and annual pricing withheld.

@TimboJones said:

@key900 said:

Dear xxx,

Regarding.

Well, that email says "B1”, but the specs don't match the B1 or N4 plan from first post.

There's just not enough details to know wtf happened here. It's confusing because which upgrades were selected and monthly and annual pricing withheld.

Hello,

The OP select configured the VPs and use the addon while ordering for the VPs and it was monthly then asked to upgraded yearly.

@cybmp3 said:

@james50a said:

@cybmp3 said:

Because I noticed that the LETBOX nodes are in the PSYCHZ data center and they have CN2 network.
    I have ordered a N4 plan, but I didn't notice the country option when I registered. I filled a wrong country(default is US but I'm in China), which caused maxmind to cancel my order.

Don’t got confused we don’t have CN2.

• @key900 said:

@TimboJones said:

@key900 said:

Dear xxx,

Regarding.

Hello,

The OP select configured the VPs and use the addon while ordering for the VPs and it was monthly then asked to upgraded yearly.

It should be straight forward. Whatever his monthly price is, his annual price should be monthly x 12 (or x10 or x11). End of story.

edited March 2020

@TimboJones said:

@key900 said:

@TimboJones said:

@key900 said:

Dear xxx,

Regarding.

Hello,

It should be straight forward. Whatever his monthly price is, his annual price should be monthly x 12 (or x10 or x11). End of story.

Well the main issue that he keeps claiming that he had N4 package but he never did order it . He was at B1 and wanting to changing to N4 for free more bandwidth.

Regarding.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • rb2krb2k Member
    edited March 2020

I just ended up cancelling, got the refund and used that to reorder the N4 one.
    A bit of extra work to reconfigure the server, but luckily I had all that stuff somewhat automated. Ultimately it's $20 cheaper / year and has more bandwidth.

Not quite sure why that path was preferred rather than just changing the existing machine, but it all worked out.

Still a great deal.

@rb2k said:
    I just ended up cancelling, got the refund and used that to reorder the N4 one.
    A bit of extra work to reconfigure the server, but luckily I had all that stuff somewhat automated. Ultimately it's $20 cheaper / year and has more bandwidth.

Not quite sure why that path was preferred rather than just changing the existing machine, but it all worked out.

Still a great deal.

You don’t get it right? We don’t do special offer switching. You order for a package and asked back to something different because it cheaper and have more bandwidth. We don’t do that or will do.

Regarding

• @key900 said: N4

4 GB Dedicated RAM

2 x CPU cores Got double 4 CPU Total
    20 NVMe Main Disk
    FREE 256G Block Storage
    15TB/Month @ 1 Gbps
    1x IPv4
    Private Internal IP
    KVM
    $5.51 Monthly
    $15 Quarterly
    $50/Year
    Los Angeles (https://my.letbox.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=115)

Hey bro @key900 . Do you have any yabs.sh test for this plan?

@uzaysan said:

@key900 said: N4

4 GB Dedicated RAM

20 NVMe Main Disk
    FREE 256G Block Storage
    15TB/Month @ 1 Gbps
    1x IPv4
    Private Internal IP
    KVM
    $5.51 Monthly
    $15 Quarterly
    $50/Year

Will prepare E5 & Ryzen CPU benchmark and will back to you as soon as possible

Thanked by 1uzaysan
  • Good!

@uzaysan said:

@key900 said: N4

4 GB Dedicated RAM

20 NVMe Main Disk
    FREE 256G Block Storage
    15TB/Month @ 1 Gbps
    1x IPv4
    Private Internal IP
    KVM
    $5.51 Monthly
    $15 Quarterly
    $50/Year

Benchmark from busy node

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-06-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Wed Jun 24 17:28:53 EDT 2020

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 2799.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 3.7G
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 14G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 232.39 MB/s  (58.0k) | 819.93 MB/s  (12.8k)
    Write      | 233.01 MB/s  (58.2k) | 824.24 MB/s  (12.8k)
    Total      | 465.41 MB/s (116.3k) | 1.64 GB/s    (25.6k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 870.42 MB/s   (1.7k) | 890.94 MB/s    (870)
    Write      | 916.66 MB/s   (1.7k) | 950.27 MB/s    (928)
    Total      | 1.78 GB/s     (3.4k) | 1.84 GB/s     (1.7k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 2921                          
    Multi Core      | 10210                         
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15585970

Old Ryzen benchmark

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2020-02-10                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Mon Apr 13 17:44:45 EDT 2020

Basic System Information:
    Processor  : AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 3792.872 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 1.8G
    Swap       : 0B
    Disk       : 30G

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 393.46 MB/s  (98.3k) | 1.53 GB/s    (23.9k)
    Write      | 394.49 MB/s  (98.6k) | 1.54 GB/s    (24.1k)
    Total      | 787.95 MB/s (196.9k) | 3.07 GB/s    (48.1k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 763.97 MB/s   (1.4k) | 806.98 MB/s    (788)
    Write      | 804.57 MB/s   (1.5k) | 860.73 MB/s    (840)
    Total      | 1.56 GB/s     (3.0k) | 1.66 GB/s     (1.6k)

Geekbench 4 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 5041
    Multi Core      | 8746
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/15397098

Thanked by 1uzaysan