Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting 1.8tb storage offer (10Gb in/1Gb out) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting 1.8tb storage offer (10Gb in/1Gb out)

2»

Comments

• still Out of stock ?

• edited January 2020

@vbloods said:
    still Out of stock ?

I picked one up this morning. Clicking the link again now suggests accounts are still available ~8 hours later (or if they did drop out of stock, some extra resource has since been released).

I'm seeing better dd test results than people are reporting above. Significantly different CPU results too, though as a storage service this is less important.

-------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2019.07.20 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2020-01-29 17:47:47 UTC

Processor:    Intel Xeon E3-12xx v2 (Ivy Bridge, IBRS)
    CPU cores:    1
    Frequency:    3499.998 MHz
    RAM:          1.9G
    Swap:         -
    Kernel:       Linux 4.15.0-76-generic x86_64

Disks:
    loop0   86.9M  HDD
    loop1   89.1M  HDD
    sda    1.8T  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        4.217 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        7.306 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        2.343 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 44.6 us / 185.7 us / 15.3 ms / 499.8 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 13.6 k requests in 5.00 s, 3.31 GiB, 2.71 k iops, 678.9 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    144.00 MiB/s
        2nd run:    484.47 MiB/s
        3rd run:    449.18 MiB/s
        average:    359.22 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    88.99.163.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         30.85 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        36.85 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   5.46 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      38.99 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         11.37 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Extra bulk IO testing with pv from /dev/zero to file and file to /dev/null, the write speed bounces all over the place (sometimes <10MByte/s, often a few hundred MByte/s, generally averaging ~200MByte/s), read speed seems more stable (averaging a similar ~180MByte/sec). Obviously a fuller analysis will include tests at multiple different times of day, and some assessment of random access performance, and for my use transfer rates to/from the UK are more important than anywhere else, etc, but I'm happy so far after this minimal testing.

• hzrhzr Member

MeAtExampleDotCom said: I picked one up this morning. Clicking the link again now suggests accounts are still available ~8 hours later (or if they did drop out of stock, some extra resource has since been released).

You ordered a completely different unrelated package thousands of miles away from the original

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • edited January 2020

@hzr said:

MeAtExampleDotCom said: I picked one up this morning. Clicking the link again now suggests accounts are still available ~8 hours later (or if they did drop out of stock, some extra resource has since been released).

You ordered a completely different unrelated package thousands of miles away from the original

Ah, so I did. The link goes to their general offers list, not a specific offer, and there just happens to be one similar enough available ATM. In reading the thread I missed "Canada" in the first post. Germany works better for me anyway.

Still the same price and the key feature (storage size, R5), so not "completely different".

Max network throughput more limited (250mbit rather than the original offer's 1g-out/10g-in). For my intended use that is not an issue though it might be inconvenient for others, and I assume it is a shared resource so time and further testing will see what sort of rate I generally experience.

• It's a shared resource. I have had no trouble getting 500mbit minimum out of it to any North America target. (before this latest round of offers)

(Let your imagination run wild as to the maximum speed ;)