Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal Billing Agreements WHMCS Addon
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PayPal Billing Agreements WHMCS Addon

LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

With the MyWorks billing module breaking nearly every update of WHMCS, I've decided to release the PayPal Billing Agreements payment gateway that I've developed and currently use. It's not as feature-rich and requires some manual installation steps, but the basic functionality is there, and hey, it's free :)

Any feedback or suggestions for improvement would be appreciated ... maybe if there's enough interest I'll have the motivation to turn it into a proper, feature-rich payment gateway.

https://github.com/Lyphiard/WHMCS-PayPalBillingAgreements

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yeah the 7.7->7.8 migration with the myworks billing agreements module is painful.

We had to revert 3 times, each time needing to write another script/fix.

Even then we had to write another one and run it on the 1st to flush out the fake CC they add.

Francisco

• conlustroconlustro Member
    edited March 2020

Amazing work, thank you! The code looks super solid and it's much more efficient than Myworks'.

• conlustroconlustro Member
    edited March 2020

Can clients cancel the billing agreement in the client area, or will they need to login to paypal to do this? Any chance you will be able to allow admin area cancellation? I guess the admin can just login as client and do it in the client area but it would be more convenient to have a button in the admin area.

• XiNiXXiNiX Member, Host Rep

Great effort !

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

@conlustro said:
    Can clients cancel the billing agreement in the client area, or will they need to login to paypal to do this?

They can press a button to cancel it in the client area.

@conlustro said:
    Any chance you will be able to allow admin area cancellation? I guess the admin can just login as client and do it in the client area but it would be more convenient to have a button in the admin area.

Possibly in the future, it's not really a priority for me right now since there isn't that great of a reason as to why an admin needs to cancel a billing agreement (correct me if I'm wrong, though).

• Possibly in the future, it's not really a priority for me right now since there isn't that great of a reason as to why an admin needs to cancel a billing agreement (correct me if I'm wrong, though).

I use this feature often with my current myworks module install. When a customer complains and doesn't know why they're being charged I can just cancel it form the admin area. Very easy.

• @Lyphiard what do you think about a migration from the myworks module to your module? Is it possible keeping all the billing agreements intact?

• @conlustro were you able to keep your billing aggreements? Or did your clients have to re-create them. I m hoping to avoid that.

• @Mrkluttz I never transitioned but I'm guessing you'll need to remove them all and have your customers re-create them. That's probably the only way.