Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best way to deal with missing an offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the best way to deal with missing an offer

Please see post title. How do you deal with the stress and misery of missing a really good offer? lolz!

Thanked by 3muffin FAT32 poisson

Comments

• You think about all other idle servers and the saved money. It's ok, bro.

Thanked by 2webcraft mrTom
  • imokimok Member
    edited January 2020

Check your wallet. Buy an ice cream.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

This is an interesting question, I dont really have a solution so would like to hear from others too. I have been through this multiple times in the past and sometimes I will still feel quite desperate like you.

The best but hardest way to solve this is to earn enough money to the point that a difference of $10 is almost like nothing.

Another way is to persuade yourself you will still not utilise it anyway, just like most of the other super crazy deals.

The most logical way that works for myself is computing the efforts and probabilities.

For example, how much efforts / time did other people spent on hunting for deals? They might spent 2 hours a day lurking at LET, checking every 30 minutes to make sure they dont miss anything. In contrast you might be just spending few minutes a day on LET.

Probabilities are another thing, basically you compute the number of times you successfully grab a great deals. Assuming everyone is fair, then most likely everyone has the same chance of getting it, given a large enough sample size and duration.

It might be bullshit but for me it works.

• Wait for the next one? Man they come all the time

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Great deals you have missed: (probably) save 90 off
    DO NOT Buy Anything: (certainty) save 100 off!

Thanked by 2yoursunny ViridWeb
  • Read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F&ck". It will make you better.

Thanked by 1PainlessHosting
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I feel you.

There were similar discussions back during BF/CM for those who have missed deals and were still looking for some.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161789/post-bf-pre-cm-request
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161814/cyber-monday-2019-official-requests-thread

No harm in sharing what you're looking for, with the community, as you'll never know if there could be providers out there who could possibly cater your requests/requirements, or if not, someone's bound to voice out their opinion on alternatives.

But if you're still not getting what you looking for, or even close, then just be strong :joy:

• Cancel a VPS service you do not need and wait for the next offer

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Buy a peen pump, be happy.

• @xetsys said:
    Read "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F&ck". It will make you better.

X2. Great book

(no problem saying that from the company account, fully endorsed with no f*cks given)

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Do 22 pushups every day until the next "banging dealz" day arrives.

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited January 2020

Start camping around US, EU timezones everyday. Throw money at every "good deal" till you hit the real keepers.

Lose focus on full time job , lose sleep, buy too many yearly deals. Eventually realize wallets got less than if u bought regular deals and focused on productive work.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • What is the best way to deal with missing an offer

88 MpH

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

A small piece of me dies inside.

Then I go eat bamboo.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@vyas11 said:
    Cancel a VPS service you do not need and wait for the next offer

Why an innocent VPS has to die due to negligence?

Thanked by 1masteri
  • @Radi said:

@vyas11 said:

Lol... not wishing the death of any innocent VPS. Just that cancelling an idler means saving money, which is always good.

• @vyas11 said:

@Radi said:

@vyas11 said:

Lol... not wishing the death of any innocent VPS. Just that cancelling an idler means saving money, which is always good.

Combining that with a switcher promo from Nexus Bytes makes it more fun <3

Thanked by 2DP yoursunny
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

dtoker said: How do you deal with the stress and misery of missing a really good offer?

Retail therapy. Go buy whatever you've been holding out on.

• You can step back and ask yourself why you wanted that service. What was the project? What was the goal? Evaluate it and figure out if it is a genuine goal or project. If it is, then plan to do what is needed to get what you need. Otherwise, feel free to let it go... you really didn’t “need” it in the first place.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Don't miss the offer? :)

• billywbillyw Member, Host Rep

You could always just kindly explain that you missed an offer and see if they would honor it for you, or when they plan on having another offer. If they want your business, they will accommodate you :)

• @jar said:

dtoker said: How do you deal with the stress and misery of missing a really good offer?

Retail therapy. Go buy whatever you've been holding out on.

Sleep?

Thanked by 1jar
  • seriesn said: Sleep?

What's that? You swearing at me?

• Go to the corner.

• hostenshostens Member, Host Rep

Just start writing to provider through tickets, chats, maybe give a few calls. Explain that you've missed a deal, no matter how long ago it was. That will surely make them want to take you on board.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • what a wasted thread

• Buy a Nexus Bytes offer now. Apparently those on older Xeons amd SSDs got upgraded to Ryzen + NVMe at no extra cost.

You will get great hardware in future for today's price if you grab one of their offers now.

Those who took @seriesn's SSD offers are laughing to the bank now.

Thanked by 1seriesn