Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darksiders 1&2 Free on chinese government owns store.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Darksiders 1&2 Free on chinese government owns store.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

Darksiders Warmastered Edition.
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition.
Steep.

From 1/1 through 1/9

Comments

• The Chinese government owns Epic Games? That's the first I've heard that.

• hzrhzr Member

taubin said: The Chinese government owns Epic Games? That's the first I've heard that.

Tencent effectively has control of the board.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@hzr said:

taubin said: The Chinese government owns Epic Games? That's the first I've heard that.

Tencent effectively has control of the board.

Even if Tencent only owns 40%?
    Tim Sweeney holds more than 50%.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

The Chinese government owns Epic Games and Tencent? Me surprised.

Btw, as we recently learned a government does not need to own companies to enforce their will on them, just see -> USA dictating to diverse US companies to whom to sell or not to sell. But of course that was a "good and democratic" government and not an "evil and dictatorial" one like the Chinese.

Funny to see how well Orwellian mind-manipulation works.

Thanked by 2Chuck seriesn
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited January 2020

From what I know about stock markets, if someone sells all of his 40% at one point, the other 60% will loose much "worth" because of the demand-supply thingy. But I'm not a banker.

Also fuck epic, heil GabeN.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • china doesn't need to own. They could just take it by force. Look at what happening to Hong Kong, Taiwan.

• @pike said:
    From what I know about stock markets, if someone sells all of his 40% at one point, the other 60% will loose much "worth" because of the demand-supply thingy. But I'm not a banker.

Also fuck epic, heil GabeN.

Fuck Gaben also, no HF3...

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • jsg said: USA dictating to diverse US companies to whom to sell or not to sell. But of course that was a "good and democratic" government and not an "evil and dictatorial" one like the Chinese.

Never saw it that way! Wow, I have so many questions now.