Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does Psychz Network not give a fuck about their clients??? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why does Psychz Network not give a fuck about their clients???

2»

Comments

• @tester4 said:

@jvnadr said:

PhotonVPS said: Clearly stated on our TOS:

Really? REALLY? if you have been asked a presales question and you said yes, then, if YOU did answer wrong, it is YOUR fault. And if you took his money because of YOUR mistake, then, you should refund him IMMEDIATELLY. Where is anything on your TOS that says, "valid refunds will not be issued during a period of 15 days due to... Christmas"?
    Your answer is utter crap...

It's probably William replying based on how much he doesn't give a fuck, if it was George he would probably be refunded in 3 seconds as he cares about public perception.

Pretty sure it is not George. George is a nice guy who helps people out all the time. If you’d ask me, George is the one who actually cares about public image indeed. I don’t know who was the sales person, but when I used the sales department some years ago, Mayra was there and she was very nice and clear too.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • @Clouvider said:

@rED said:

@PhotonVPS said:
    What's your ticket number and I'll take a look.

*Edit - found your ticket and it's in queue to be processed after the holidays.

Okay!

So I'll have to wait until the holidays are over?

Obviously.

When is that, though? Last Monday and Tuesday wasn't a holiday and still wasn't done. Tomorrow is not a holiday and no response said it would be done then, either. Are we all school kids with holidays up the wazoo?

• rED said: Before ordering I asked them if allow X activity on their servers they said YES, So I proceeded and ordered and paid $100+ then suddenly hours later they said I am sorry we do not allow X activity on our server.

I told them someone from your support(looks like they have outsourced their supp) said you guys DO allow and that's why I ordered but they were like no no it was a mistake. So I asked for a refund and they said we will process your refund in 24-48 hours. I said okay.

what specifically is X activity ? it isn't specifically listed in their TOS ? would help others out if you mentioned what X activity is so they don't run into the same issues

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@TimboJones said:

@Clouvider said:

@rED said:

@PhotonVPS said:

Okay!

Obviously.

When is that, though? Last Monday and Tuesday wasn't a holiday and still wasn't done. Tomorrow is not a holiday and no response said it would be done then, either. Are we all school kids with holidays up the wazoo?

Well, it would be good to know the actual date, because say it was 7 days from Monday, and they advised 2 working days, which is not at all unreasonable, then they are still perfectly within their promise, depending on what holiday calendar and time zone you follow.

It looks kinda blown out of proportion, given the holiday period on the way, and given the high risk use case especially. We don’t necessarily know the whole story here.

• edited December 2019

@Clouvider said:

@TimboJones said:

@Clouvider said:

@rED said:

@PhotonVPS said:

Okay!

Obviously.

Well, it would be good to know the actual date, because say it was 7 days from Monday, and they advised 2 working days, which is not at all unreasonable, then they are still perfectly within their promise, depending on what holiday calendar and time zone you follow.

It does say 24-48hrs, and not 1-2 business days.
    Also - if my bank is open - that means its not the holidays. If that was the case - everybody can claim its their own holiday, so they can be late on refunds.

It looks kinda blown out of proportion, given the holiday period on the way, and given the high risk use case especially. We don’t necessarily know the whole story here.

I would generally agree. But given the fact that sales said that his specific use case is allowed - thats the part that makes this an unreasonable amount of time for the refund.

If he straight up got a server and started abusing it - that would be a whole different story, and I would even root for him/her not getting a refund at all.

But if sales f-ed up, and then the support did the same with the 24-48hrs refund promise - they better make sure they fix that for him, instead of their reps coming in here a week later, pulling links to their ToS out of their ass, that are not even remotely applicable to this specific issue in hand.

You are right - we do not know the whole story, but OP told us his side, Psychz didn't disagree with any of it, so we most likely got the whole story.

• PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

Was payment via PayPal or credit card? Sometimes it can take a week to show refunded on a credit card.

• Update:

Full paypal refund was issued by them just couple hours ago.

Thanks everyone!

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@rED said:
    Update:

Thanks everyone!

Now give everyone who posted in this thread a cookie!

I mean, otherwise, you'd have received the refund next year :p

Thanked by 2Janevski maverickp
  • @BlaZe said:

@rED said:
    Update:

Thanks everyone!

That's right!
    The cookie provides love, warmth and soft fuzzyness during these cold winter days.

Thanked by 2uptime BlaZe
  • marvelmarvel Member
    edited December 2019

@Silvenga said:
    I've colo'ed with Psychz for a couple of years now. For the past 10 tickets, response times were under 15 minutes (datacenter access requests). That said, inquiries to their billing department are a bit slow - I think it took a week to enable automatic-billing.

I remember, also for colo, QuadraNet double charged me. It took a couple of weeks to reverse the charge, which I considered reasonable.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised if the billing administrator was on vacation until next year. Billing issues aren't really considered important enough to have someone on call...

I agree. If you can't live without your $100 for 2 weeks then you shouldn't be renting servers for that price anyway.

Thanked by 2Clouvider DP
  • @BlaZe said:

@rED said:
    Update:

Thanks everyone!

It still feels not right though, posting a topic like this with a subject like that making Psychz look bad in front of the entire community just for a relative small issue like this.

Otherwise he would have gotten his money a couple days later, would that be such a big deal?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited December 2019

@marvel said:

@BlaZe said:

@rED said:
    Update:

Thanks everyone!

It still feels not right though, posting a topic like this with a subject like that making Psychz look bad in front of the entire community just for a relative small issue like this.

Otherwise he would have gotten his money a couple days later, would that be such a big deal?

Psychz promised a refund within a certain time frame, they did not deliver. When called out he responds with a link to the TOS on refunds.. if you think this is good customer service then I am baffled, same with @Clouvider considering I actually use Clouvider....

Remember that they said it was allowed, and the customer was completely reasonable in expecting an immediate refund if they mis-sold the product to the customer.

@tester4 said:

@marvel said:

@BlaZe said:

@rED said:
    Update:

Thanks everyone!

Psychz promised a refund within a certain time frame, they did not deliver. When called out he responds with a link to the TOS on refunds.. if you think this is good customer service then I am baffled, same with @Clouvider considering I actually use Clouvider....

Remember that they said it was allowed, and the customer was completely reasonable in expecting an immediate refund if they mis-sold the product to the customer.

My point here is that we don't see actual messages here nor we know exactly what went down. We have been presented with a single viewpoint of one story. Now it can be easily misinterpreted between the Customer and the support, support says 2 days, Customer understands this as 48 hours, but naturally business is talking about business days as is reasonable to expect in a case of a refund... Billing doesn't normally work holidays, weekends or nights... And there were holidays... Non business days.

In a business that has employees it's not normal for everyone, or most of the staff to have access to all parts of the business. For example, my support has no access to billing, my billing has no access to support, heck, my billing is not authorised to refund over certain amount, and this is only something I can authorise, mistake or not, the processes must be followed and options don't magically show up in the staff portal, because the provider allegedly is at fault.

Same a Customer could have said that they have a small opt in mailing list, but somehow the supplier has received abuse reports as it turned out that maybe they weren't so opt in (for example - no explanation as to how exactly did Psyhz find out there's mailing running? Either they measure TCP/25 and act accordingly, which I highly doubt, or they received a complaint or many), for me, frankly, there's a ton of unknowns here, not enough to warrant going after the reputation of the provider.

Thanked by 2uptime SplitIce
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Did I hear cookies?

• @Jord said:
    Did I hear cookies?

Don't get excited. It's not bamboo.

Thanked by 2Jord feezioxiii
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@poisson said:

How about bamboo cookies?

Thanked by 2uptime Edmond
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@poisson said:

@Jord said:
    Did I hear cookies?

Very true, but one gets a bit fed up with bamboo, needs a change, sir.

• @IonSwitch_Stan said:
    Be extremely careful with Psychz, especially with colo. It was easier for us to file an insurance claim.

Did you actually file a claim from your insurance instead of chasing after Psychz?

I’m guessing you sent them your equipment and it just vanished, even after arriving to Psychz?

@Edmond said:

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    Be extremely careful with Psychz, especially with colo. It was easier for us to file an insurance claim.

Did you actually file a claim from your insurance instead of chasing after Psychz?

I’m guessing you sent them your equipment and it just vanished, even after arriving to Psychz?

This is something I’m also quite interested about, especially that normally insurance company would advance money for the kit but then recover from the responsible party?

• @IonSwitch_Stan said:

A bit more context if possible, curious minds need to know. I've been colo with Psychz @ Carrier-1 for 4 years now and never had any major issues, let alone equipment growing legs or office-space'ed. Would be very interested to know what's the story there.

• @Clouvider said:

@TimboJones said:

@Clouvider said:

@rED said:

@PhotonVPS said:

Okay!

Obviously.

The post was on Sunday and he said 7 days. I thought it was clear it was before last Monday.

• @marvel said:

@Silvenga said:
    I've colo'ed with Psychz for a couple of years now. For the past 10 tickets, response times were under 15 minutes (datacenter access requests). That said, inquiries to their billing department are a bit slow - I think it took a week to enable automatic-billing.

I remember, also for colo, QuadraNet double charged me. It took a couple of weeks to reverse the charge, which I considered reasonable.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised if the billing administrator was on vacation until next year. Billing issues aren't really considered important enough to have someone on call...

I agree. If you can't live without your $100 for 2 weeks then you shouldn't be renting servers for that price anyway.

FYI, you're an asshole for saying this. Please, lay out your expenses so we can judge what you can or cannot afford when money is unexpectedly withheld.