Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap two IP KVM VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap two IP KVM VPS

I need a vps for development and test. No requirement for location and bandwidth, 512 mem, 1 core, 10g ssd disk, kvm, two ipv4. My bucket is 20 usd per year. Any suggestion? Thanks and happy new year!

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

2 IP's will be impossible if you can lower to 1 IP then Buyvm @Francisco , AlphaVps @AlexBarakov and Nexusbyte @seriesn would be good to go

Thanked by 2seriesn jpeng
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

good luck with your bucket!

• Impossible, the 2x IPv4 alone will be worth more than your bucket :smiley:

• webdevwebdev Member
    edited December 2019

since you use it for development and test, why not just 2 nat

• @ManishPant said:
    2 IP's will be impossible if you can lower to 1 IP then Buyvm @Francisco , AlphaVps @AlexBarakov and Nexusbyte @seriesn would be good to go

Thanks for the mention boss :)

@jpeng Boss, with average cost of an ip being $0.5-$1.50/mo, you won't be leavings much room for hardware cost :(

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • If you can wait to Black Friday of 2020...

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@jpeng if you can lift up your bucket a bit to to something more like $30/year or so then might check with @freerangecloud

the recent flash sales from @VirMach had some 2 IP deals - I think those were usually more than $20/year. Anyway that's done for now, even if sometimes people are willing to transfer a deal they're not using that's a hassle for everyone involved, you'll pay something for that too. Just hope you can grab a good deal if they do more next year I guess.

another solution to consider might be to use hourly billed service to test - you can spin up another instance, then save it to a snapshot. In my experience one might often get the same IP address back when re-creating an instance from a snapshot. At least that is what I notice on Lunanode, for example. Would suggest to try Lunanode (good features such as snapshots and detachable block storage volumes) and/or Hetzner (also good features, with lower hourly rates and more resources) unless/until you find a suitable annual deal in your bucket.

sometimes you might find deals on a tiny KVM for even $10 or $15 (or same €) per year - alphaVPS.bg, budgetnode, hostsailor, and hostslick are some that come to mind with recent-ish promotions. Also tinykvm.com is a good example - might expect less than 512 mb ram, not necessarily ssd disk ... anyway you're more likely to see offers for openVZ at that price so might consider that option as well, if eventually perceiving some need to compromise with the available lowend reality.

Thanked by 1jpeng
  • @RecD said:
    If you can wait to Black Friday of 2020...

With current inflation and IP shortage it will be even harder. Unless the entire internet is on IPv6 by then, which I highly doubt....

Thanked by 2uptime jpeng
  • @marvel said:
    With current inflation and IP shortage it will be even harder. Unless the entire internet is on IPv6 by then, which I highly doubt....

If i remember precisely, there're more "Extra IP" deals this year than Virmach offered in 2018.. (and cheaper maybe, you can get 4 IP one with only 12 dollars!)

• I miss the 5ip/20buck/y from vmbox a year ago. Everyone are run out of ip so It is pretty hard to get a deal. Unless someone's IP are grow on trees.

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

We can do all of that for $15/yr except for the dual IPv4. Generally, we charge $1/mo per additional IP, so if you can grow your budget to around $25/ yearly we can make it happen with 2 IPv4.

Thanked by 2jpeng uptime
  • I'd get the @freerangecloud offer, they are an awesome provider!

• Thanks @uptime and all providers. I don’t know IP address lacks in today situation. I will try to find more.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • There's a hole in the bucket, dear Liza

• timelapse said: If you can up your budget to $29 yearly and dont mind Openvz7 / Psk

i.e. "don't mind losing your money".

• @tetech said:

timelapse said: If you can up your budget to $29 yearly and dont mind Openvz7 / Psk

This can be true for any provider though once the unexpected happens

• @timelapse said:

@tetech said:

timelapse said: If you can up your budget to $29 yearly and dont mind Openvz7 / Psk

Surely you are not equating PSK with reputable providers? Not all providers are equal in this respect.

Thanked by 2maverickp timelapse
  • @tetech said:

@timelapse said:

@tetech said:

Surely you are not equating PSK with reputable providers? Not all providers are equal in this respect.

Not at all. I have been with prem providers and had to move due to unforeseen circumstances out of their control

Anyway it was just an option. I suggested lunanode but if creating/destroying will be a hassle then cheap vps from Psk for testing might fit the use-case just ok

• Someone in the Christmas sale thread had some listed with /30 (should give you 2 usable), sounds like what you need!

• @timelapse said:

@jpeng said:
    I need a vps for development and test. No requirement for location and bandwidth, 512 mem, 1 core, 10g ssd disk, kvm, two ipv4. My bucket is 20 usd per year. Any suggestion? Thanks and happy new year!

Why not just use lunanode @perennate for testing? Hourly billed and kvm. You can create/destroy, save snapshot and buy IPs. I think 1 IP is $1/month?

If you can up your budget to $29 yearly and dont mind Openvz7 / Psk since this is for testing only you can get this resource pool with 3 IPs and can deploy up to 3 vps.

Deploy 3 VPS
    4 CPU Cores
    4 GB RAM
    100 GB Storage
    5 TB Monthly Transfer
    3 IPv4 Addresses
    100 IPv6 Addresses
    OpenVZ 7 (Latest Kernel!)
    Docker Supported
    Virtualizor Control Panel

$29 yearly (Aff)

pskhosting scam

• This guy is posting pskhosting in every post with his aff link

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@timelapse No more PSK, I will remove all your recent posts linking to PSK when I have time.

Read here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158270/avoid-psk-hosting-psk-hosting-alpharacks-probably/p1

Shady as hell

• @FAT32 said:
    @timelapse No more PSK, I will remove all your recent posts linking to PSK when I have time.

Read here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/158270/avoid-psk-hosting-psk-hosting-alpharacks-probably/p1

Shady as hell

Sorry and noted no more PSK

• 3ip 33. 33$ virmach

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

-nvm- just saw it's 2 IP(s)