Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sao Paulo Brazil (Maxihost Anti-DDoS) resellers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sao Paulo Brazil (Maxihost Anti-DDoS) resellers?

I would require a VPS from a maxihost reseller which comes with Anti-DDoS.

No specific budget as of yet, just looking for the 2 providers with nearly identical prices and websites for VPS offers which's names I can't remember anymore.

Comments

• YardVPS and PhotonVPS

Found them.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

Psychz resells Maxihost? Unlikely.

Anyways, Maxihost charges $4/IP per month, so it's unlikely anyone will use them in Sao Paulo, unles they charge like $15/GB. Hardware is also very expensive. I have a server with them. The protection is just Voxility.

• Ahh, so maxihost is using Voxility protection.

edited December 2019

@stefeman said:
    Ahh, so maxihost is using Voxility protection.

For international traffic at least. I am guessing that local traffic is all local IX because in the region it doesn't go over Vox routes.

• @MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

For international traffic at least. I am guessing that local traffic is all local IX because in the region it doesn't go over Vox routes.

Hmm very questionable, they claim 2 TBps anti-ddos with scrubbing centers in Sao Paulo and US with no increased latency. I wonder if this includes the Sao Paulo location, I guess not.

And yeah I had a server with them as well in Miami where they also charged me $4 / IP each month, there is zero resell value with their prices.

@marvel said:

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

Hmm very questionable, they claim 2 TBps anti-ddos with scrubbing centers in Sao Paulo and US with no increased latency. I wonder if this includes the Sao Paulo location, I guess not.

And yeah I had a server with them as well in Miami where they also charged me $4 / IP each month, there is zero resell value with their prices.

I am sure it's true, maybe SP is their own mitigation and Voxility is for international traffic. I would guess it would be cheaper that way. Either way, they have been very reliable for me.

If they charge $4/IP/m in the US locations, that's crazy, I was considering using them in the future in Miami but I definitely wouldn't if that's true.

• @MikeA said:

@marvel said:

@MikeA said:

@stefeman said:

I am sure it's true, maybe SP is their own mitigation and Voxility is for international traffic. I would guess it would be cheaper that way. Either way, they have been very reliable for me.

If they charge $4/IP/m in the US locations, that's crazy, I was considering using them in the future in Miami but I definitely wouldn't if that's true.

Well they do offer BYOIP but to announce your subnet they charge I think $200. But if you have a /24 or bigger it might be worth it to avoid the monthly fee.

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

They are using most likely using a combination of NSFocus and Voxility.

Their monitoring portal (https://ddos.maxihost.com.br/auth) HTML elements correspond to an NSFOCUS application.

@marvel said: 2 TBps anti-ddos

https://www.voxility.com/anti-ddos

This is offered with Voxility + some sort of flow-spec? Most likely that the mitigation is handled by Voxiltiy alone, with some DPI (to NSFOCUS) if got through Voxility.

If abnormal traffic occurs through IX/local traffic or private peers, then I would presume the NSFOCUS devices serve as defence.

NSFOCUS appliances are usually deployed on-site and such capacity does not exist with those applicances.

https://nsfocusglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/On-Premises-DDoS-Defenses-Solution-Brief.pdf

Standard NSFOCUS device mitigation capacity is around 4-40Gbps.

• http://lg.sao.psychz.net/
    im 300km away from sao paulo and with this speedtest im able to get only 300kb/s and around 25ms ping.
    compared to my t3 nano aws instance, I can easy max my internet speed (240mbs) and the ping is around 15ms

• avelineaveline Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

We have our own IP space announced in Maxihost SP but we didn't order additional protection. It's just Voxility via tunnel I think.

We can also provide BGP session and BYOIP service with $15 set-up fee.

Let me know what spec you're looking for if you're interested.

Thanked by 1dedimark
  • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@eduf said:
    http://lg.sao.psychz.net/
    im 300km away from sao paulo and with this speedtest im able to get only 300kb/s and around 25ms ping.
    compared to my t3 nano aws instance, I can easy max my internet speed (240mbs) and the ping is around 15ms

If you can PM me a traceroute we can look into this.

We scrub locally ourselves in Sao Paulo.