Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay for 1fichier.com Storage Plan - Convert PayPal to Crypto?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pay for 1fichier.com Storage Plan - Convert PayPal to Crypto?

I signed up for a free account with 1fichier.com. They sent me a promo for a storage plan, 15euros a year with bank transfer and Crypto, but 30 euros for paypal.

As I am in the US, I can't do bank transfer - it would be a wire costing $40, so I want to use paypal. But, I don't want to pay twice the price. Is there a service, for a reasonable fee, that converts paypal or a CC cash advance to crypto?

I might add I have never used crypto currencies as I am an old fart, but I guess now is the time to learn.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2019

You could create a free Revolut account (you will get a UK IBAN) and can then top it up with Google Pay (through PayPal if you link Google Pay to your PayPal) which currently does not work for me but did in the past (I recently created a new account so I experienced some issues with Google Pay and Revolut; don't attempt too many failed top-ups or your account will get locked lol). Alternatively you can top up your Revolut account with your Credit Card (Master/Visa) and then from Revolut transfer that money to 1Fichier as a free inner-european bank transfer :)

US-Residents are supported with Revolut.

https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/verifying-identity/what-countries-are-supported/

• I think you can use transferwise, I paid a year of storage plan with transferwise when I could use it.

• Great suggestion. Thanks a lot. I think that might solve a lot of problems for me. I never thought there would be a way for a US resident to get a UK IBAN.

@Ympker said:
    You could create a free Revolut account...

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MTUser2012 said:
    Great suggestion. Thanks a lot. I think that might solve a lot of problems for me. I never thought there would be a way for a US resident to get a UK IBAN.

@Ympker said:

Glad I could help you out :)

• @Ympker said:
    You could create a free Revolut account (you will get a UK IBAN) and can then top it up with Google Pay (through PayPal if you link Google Pay to your PayPal) which currently does not work for me but did in the past (I recently created a new account so I experienced some issues with Google Pay and Revolut; don't attempt too many failed top-ups or your account will get locked lol). Alternatively you can top up your Revolut account with your Credit Card (Master/Visa) and then from Revolut transfer that money to 1Fichier as a free inner-european bank transfer :)

US-Residents are supported with Revolut.

https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/verifying-identity/what-countries-are-supported/

Just done this myself, lucky Revolut has a reverse option for IBAN transfers because I forgot to add the reference ID like it says to in red bold on the site :P

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Sad. I just signed up. I am #6282 on a waiting list in the US. "Unprecedented demand" apparently. Revolut says it will notify me when I get to the top of the list. Still a great idea though.

@Ympker said:

@MTUser2012 said:
    Great suggestion. Thanks a lot. I think that might solve a lot of problems for me. I never thought there would be a way for a US resident to get a UK IBAN.

@Ympker said:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2019

@MTUser2012 said:
    Sad. I just signed up. I am #6282 on a waiting list in the US. "Unprecedented demand" apparently. Revolut says it will notify me when I get to the top of the list. Still a great idea though.

@Ympker said:

@MTUser2012 said:

@Ympker said:

Ouch. Well, that sux. Hope you'll quickly get your account opened. Anyway, don't treat Revolut like a bank and don't deposit more money than necessary there. I mainly use it just to process payments through them. If you have lots of money on there and get your account suddenly locked like mine recently (and lots of other people who got theirs locked randomly) you'll have a bad time trying to make their live chat unlock it.

• Great to know. Thanks again for your help and advice.

@Ympker said:

Ouch. Well, that sux. Hope you'll quickly get your account opened. Anyway, don't treat Revolut like a bank and don't deposit more money than necessary there. I mainly use it just to process payments through them. If you have lots of money on there and get your account suddenly locked like mine recently (and lots of other people who got theirs locked randomly) you'll have a bad time trying to make their live chat unlock it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • KerberosKerberos Member
    edited December 2019

I was literally about to post this same question. I wanted to pick up the yearly sub for 15Euros. Only options are Bank Transfer, PayPal (at double the price), Crypto and PaySafe. Seemed a little limited to me. @MTUser2012 do you have the PaySafe card option? Those can be bought online using a Credit Card. (Might only be a Canadian option.)

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • nickwarenickware Member
    edited December 2019

You can use Square's cash app with any smartphone to buy Bitcoin. It's very easy to use. Just search in the Google/Apple app store for cash app.

Thanked by 1MTUser2012
  • One of the posters referred to transferwise. When I started to sign up for the storage plan they provide all the info to do the bank transfer and referenced transferwise. I signed up, and started the process, but it is going to be a land war in Asia (time). So I haven't completed it yet. However, it did seem reasonable, $17.99 I think to pay 15 euros.

@Kerberos said:
    I was literally about to post this same question. I wanted to pick up the yearly sub for 15Euros. Only options are Bank Transfer, PayPal (at double the price), Crypto and PaySafe. Seemed a little limited to me. @MTUser2012 do you have the PaySafe card option? Those can be bought online using a Credit Card. (Might only be a Canadian option.)

• Thanks. I will have a look at it. I don't use Square, because I have merchant accounts that provide better rates, but this sounds like it would work too.

@nickware said:
    You can use Square's cash app with any smartphone to buy Bitcoin. It's very easy to use. Just search in the Google/Apple app store for cash app.

Thanked by 1nickware