Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack AMD Phenom 840 @ 2.8 GHz, 16GB, 2TB, 20TB/1Gbit port - $39
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack AMD Phenom 840 @ 2.8 GHz, 16GB, 2TB, 20TB/1Gbit port - $39

Seems Datashack has revised their Dedi offerings.. comes with Double ram and bigger hard drive..

https://www.datashack.net/dedicated/

AMD Phenom 840 (or better) (4 cores/4 threads)
16GB DDR3 RAM
2TB SATA Hard Drive
20TB Transfer on 1Gbit Port
Any Linux Distribution
Free DirectAdmin for Linux
5 Usable IPv4 IP addresses
/64 IPv6 Address Space
Unmanaged

$0 Setup / $39 per month
$0 Setup / $195 per 6 months
$0 Setup / $390 per year

ORDER HERE!

Phenom II 1045 Sex Core (6 physical cores)
16GB DDR3 RAM
2TB Hard Drive
20TB Transfer on 1Gbit Port
Any Linux Distribution
Free DirectAdmin for Linux
5 Usable IPv4 IP addresses
/64 IPv6 Address Space
Unmanaged

$0 Setup / $49 per month
$0 Setup / $245 per 6 months
$0 Setup / $490 per year

ORDER HERE!

Tempting but I did not get one.. too many Dedi's at the moment.

Comments

• Phenom II 1045 Sex Core (6 physical cores)

Quite tempting

Thanked by 1earl
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@ultimatehostings said:

Quite tempting

$49/m for sex is a pretty good deal.

Thanked by 2earl connercg
  • @ultimatehostings said:

>

Quite tempting

Which part the SEX or the core.. lol,

If you go with WII they are offering "free love" with all their dedicated servers! something to think about.

• @jarland said:
    $49/m for sex is a pretty good deal.

but it's only 6 physical cores.. sure it's enough for you?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@earl said:
    but it's only 6 physical cores.. sure it's enough for you?

When one isn't putting out enough you can always switch to one of the other 5.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@jarland said:
    When one isn't putting out enough you can always switch to one of the other 5.

Lol! well I got too many sex cores this month, you can say I got VD!! (volumedrive that is)

Thanked by 1jar
  • pricing/spec wise is very tempting but i already got enough dedicated in kansas.

Thanked by 1earl
  • Also worth noting the $35/mo dedi has dropped to $29/mo and it looks like they've doubled the bandwidth?

Thanked by 1earl
  • @johnlth93 said:
    pricing/spec wise is very tempting but i already got enough dedicated in kansas.

Well it does not look like to be a special.. probably an everyday pricing by the looks of it, normally specials would not be posted on their webpage.

• @ihatetonyy said:
    Also worth noting the $35/mo dedi has dropped to $29/mo and it looks like they've doubled the bandwidth?

Yup! they lowered it a while back.. good thing about this is, it has iLO included, but the opteron 2210 from WII comes with cheaper addon for memory and bigger drives for the same price, but no IPMI

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited November 2013

ihatetonyy said: the $35/mo dedi has dropped to $29/mo

And if you pay for 6 months it's only $24/mo then. (18 EUR)

Thanked by 2earl ihatetonyy
  • earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

Yes, that's the other thing with WII/DS if you prepay for at least 6 months, they only charge you for 5 month..

• My friend bought one. He said the sex wasn't too great. Should try another brothel. :)

Thanked by 1earl
  • What about OS reloads? are they free?

• @Drukpa said:
    My friend bought one. He said the sex wasn't too great. Should try another brothel. :)

By computer standards the 1045 is an old lady! I take it your friend is not into doing grandmas, hence the less than pleasurable experience..;)

• @joelgm said:
    What about OS reloads? are they free?

Yes, you get one a month.. or if available they can hook you up to a KVMoIP so you can re-install yourself..

Thanked by 1Droidzone
  • @earl said:
    Yes, you get one a month.. or if available they can hook you up to a KVMoIP so you can re-install yourself..

If available?

• @joelgm said:

KVM is not dedicated to you. So if you need it, you send a ticket to borrow one. If one available (i.e. not used by other customers), it will be provided to you. Once finished you should update them so they can turn off the KVM and make it available for other customers.

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@joelgm said:

Well they probably only have a few KVMoIP so everyone has to take a turn, depending on the demand it could be a long wait, I think one time they told me it was two weeks..

I did get lucky once, and they hooked me up right away, not sure if it has to do with the fact that I requested it at 3AM Kansas time.

--just to add, the KVMoIP works really good compared to some of the DRAC, iLO I have used. It's a lantronix.

• We do have a limited number of free OS reloads. Initial temporary KVM access is available if you want to install your own OS.
    You may want to look into the Dual Xeon 5xxx series which feature IMPI if you’re looking for that kind of access to reload your server many times:
    https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=173
    https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=211
    https://www.datashack.net/cart/?id=226
    Thanks,
    Datashack.net Sales

Thanks, @earl @DalComp

Do they have Rescue boot? At the moment, my online.net server has IDRAC and Rescue boot. Since I tend to mess up my system configuration, I try to get servers where I can reload without limits.

2 weeks sounds like a long wait, lol.

Thanked by 1earl
  • earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@joelgm

No unfortunately they don't have an automated system for re-loading the OS or rescue mode. Honestly if you are use to OVH, online.net, client portal then you've pretty much been spoiled as their automated system works great!

Also just to let you know that most of WII/DS Xeon offerings come with IPMI included, so you can inquire about that. The Xeon 5420 while the BMC was limited in features the virtual media worked really good.. or you can just install proxmox, which is what I do..

• Certainly it depends on requests from other customers. My longest wait was about 4 hours. One time they setup KVM when I kinda tired of waiting and left for a nap. When I woke up they were already asking if I'm done with the KVM.

• @DalComp said:
    Certainly it depends on requests from other customers. My longest wait was about 4 hours. One time they setup KVM when I kinda tired of waiting and left for a nap. When I woke up they were already asking if I'm done with the KVM.

4 hours is not so bad..maybe it depends on the server you get?

when I requested the KVMoIP I think I had the C2Q grab bag servers and it really feels like they want to limit support for that line of server.. I've noticed their tech support to be kinda grumpy as of late!

• @earl said:
    4 hours is not so bad..maybe it depends on the server you get?

Possibly. Mine is the famous sex core.

Thanked by 1earl
  • johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited November 2013

@earl said:

Yea but the price is still tempting don't you think?

i do got the opteron 2210 from WII

no IPMI but KVMoIP on request

a bit inconvenient but again, for the price.

@joelgm said:
    What about OS reloads? are they free?

For WII is free 1 reload/month and $25/OS reload after that.

• Haven't used them for a fair while now. What is the network like?

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@johnlth93 said:
    Yea but the price is still tempting don't you think?

Yes it's definitely an attractive price point.. considering it's server grade hardware with ECC ram and SAS, but I think the 2210 that you have from WII is a better deal, comes with more drives and add-on for another 4GB of ram is just $5.

Honestly the iLO on the DS 2216 which is a HP BL456-c is not all that great, was really slow, needed frequent reboots and virtual media was finicky.

There was a big thread about this server a while back, a bunch of us from LET bought it and played around with it, fun at the time..

If you can do with 1 IP the OVH i3 deal was much better IMO.

• @earl said:

I though you can have ip failover with OVH, no?

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

@johnlth93 said:
    I though you can have ip failover with OVH, no?

Not for the i3 @ $29/mo special. Only 1 ipv4 and no failover, but does have /64 of ipv6 even thought the ad states /128

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15450/ovh-ca-limited-edition-i3-3-4ghz-8gb-ram-2-tb-sata2-29-mo#latest