Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cyberpanel - OpenLiteSpeed stops itself
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cyberpanel - OpenLiteSpeed stops itself

I have installed Cyberpanel on one of my VPS. I am facing a very weird problem with OpenLiteSpeed/Cyberpanel.
Sometimes my website becomes inaccessible and I need to reboot the VPS. I am not sure what's going on? Here is my vhost.conf data.

type lsapi
address UDS://tmp/lshttpd/polibol.sock
maxConns 150
env LSAPI_CHILDREN=150
initTimeout 600
retryTimeout 0
persistConn 1
pcKeepAliveTimeout 1
respBuffer 0
autoStart 1
path /usr/local/lsws/lsphp73/bin/lsphp
memSoftLimit 2047M
memHardLimit 2047M
procSoftLimit 400
procHardLimit 500

Comments

• whats your vps specs

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

What version of openlitespeed are you running? @pkr

• @Jord said:

LiteSpeed/1.5.8 Open

• pkrpkr Member
    edited December 2019

@cybertech said:
    whats your vps specs

@cybertech said:
    whats your vps specs

1vCPU (Gold 6140), 2gb RAM, 25gb SSD. I host only images on this server, no db/php/js.
    I was running VestaCP with Nginx+Php-FPM. In my testing, I found that Openlitespeed is way faster than Nginx, so I install Cyberpanel. The problem is not very frequent, but it happens 2-3 times in a week.

@pkr said:

@Jord said:

LiteSpeed/1.5.8 Open

Try upgrading too 1.6.2, there have been some improvements. That is if you can via Cyberpanel.

Have cyberpanel fixed all their security issues yet?

• Try upgrading too 1.6.2, there have been some improvements. That is if you can via Cyberpanel.

They had mentioned that many have been fixed in v1.19.
    Do not see any option to update Litespeed from CyberPanel. I tried yum, but it did not find the latest one.

@pkr said:

Try upgrading too 1.6.2, there have been some improvements. That is if you can via Cyberpanel.

They had mentioned that many have been fixed in v1.19.
    Do not see any option to update Litespeed from CyberPanel. I tried yum, but it did not find the latest one.

Looks like OLS 1.6 hasn't been marked as stable yet, that is why you can't upgrade to it at the moment.

• @pkr open a ticket with the OLS team and they will have a look for you.

• anything in error.log?

• @webdev said:
    anything in error.log?

There was nothing in the error log. It was empty.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited December 2019

@pkr said:

@cybertech said:
    whats your vps specs

@cybertech said:
    whats your vps specs

1vCPU (Gold 6140), 2gb RAM, 25gb SSD. I host only images on this server, no db/php/js.
    I was running VestaCP with Nginx+Php-FPM. In my testing, I found that Openlitespeed is way faster than Nginx, so I install Cyberpanel. The problem is not very frequent, but it happens 2-3 times in a week.

That's odd. Have been on Cyberpanel/OLS for close to a year and the only time where it was unresponsive was when ram wasn't enough.

• Binary install can upgrade you to 1.6.x versions of OpenLiteSpeed https://openlitespeed.org/kb/install-from-binary/

• I added more horsepower to my vps and went back to Nginx.