Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unrealistic request
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unrealistic request

I have an unreasonable and unrealistic request, I hope someone can accept this stupid but 100% serious challenge.

You basically need to match my 2TB SYS ARM dedi, but it can be a VPS and doesn't need to be dedicated.

Here's the request:

KVM or dedi
2 CPU (cores, threads, vCPU, potatoes)
2GB RAM
2TB HDD (I'm fine with block storage/SAN)
250mbit unlimited (can be 100 unlimited for all I care, shit 10TB would probably even be too much)
Located preferably in OVH Canada, second choice OVH anywhere else.

$5.99 USD per month (not interested in yearly)

Thanks for your time and have a good day!

Thanked by 2uptime priest
Needs a poll..
  1. Where do you get inferior potassium?33 votes
    1. USA
      33.33%
    2. Kazakhstan
      66.67%

Comments

• Why do you want to move out? It sounds like a great deal :0

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • RecDRecD Member
    edited December 2019

Hi,
    We can do it for $6.00.
    However it will locate in Your Dream rather than OVH.
    If you are interesting in this offer, please do not pm me, just go to your bed. Thanks

Edit: I remember there was one time that KS dedi was that price... (but you have to pay setup fee).

Edit2: The KS-3 flash sales threads here and here, however, it's 5.99€ a little bit over the budget.

Thanked by 2TimboJones bdl
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@RecD said:
    If you are interesting in this offer, please do not pm me, just go to your bed. Thanks

"We are serious buyer please do not waste our time!" :smiley:

@dahartigan - y tho OVH, is that a hard requirement?

You are of course already aware of teh usual suspects offering other locations: letbox, hosthatch, wishosting

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

I have yet to see this one on the wishosting "deal of the day" page but maybe check with @exception0x876

KVM Storage CA
    Starting at $9.99
    1 vCPU core Xeon D-1520
    Unlimited CPU core 2.4GHz
    1GB RAM
    1800GB HDD RAID-5
    Linux/Windows OS
    Bandwidth 500Mbps
    Unmetered Traffic
    1 IPv4
    DDoS protection
    Location - Canada

• Plase dm me if one can do this in NOT ovh but usa.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2019

RecD said: Hi,
    We can do it for $6.00.

Sorry, he said $5.99.

• @muffin said:
    Why do you want to move out? It sounds like a great deal :0

Don't want to move out, I would just like to run Proxmox and some LXCs.

@uptime said:

@RecD said:

"We are serious buyer please do not waste our time!" :smiley:

@dahartigan - y tho OVH, is that a hard requirement?

You are of course already aware of teh usual suspects offering other locations: letbox, hosthatch, wishosting

I'll put it very bluntly, OVH haven't seemed to notice/care if I download a few torrents.

Thanks for your replies so far guys :-)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Learning from @FAT32 we should all aspire for or ask for something unrealistic impractical that seems unbelievably ridiculous, but sometimes providers do give in or come close.
    Should plan out my wish as well.

Thanked by 3dahartigan FAT32 uptime
  • @dahartigan said:

@muffin said:

Can’t you just run it on your current dedi?

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @muffin said:

@dahartigan said:

@muffin said:

Can’t you just run it on your current dedi?

If the dedi wasn't an ARM chip sure :-)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@vyas11 said:
    Learning from FAT32 we should all aspire for or ask for something unrealistic impractical that seems unbelievably ridiculous, but sometimes providers do give in or come close.

Did someone mentioned deals? :)

It is fun but sometimes have to take into consideration providers lives matter. #ProvidersLivesMatter

• @FAT32 said:

@vyas11 said:
    Learning from FAT32 we should all aspire for or ask for something unrealistic impractical that seems unbelievably ridiculous, but sometimes providers do give in or come close.

It is fun but sometimes have to take into consideration providers lives matter. #ProvidersLivesMatter

I like that hashtag.

Thanked by 2dahartigan FAT32
  • In case OP does get it, I'm in queue also

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • @FAT32 said:

Provider's don't need to each much, as long as they eat enough to stay awake 23 hours a day to deal with support requests.

I'm sure they will be fine with a 15p bag of crisps each month bought with the profit of a sale on LET.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan - good luck with your budget and all that - it seems like a long shot to me but never say never I guess? While I am rooting for you to score a Christmas miracle deal with some promotional (if not entirely sustainable) price :) ... it does occur to me that holding out for a deal on a cheap Kimsufi might be your best bet in the long run - given the perhaps unique suitability of OVH for your use case (lol)

$15 or $20 per month is a multiple of that $5.99/m budget but I think possibly better value if you (sooner or later) can snag something like (for example) the flash sale KS-10 (i5-2300 - 16GB DDR3 1333 MHz - 2To SATA) in BHS that caught my eye maybe a year or 2 ago. (I got it for $14.99/m plus about the same one-time setup fee, and have been enjoying doing a modest amount of i/o and CPU work on it daily ever since).

Though I imagine the 100 mbits vs 250 mbits port speed (etc network quality for kimsufi vs SYS) might make a significant difference for you? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

my short list of VPS providers offering BHS locations are extraVM, Lunanode, and wishosting - all excellent value but none really in your requested budget or even all that suitable for your specific use case IMO.

Maybe OVH cloud would scratch that itch for on-demand containers without adding too much to your budgie?

Anyway - looking for let's say more lassez-faire but perhaps less established OVH resellers sounds like good clean lowend fun but also can add an amortized uncertainty premium ... I guess it all comes out in the wash, but personally I would be most optimistic about possible (eventual) flash sale allowing upgrade to another SYS deal that supports your virtualization needs.

tl;dr: good luck and happy hunting!

Thanked by 3vyas11 dahartigan Alfie
  • @uptime as always good sir, thank you :-)

I know this is a stupid longshot, but if it plays out and there's no deal to be had, I just keeps me ARM dedi and pays me 5.99 a month and yar yar yarrr she blows matey.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@dahartigan said:
    @uptime as always good sir, thank you :-)

I know this is a stupid longshot, but if it plays out and there's no deal to be had, I just keeps me ARM dedi and pays me 5.99 a month and yar yar yarrr she blows matey.

@dahartigan just got @uptime 'd . Contrary to what the statement might seem to most, this is not a game of one upman/upwomanupship*. If you get Uptimed, you have received perspectives and insights that would escape the majority of folks. And that is a good thing :-)

Thanked by 2uptime dahartigan
  • Online.net is offering those specs for 7$/month for a dedi.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Went with a kimsufi 2tb atom in France, 4 cores with 4gb of ram on unlimited 100mbit works just fine for me. Now the dilemma: idle both or transfer out the sys? :-)

Thanked by 2uptime Janevski