Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Experince
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Experince

hi anyone had experience with hetzner servers (performace,Network,Servers,Support)

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Hetzner is prem, Great support, good hardware. Network is good within Europe.

Thanked by 1dragon1993
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2019

Good performance for the price, so there's no issues on that area.
    Good network for EU, average for Russia and Middle East, beyond shit for USA and Asia.
    Support is great, because you may even get help to problems inside your OS.

This fixed my problems with Proxmox becoming unreachable at times. (I actually asked advice from their support, and got a solution instantly)

Bonus points for customizion/hardware upgrade options that can be ordered to your current configuration via tickets.

Only thing I hate would be the constant German BSI abuse spam about NTP/RDP/etc, and the fact if I get DDoS attacked I must submit some report to hetzner or they will suspend my server. Imagine getting attacked 10 times per day and having to submit 10 reports per day.

Because of the above I rate the provider only 5/10 which is slightly above ColoCrossing on my mind (Yes, you guys are that bad @Hetzner_OL) as I couldn't imagine myself ever hosting any gameservers on you. What if I happened to be away or missed the email? They would delete the server after someone attacked it.

Therefore, not recommended.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@stefeman I have had attacks on Hetzner since I moved all of my game servers off of OVH in Europe, never had any issues or emails about it. Is this some type of reflection?

edited December 2019

@MikeA said:
    @stefeman I have had attacks on Hetzner since I moved all of my game servers off of OVH in Europe, never had any issues or emails about it. Is this some type of reflection?

Its usually some new TCP methods that causes false positives on Hetzner anti-ddos cause the server is responding to the attack by sending packets back to the tens of tons of spoofed addresses. my OVH server gets hate too from same people and likely the same attacks but I never had problems with them.

edited December 2019

tl:dr it detects some incoming TCP attacks as outgoing ones:

Abuse Message [AbuseID:XXXXXX:XX]: AttackOutLevel: OUT Attack notification for IP 95.xxx.xxx.xxx (Router: hel1-dc1-juniper4)

And requires my input/explanation for each of them. Annoying as fuck.

Raw data here: https://pastebin.com/raw/xJxuU8ie all those IPs are likely spoofed as they were the attack source against my server which it responded to.

• @stefeman What do you consider bad network to Asia and USA?

• @poisson said:
    @stefeman What do you consider bad network to Asia and USA?

Try streaming from Hetzner Plex server without Cloudflare to Australia/Japan as youre aboard and you know instantly :P It doesent matter even if you have best possible net available from local provider.

• @stefeman said:

@MikeA said:

Its usually some new TCP methods that causes false positives on Hetzner anti-ddos cause the server is responding to the attack by sending packets back to the tens of tons of spoofed addresses. my OVH server gets hate too from same people and likely the same attacks but I never had problems with them.

Got one of these emails today, but the email says i don't have to reply to it.

It is not required that you reply to either us or the BSI.

• @poisson said:
    @stefeman What do you consider bad network to Asia and USA?

latency is ok to Asia, (getting around 150-180). but as @stefeman said, streaming (like plex), p2p sucks, constant buffering and slow speeds.

• @roshan91 said:

@stefeman said:

@MikeA said:

Got one of these emails today, but the email says i don't have to reply to it.

It is not required that you reply to either us or the BSI.

That's just BSI spam mail, I ignore them too.

Attack mail is different all together. It can detect AttackIn as AttackOut, and thats when you have to reply every time. Its annoying.

Thanked by 1donko