Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with /28 or /29
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with /28 or /29

CFarenceCFarence Member
edited December 2019 in Requests

I've been browsing around and couldn't really find anything recent so I'm making a request post. As the title says I'm looking for a VPS that I can attach a /28 or at the very least a /29 ipv4 subnet to.

I currently have a dedicated server with a /28 but I'm not very happy with the disk performance so I can't run many VMs on it. So what I've been really using it for is the IPs, I have a pfSense VM that I use to pass traffic between it and my home lab. Though for the price I'm paying for the server I would like to have it at-least run a few VMs on it before disk latency gets crazy high.

Since the VPS will be used just a router it doesn't need that high of specs. I've listed base specs I think it will need for this setup. Pricing a little flexible, but I'm not exactly sure what this kind of request will end up being. I will say I'm not afraid to do quarterly or even yearly billing if that helps bring the price down and the provider is known to be good.

I do host a few VMs for friends, I like'd being able to give them a dedicated IP and not have to worry about port forwarding or proxying things for them. I also have some DNS servers and some services that don't play too nicely being proxies so that's why I prefer the /28 as it would match what I have now.

Is anyone able to help me out with this request?

Edit:

Comments

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited December 2019

What's the location requirement? I've used a few BuyVM boxes for GRE tunnels and it's pretty nice, since it's unmetered bandwidth too (though I don't use that much, admittedly...)

• @Boltersdriveer said:
    What's the location requirement? I've used a few BuyVM boxes for GRE tunnels and it's pretty nice, since it's unmetered bandwidth too (though I don't use that much, admittedly...)

Edited the post to include location.

I prefer US, I've used BuyVM before for GRE tunnels and it was pretty nice. Though if I recall correctly they only do single IPs.

• @CFarence said:

@Boltersdriveer said:

Edited the post to include location.

I prefer US, I've used BuyVM before for GRE tunnels and it was pretty nice. Though if I recall correctly they only do single IPs.

With current Ip Shortage, assigning subnet is just a waste of 2 good ip :(

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

CFarence said: I prefer US, I've used BuyVM before for GRE tunnels and it was pretty nice. Though if I recall correctly they only do single IPs.

You can attach all you want if you pay the $2/IP/month price.

Francisco

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @Francisco said:

CFarence said: I prefer US, I've used BuyVM before for GRE tunnels and it was pretty nice. Though if I recall correctly they only do single IPs.

You can attach all you want if you pay the $2/IP/month price.

Francisco

My bad, I guess I did not recall correctly

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

CFarence said: Is anyone able to help me out with this request?

I've been using OVH BHS to do just this. However, I just picked up a new VM in OVH VA, Vint Hill which may cut down on latency a tad. (I'm in Boston)

It's tough to beat the 16 IP's with no monthly fee's. Vint hill is just $36/year
    The only downside is the 100mbps limit but I've been okay with it.

• @Cam said:

CFarence said: Is anyone able to help me out with this request?

I've been using OVH BHS to do just this. However, I just picked up a new VM in OVH VA, Vint Hill which may cut down on latency a tad. (I'm in Boston)

It's tough to beat the 16 IP's with no monthly fee's. Vint hill is just $36/year
    The only downside is the 100mbps limit but I've been okay with it.

I looked at OVH but didn't fully understand IP addressing. I wouldn't be opposed to OVH, I don't see the OVH VA though on their site though.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@CFarence said:

I looked at OVH but didn't fully understand IP addressing. I wouldn't be opposed to OVH, I don't see the OVH VA though on their site though.

Ooo, Just logged in to check it out. Looks like their additional IP's don't apply to VA. That's a bummer.

Their "failover" IP's are just additional IP's.

Heres the link if you still want it,
    https://us.ovhcloud.com/products/vps

Either way, I've still had a good experience with BHS has it's somewhat ~nearby~

• freerangecloudfreerangecloud Member, Patron Provider

We can do routed subnets to our VPS' in Ashburn and Fremont.

/29 would run $8
    /28 would run $14

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@freerangecloud said:
    We can do routed subnets to our VPS' in Ashburn and Fremont.

/29 would run $8
    /28 would run $14

cheep cheep cheep

Thanked by 2gazmull pr0lz
  • go with subnetlab resource pools where they provide good no. of ips.

• @seenu said:
    go with subnetlab resource pools where they provide good no. of ips.

It's OVZ6 and while they said they'd upgrade to OVZ7, I doubt it will happen. Nothing progressed in last two years and they don't even advertise their NVMe after their beta launch. So I no longer recommend them for production use due lack of visible trying.

A few months back, firewalld started failing on a VDR due to limited openvz kernel permissions. I waited two months for possible OVZ7 upgrade, but moved it to Virmach KVM when we got to December and still no announcement.

OVZ6 is just so old and limited.