Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn off VNC in Virtualizor panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Turn off VNC in Virtualizor panel?

In SolusVM you can turn off VNC, one of my VPS using Virtualizor, and I can't find it.

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2019

Are you a client or an Admin? Because you said your VPS..

I mean do you want to disable NoVNC of your all VPS hosted on a dedicated server using virtualizor?

Or you bought a vps from a provider who use virtualizor and you want to disable NoVNC on that particular vps?

• webdevwebdev Member
    edited December 2019

ViridWeb said: you bought a vps from a provider who use virtualizor and you want to disable NoVNC on that particular vps

This, is it possible?

• If you’re the admin you can turn off NoVNC for individual VPSes, if you’re the client you’ll probably have to put in a ticket.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @webdev said:

ViridWeb said: you bought a vps from a provider who use virtualizor and you want to disable NoVNC on that particular vps

This, is it possible?

Open a ticket with your provider. They will be able to disable without any issue.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Thanks, is it safe just leave it open?

• @webdev said:
    Thanks, is it safe just leave it open?

Yeah.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited December 2019

On the end user control go to VPS Configuration" & uncheck the "VNC" option https://imgur.com/a/D2IaQwM

The admin can do it from "Edit Virtual Server" configuration option

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @Shoaib_A said:
    On the end user control go to VPS Configuration" & uncheck the "VNC" option https://imgur.com/a/D2IaQwM

Thanks, mine does not have VNC option. can't add ISO either. guess I have to open a ticket then.

• Open a ticket :-)

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@webdev said:

@Shoaib_A said:

Thanks, mine does not have VNC option. can't add ISO either. guess I have to open a ticket then.

Because you are not the Admin. You are just a client so you don't have the authorization.

Open a support ticket and ask them to turn it off for you.

BTW, NoVNC is safe even if it's remain open.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2019

@ViridWeb said:

noVNC is just a web application which connects to a VNC server.
    I do not understand, why its still default on SolusVM and Virtualizor, that every VPS has a running VNC session.

Yea, its password protected, but still why? its an additional security risk.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2019

@Neoon said:

@ViridWeb said:

I do not understand, why its still default on SolusVM and Virtualizor, that every VPS has a running VNC session.

Well, I at least find the availability of noVNC by default on SolusVM and Virtualizor very useful.

And the customer can turn VNC off in both SolusVM and Virtualizor unless the provider has removed this option (which the provider really shouldn't remove).

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@ViridWeb said:

Well, I at least find the availability of noVNC by default on SolusVM and Virtualizor very useful.

And the customer can turn VNC off in both SolusVM and Virtualizor unless the provider has removed this option (which the provider really shouldn't remove).

No question, noVNC is premium, noVNC was never the issue, its just a service which connects to a VNC server and displays the content via webbrowser....

The point was, that VNC session is by default on every fucking SolusVM/Virtualizor VPS.

• @Neoon said: The point was, that VNC session is by default on every fucking SolusVM/Virtualizor VPS.

Yeah, I understand, but I could easily imagine all of the tickets "Why doesn't VNC work?!" that providers would have to deal with if VNS were off by default.

It's a trade-off: much more convenient if VNC is on by default versus a potentially greater attack surface if VNC is on by default.

@angstrom said:

@Neoon said: The point was, that VNC session is by default on every fucking SolusVM/Virtualizor VPS.

Yeah, I understand, but I could easily imagine all of the tickets "Why doesn't VNC work?!" that providers would have to deal with if VNS were off by default.

Well, for example, Proxmox does start VNC on demand.
    If none uses VNC, the server is not running, also the Password is different every time, instead of the default one.

The user notices no difference, would be nice to see this integrated into SolusVM/Virtualizor.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited December 2019

@webdev said:

@Shoaib_A said:

Each provider has his own policies but generally speaking giving user the option to manage VNC & upload custom ISO doesn't hurt at all but in your case you will have to open a ticket with your provider