Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle Email Delivery vs Amazon SES
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oracle Email Delivery vs Amazon SES

WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Does anyone had experience with Oracle Email Delivery services?

Any pros or cons? Apart of cost Oracle cost for 100k emails is $9 and Amazon is $10.

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Mailgun FTW it's prem.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Jord said:
    Mailgun FTW it's prem.

We currently using Amazon SES and it’s the best so far, just wanted to know if anyone experienced the Oracle. I personally can see great alternative to SES.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@WebProject said:

@Jord said:
    Mailgun FTW it's prem.

We currently using Amazon SES and it’s the best so far, just wanted to know if anyone experienced the Oracle. I personally can see great alternative to SES.

No, I got a boatload of free credits on Mailgun so I use that. It's been good for us. But I've heard good things about SES anyway.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • tetechtetech Member
    edited December 2019

I have users in Fortune 500 (or more like DJIA) companies and delivering to some of them has been a pain. SES has been the most reliable without paying for dedicated IP. We basically went Mailgun < Sendgrid < SES. But to the original question, this is what Oracle acquired from Dyn, so you can probably also search for Dyn reviews.

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited December 2019

Personally just switched over from MailChannels to SES, no complaints so far. Free SES vs paid MC :)

EDIT: Near enough free.... $0.10 per 1000 sent emails. I've managed to conjure 1259 emails in the past 3 years or so of using my own hosted emails so I think I can afford it... maybe. My only issue is the 10MB attachment limit :(

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • IonSwitch_StanIonSwitch_Stan Member, Host Rep

I can't speak for Oracle directly -- but I have worked with customers that have used almost every other major tool. I would absolutely never suggest an Oracle product to solve a problem unless there is a technical reason to. Oracle has a horrible reputation for increasing pricing (See Oracle on Amazon), changing licensing terms (See Java), and leaving a horrible taste in anyones mouth who has used them.

If you do ever select an Oracle product, ensure you have mobility to an alternative, and don't become forced to purchase their product.

X-Sun Customer, X-DynDNS Customer, X-Java user (now using OpenJDK), X-Apiary user, X-Ravello Customer, X-Xsigo customer, X-ksplice user.....

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@IonSwitch_Stan said:
    I can't speak for Oracle directly -- but I have worked with customers that have used almost every other major tool. I would absolutely never suggest an Oracle product to solve a problem unless there is a technical reason to. Oracle has a horrible reputation for increasing pricing (See Oracle on Amazon), changing licensing terms (See Java), and leaving a horrible taste in anyones mouth who has used them.

If you do ever select an Oracle product, ensure you have mobility to an alternative, and don't become forced to purchase their product.

X-Sun Customer, X-DynDNS Customer, X-Java user (now using OpenJDK), X-Apiary user, X-Ravello Customer, X-Xsigo customer, X-ksplice user.....

Thank you for detailed information.

I personally tried the Oracle account/control panel and finding very slow and complicated way to manage service = no thanks! Basic account support scored in my opinion 2 starts out of 5, very rude I can say, just copying and pasting specific text probably due to high targets per operator.

• They did acquire Dyn, but told the customers to shift to Oracle Email Delivery (which doesn't have that many good reviews, compared to SES etc.), so I would suggest going for SES or something like that.

• +1 for Amazon SES

• @tester4 said:
    Personally just switched over from MailChannels to SES, no complaints so far. Free SES vs paid MC :)

EDIT: Near enough free.... $0.10 per 1000 sent emails. I've managed to conjure 1259 emails in the past 3 years or so of using my own hosted emails so I think I can afford it... maybe. My only issue is the 10MB attachment limit :(

I usually upload bigger stuff to gdrive/ONE and put the link into the mail. For personal mail probably viable but business related is another story I guess 😅