Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DO, Vultr down in Singapore?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DO, Vultr down in Singapore?

Not able to access control panel of DO and Vultr from India.
Also, traffic from DO to Vultr and vice versa are also being blocked on some VMs.
Vultr is showing 502 from Cloudflare, and DO is showing 'some problem with your request' or something. But it's not a cloudflare page. Probably some inhouse anti-DDOS thing.
Not checked the others.
I am able to access the control panel using VPN from non Asia locations.

Comments

• Have you tried turning it off, waiting 24 hours and turning it back on?

Thanked by 1DP
  • webclouddevwebclouddev Member
    edited December 2019

Working fine her in delhi just logged in my vultr dashboard

Edit - on side note just checked CF status page they indeed had issue

• Actually the problems with my VM were entirely due to sshguard, which I wasn't even aware was installed. Removed it. I think it had very aggressive default settings and had blocked the vultr instance. I think the DDOS on their main website was just a coincidence. Didn't affect client machines, I think.

• @elos42 said:
    Actually the problems with my VM were entirely due to sshguard, which I wasn't even aware was installed. Removed it. I think it had very aggressive default settings and had blocked the vultr instance. I think the DDOS on their main website was just a coincidence. Didn't affect client machines, I think.

You really should just leave SSHGUARD installed. It is protecting from brute-forcing your password. Just know if you try and log in and fail a very few amounts of time it will block your IP.