Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN and Wireguard not working anymore since OVZ7 / Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN and Wireguard not working anymore since OVZ7 / Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues. I can't get these to work properly on the new vpses I have. Starting with OpenVPN. I get a connection and the log status (client and server) says everything is fine but I get no internet connection and cannot ping anything.

Used this to set it up :
https://github.com/angristan/openvpn-install

To rule things out I do plan on downgrading back to Ubuntu 16.04 where everything worked.. however I was on an OVZ6 system back then..

I guess its some config problem at my end.. but I dunno. I opened everything up in iptables and didn't seem to help.. TUN/TAP are enabled.. and im stuck.. since I can't really debug anything with the logs that tell me everything is okay lol.

:(

Comments

• more info : ipv4 forward is 1 and i'm able to ping the internal client from the vps

• bumping. perhaps you guys are too busy with the finalhosting drama to care about this. lol.

• edited December 2019

Tun/tap enabled?

Edit:

You need to enable IPv4 and IPv6 forwarding..

• Hello,

Please provide root access to your server and our technicians will handle your issue. Also, please provide steps to recreate your problem.

Regards,
    LET help desk
    Con Artist, Jr.

• Hold on for ovz8

• Have you try to remove setenv opt block-outside-dns on client config?