Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any interest in Low End Dedicated Server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any interest in Low End Dedicated Server?

DamianDamian Member
edited February 2012 in General

We're replacing some of our older hardware nodes from our shared hosting business.

We were planning on pulling them out of the rack and then selling them on craigslist for a paltry sum, but I figured i'd try offering them to the LEB community, if there's any interest.

These are HP servers. Here's what you'll get:

Dual 3.0ghz or 3.4ghz Xeon HT cpus
4gb ram (we can install more if you want to pay the cost of buying the ram)
2x 147 or 73gb 15k U320 hard drives
access to ILO
potential access to the APC PDU outlet(not sure if I can give user-level access to this)
access to the Cacti graphs

We're not going to offer an SLA on this, however, Adam's about 30 minutes away from the DC and we keep spare parts on hand for most things. You can also reach us via phone 24/7.

IPXcore's AUP/TOS will apply.

I'm thinking about $50 per month or thereabouts, depending on your bandwidth requirements.

Is there any interest in this?

Comments

• Are you guys in the UK and If so what would you accept for these servers?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2012

They're not in the UK.

• Indeed, they'd be shipped from Phoenix, AZ, USA.... I'm thinking that freight would be quite steep for you :)

• What's the CPU type? How much will you charge for addtional 4G or 12G Ram? And data center? How many hours these servers used?
    Thanks.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

you better reconsider that price, those suckers eat 2A easily. Unless you're getting 60A to a rack for free, you'll not do well.

Francisco

• $50 isnt a lowend price realy. Considering OVH are selling them for $22

Thanked by 1tux
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited February 2012

@huluwa: They're HP DL360 G4's. This link on HP's website will tell you way more than you ever wanted to know about them: http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11937_div/11937_div.html

They hold a max of 8gb. 358349-B21 sticks are $28 apiece, so it'll cost you 4x$28=$112 for 8gb.

Datacenter is Phoenix Internet.

I don't know how many hours are on them, near as I can tell, they don't have a counter. If you know how to read an hour counter on them, let me know. We bought them used. To be honest, save for a hard drive dying every now and then, we've had no troubles with them.

We're just looking for better density because, as @Francisco pointed out, they're power hungry, and PI is giving us hell about our request for more power.

• @Damian said: PI is giving us hell about our request for more power.

Why? Every data center I've dealt with has rates in place, and one of my first question, what is one-time and MRC for 20A additional service and max per cabinet.

• Interested? Yes. But the price is too high, Sorry.

• @miTgiB: They're claiming that they're nearing power capacity for the whole building, and are working APS (power company serving them) for more capacity.

Last time we made an inquiry on more power, it was something like an MRC of $200 with $100 installation.

• I am, feel free to PM what the CPU is, bandwidth and amount of IPs. $50 is nice Thanks.

Good deal especially in the U.S. FDCServers is the cheapest I know and they only have Dual Core Atom, 2GB Ram and 10mbps for $45.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited February 2012

Didn't realize this was an offer thread, forgive my hijacking

• @Damian i think this topic deserves a bump for being a good idea ...

• @natestamm offer threads cannot be bumped ...

But again, this can't be an offer thread or it would be against the rules, so I'll move it

• @vedran: Thanks, I wasn't sure how it would be taken by the community, so I put it in Offers. :)