Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET in the news!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET in the news!

BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

Yay! LET is in news! ZDNet has picked up Coloncrossing multibrand scam and written about it.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/20-vps-providers-to-shut-down-on-monday-giving-customers-two-days-to-save-their-data/

Comments

• @BlaZe said:
    Yay! LET is in news! ZDNet has picked up Coloncrossing multibrand scam and written about it.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/20-vps-providers-to-shut-down-on-monday-giving-customers-two-days-to-save-their-data/

I hope someone with research resources finds out who was behind the companies.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Hahaha. But there's a sad part too: someone abused the situation to advertise lowendspirit. Probably they need that.

FWIW I think that we shouldn't come to a conclusion too quickly. Yes maybe this is just yet another scam in the CC universe - but it might also be the other way round, maybe Deluxe being in charge now told CC to stop at least the worst scam operations and that's why all those "providers" were cancelled.

Thanked by 2dahartigan Master_Bo
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

jsg said: but it might also be the other way round, maybe Deluxe being in charge now told CC to stop at least the worst scam operations and that's why all those "providers" were cancelled.

I have a difficult time believing that they would do that, and then not boast about "clearing out the swamp" here on LET.

@joepie91 said:
    I have a difficult time believing that they would do that, and then not boast about "clearing out the swamp" here on LET.

I fully agree, but ...

• we do not yet have sufficient information to exclude anything.
    • Deluxe is a relatively large corporation and those typically don't like visible and open scamming.

So, yes, I agree that it seems unlikely that CC did the right thing for the right reasons but we can't yet exclude it.

• They don't mention deluxe, so I doubt any shits were given by them.

• tgltgl Member
    edited December 2019

@jsg i did not see you over the weekend, I guess you were busy closing websites and reconfiguring servers @CC :)

Its very weird you always have inside information, I guess you and the guys over there worked all weekend to come up with this angle "actually Deluxe told them to stop".

Let me know when you are ready to come out of the closet.

@tgl said:
    @jsg i did not see you over the weekend, I guess you were busy closing websites and reconfiguring servers @CC :)

Yeah right and I'm a vampire too and eating kittens.

(For all others with a brain: no, I never worked at or for CC nor would I ever consider to work for or at CC)

• PHDanPHDan Member
    edited December 2019

jsg said: someone abused the situation to advertise lowendspirit

Yeah, someone named Backtogeek99, I think I've seen that name before, wait a second...

https://imgur.com/mN6n164

Thanked by 1jsg
  • as you would say, I think that we shouldn't come to a conclusion too quickly, so we cannot be sure because there is no proof

it could be you are romantically involved with someone from that company, for example with @CVPS_Chris

I guess its just a coincidence you vanished during this time, probably you were making tests on that Russian vps

• People Who Is here since 4/5 years ago knows Who Is behind this operation, this Is a scheme made some years ago by a person working at CC and that he repeated now with these brands.

Thanked by 2tgl FrankZ
  • yes, we all know @ScienceOnline but @jsg cannot be sure :) if you know what I mean, he is Captain NotSure

anyway, going back to watch TV, c'ya

edited December 2019

@tgl said:
    as you would say, I think that we shouldn't come to a conclusion too quickly, so we cannot be sure because there is no proof

it could be you are romantically involved with someone from that company, for example with @CVPS_Chris

I guess its just a coincidence you vanished during this time, probably you were making tests on that Russian vps

Uhm, sorry to disappoint you but as you stubbornly continue that BS lie: I was here over the weekend. But hey since when would you care about reality or truth?

... but @jsg cannot be sure ...

Wrong again. almost nobody here can be sure.

Btw, although your "thinking" will not be capable of such fine resolution: I did not say that the variant I mentioned (Deluxe pressuring CC to become cleaner) is the correct one and true. I merely mentioned it - but yes, of bloody course mentioning alternative explanation possibilities is verboten and proves CC shilling ...

@PHDan said:

Yeah, someone named Backtogeek99, I think I've seen that name before, wait a second...

It's not exactly a secret that that's Anthony...

Thanked by 2jsg dahartigan

@joepie91 said:
    It's not exactly a secret that that's Anthony...

Thanks, I didn't know that. But I think that no matter what his plot will fail anyway in the long run. Simple reason: It's largely based (as that fake post of him also shows) on bashing others, especially LET (and spamming everywhere).

jsg said: as that fake post of him also shows

Not sure what post is being referred to here.

• @jsg

I suggest you consider coming out of the closet.

The truth shall set you free.

Heading to bed now, good night.

• Slashdot has also linked to the ZDNet article:
    https://tech.slashdot.org/story/19/12/08/1549222/20-low-end-vps-providers-suddenly-shutting-down-in-a-deadpooling-scam

Not a huge number of comments so far, but this news has spread farther than I expected it would!

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited December 2019

Poor thing. Its shelter bridge is collapsing and it's panicking.

• It would be nice if El Reg (theregister.co.uk) would look into this mess. El Reg is pretty good at investigating.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited December 2019

@PHDan said:

Holy irony.