Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosting73, MegaZoneHosting, UMaxHosting, ArkaHosting, BigFootServers & KudoHosting All shutting down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosting73, MegaZoneHosting, UMaxHosting, ArkaHosting, BigFootServers & KudoHosting All shutting down

2»

Comments

• @yoursunny said:

@poisson said:
    This is why The Whitelist exists. We can only do what we can.

I just bought from @HostSlick last week and it's not in the whitelist? Am I in trouble?

You are good. He is good. Don’t leave.

• @dahartigan said:

@yoursunny said:

@poisson said:

I just bought from @HostSlick last week and it's not in the whitelist? Am I in trouble?

@HostSlick are legit, I vouch for them to a degree.

@newfulluser said:

@yoursunny said:

@poisson said:

Last week, you should be able to get a refund from paypal

No, no, no, don't jump to "refund from paypal". Jesus Christmas! This Chinese mentality of jumping into a dispute on a whim has to change or nobody's going to do business with China.

Holy shit..

Oops I thought he said that host was on the dead list, my bad

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @newfulluser said:

@dahartigan said:

@yoursunny said:

@poisson said:

@HostSlick are legit, I vouch for them to a degree.

@newfulluser said:

@yoursunny said:

@poisson said:

Last week, you should be able to get a refund from paypal

No, no, no, don't jump to "refund from paypal". Jesus Christmas! This Chinese mentality of jumping into a dispute on a whim has to change or nobody's going to do business with China.

Holy shit..

Oops I thought he said that host was on the dead list, my bad

Haha all good, I apologize if I was rude.

• I just checked and I still have my @HostSlick mini vps special deal, purring along nicely since earlier this year :-)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2019

@yoursunny said:

@poisson said:

No, you are not and you shouldnt worry.

@dahartigan said:
    I just checked and I still have my @HostSlick mini vps special deal, purring along nicely since earlier this year :-)

HostSlick is in very good financial state, all doing good and we will not leave the market anytime soon. We have plans for 2020.

Plus, We are adding Additional KVM Nodes aswell this month and in January/February we will get bunch of additional Dedicated Servers for rent to our customers. Reviewing the demand on AMD CPU VPS, maybe there is something coming aswell. You will see.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
    Maximilian

• poissonpoisson Member
    edited December 2019

@yoursunny Hostslick does seem to have a reliable history. My list is not exhaustive; if you pick one from my list, you are very likely fine, that's all. I have been reviewing @HostSlick for a while and it's good so far and I expect them to be added sooner than later.

Thanked by 2dahartigan yoursunny
  • Thank goodness I bought a $1 Gullo VPS just in time for my $1 kudo account to die.

• @wib said:
    Thank goodness I bought a $1 Gullo VPS just in time for my $1 kudo account to die.

Good trade.

• bdlbdl Member
    edited December 2019

• So, when are these boxes going offline?

• @WolvTech said:
    So, when are these boxes going offline?

You apparently have 10 more days...
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3063761#Comment_3063756

ColoCrossing learned over the weekend that a former client notified his customers that he was shutting down their service today, Monday, December 9. ColoCrossing had provided dedicated servers which were used to host this client’s content, and the content of this client’s customers. To help customers impacted by this former client, ColoCrossing is keeping the servers active for the next ten days so impacted sites can move their data to other providers. We will provide more information as it is available.

• @WolvTech said:

The above image is served from hosting73 - may be cached by cloudflare - but if you don't see the canary ... then, well - it's dead, Jim.

• donlidonli Member
    edited December 2019

@uptime said:

@WolvTech said:

The above image is served from hosting73 - may be cached by cloudflare - but if you don't see the canary ... then, well - it's dead, Jim.

The canary in ColoCrossing - lulz.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • A simple uptime monitoring, if the image dissapear, then the host is dead. lul

Thanked by 1uptime
  • uptimeuptime Member
    edited December 2019

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    A simple uptime monitoring, if the image dissapear, then the host is dead. lul

eventually - but should just be aware in shorter timeframe host could be already dead while image is still cached in browser, or perhaps by cloudflare (?) etc ... Still, maybe close enough for government work (as the saying goes) :smile:

• repost

but do we have any company information from the invoices? which paypal e-mail was used to pay the funds, to which company? has anyone used a credit card to pay or they offered only paypal, what is the company name on the transactions? what is the company name on the invoices? is it legal in the US to issue invoices without company names?

Thanked by 1Daniel15