Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing + IPv6 = when? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing + IPv6 = when?

2»

Comments

• @TimboJones said:

@jbiloh said:

default said: Right now... as in past 8 years and a half. I guess you embrace the idea that past and future do not exist, as everything is in a continuous present.

I'd expect that IPv6 will be rolled out in the future, but as of now an internal time table has not been established.

The good news is that virtually all of our gear is HW ready for ipv6. Just a matter of demand and some coding at this point.

Demand? You've been losing business to your competitors for 8 years now.

Neah... monetizing LET is more important than keeping up with network technology. Maybe it's easier to write lines of code for LET/LEB, than writing code for IPv6.

Thanked by 1benj0x
  • default said: writing code for IPv6.

All their equipment should already support IPv6, unless they're dumpster diving 20 year old routers to power their infra. No code needed.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

TimboJones said: Demand? You've been losing business to your competitors for 8 years now.

How many people in CC's addressable market are really demanding ipv6?

Daniel15 said: No code needed.

Not at the "gear level" but in the provisioning, management, customer portal, etc., adding/changing wouldnt' surprise me. Of course, it's not like they haven't seen this coming for 20 years...

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • PureVoltagePureVoltage Member, Patron Provider

We are in NY and have IPV6 and do colocation ;)

• @raindog308 said:

TimboJones said: Demand? You've been losing business to your competitors for 8 years now.

How many people in CC's addressable market are really demanding ipv6?

Who knows, I'm Canadian (IPV4 rich), just when I'm looking to purchase and comparing features, I tend to pick the one with more features with future capabilities. I'm certain it would have paid off by now.