Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centrio Hosting - a big scam company - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Centrio Hosting - a big scam company

2»

Comments

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited November 2013

@AnthonySmith said:
    If you pay for a service, make a mistake so the service cannot be provided, then you file a claim with paypal within 10 hours then yes... completely your fault if you lose your money.

To err, is human. The issue could have been solved without escalation to a claim though. However @Centriohost is not one of the most diplomatic of hosts, and it is understandable that the buyer felt ignored. I'm not justifying such a hasty claim.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

Open dispute and you expect active the order?

• @Showfom said:
    zhuanyi

You have filed a Paypal dispute BEFORE they even had a chance to get back to you, so how can you expect them to still issue you a certificate since they might ended up losing money on this one if Paypal decided in your favor?

You are running a VPS company yourself and I am sure there are times when you are not in front of computers to do the support work. Do you want to get a ticket at like 1am in the morning your time and a Paypal dispute at like 10am just because you were in bed? Will you still want to talk that client of yours if you were the one getting the Paypal dispute?

I don't work for CentrioHost nor I think they provide the top-of-the-notch customer service (nor they have ever advertised themselves as having one), but if you are expecting 24x7 customer service for a 10 buck SSL certificate...I am afraid you have to adjust your expectations. Unlike China (or most of Asia), labor is very expensive in the western world and most of the banks/service industry here don't run their customer service hotlines 24x7, let alone smaller companies like CentrioHost.

• @Rapta said:
    Let's not forget the fact that Centriohost said that OP received his SSL cert when he did not.

This, although the client jumped the gun a bit, CentrioHost lied on the PayPal dispute. I'd update that dispute with some pictures/link from this thread, even if they hadn't opened a dispute I'm not that confident that CentrioHost would have resolved the situation with them.

My question is why the hell is anyone ordering SSL from these clowns at their regular prices? Their custom service is probably the worst of anyone around here, even worse then CVPS or a CC brand, the only reason people order from them is their cheap wildcard special.

If you need a regular SSL cert go here: https://www.gogetssl.com/domain-validation/comodo-positive-ssl/

$3.75 a year, almost 1/5th of what you paid to the CentroClowns, and their support does not insult you when there is a problem. GoGetSSL has a rep on these forums and their online tools make it pretty much impossible to screw up ordering.

I still don't get how so many people manage to generate invalid CSRs.. there's only like 2 pieces of information on there that actually needs to be right!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2013

@Zen said:
    Hopefully more providers embrace this in their ToS:

If a client opens a PayPal dispute without prior notification, he is no longer a client of xxx.

^^ This and already do this.

If you choose run to paypal to resolve your claim you have asked them to act as an intermediary to resolve any dispute you have, dont get upset and make idiotic threads like this if you lose, as the choice to open the dispute was yours, the choice to accept the outcome of said dispute is yours also.

I am sick of people not taking responsibility for their own actions, forums are filling up with annoying threads such as:

They stole my money after I put in a paypal claim without making ANY effort to get it resolved.

Avoid xx host they just closed my account for putting in fake billing details.

This s**t host suspended me for using 4 cores at 100% for a week.

Avoid this host they refused to help me install blah blah software on the unmanaged $1 p/year account.

Seriously... enough is enough.

I am just glad fraud record exists, nice to have a hash based black list between hosts that means we don't have to share anyone's personal details to blacklist them.

• @nunim said:
    My question is why the hell is anyone ordering SSL from these clowns at their regular prices? Their custom service is probably the worst of anyone around here, even worse then CVPS or a CC brand, the only reason people order from them is their cheap wildcard special.

I think OP was probably hoping Centriohost would just issue the wildcard SSL cert if he put in a wildcard SSL CSR...that price is still a LOT cheaper than any wildcard SSL you could get elsewhere.

• i can't understand why doing argument with this well known reliable scam provider? at first i thought Bappy (owner of centriohost) is the best scammer in Bangladesh but i was wrong. because he is not in Bangladesh but all over the world. he will give you world best support for first month. after that scam will start. server will hack continuously and he will say this is your site issue. not server issue. thousand plus shell available in his servers. some times you will see your all files will gone. he will say HDD crashed. then he will change DC in every month. some times he will say you have to pay for DC migration. even you can be suspend due to overdue on payment before 1 month of due date. also without any due invoice. more info

fake info:
    Support Center [ UK ]
    Flat 7 Barbanel House
    Cephas Street
    E1 4JL
    London, United Kingdom

right info (Bappy's home. not office)
    Corporate Office [ Bangladesh ]
    Block-F, Road-1, House-12/14/16
    Banashree Project
    Dhaka-1219
    Bangladesh

Banking Information
    BRAC BANK LTD. | Swift Code : BRAKBDDH
    A/C Name & Number : CENTRIOHOST | 1549202555683001
    fake account name. original account name: Kamrul Hassan Bappy

NOC and Administrative Support :

+88-02-8399009 | Monday to Friday | 10 AM until 6 PM EDT

this number used in his home. if you call before 10AM then Bappy's mother will receive the land phone. then if you ask for Bappy, mother will call Bappy like "Bappy, ei Bappy tor phone"

all contact numbers used by Bappy own. also he using ICANN logo on his site which is permitted to use only for ICANN-Accredited Registrars. FYI their is no any ICANN-Accredited Registrars in Bangladesh.

list of his active domains/sites
    centriohost.com
    i7hosting.com
    khola-janala.com
    havehost.com
    all of those sites used for scam owned by Bappy.

so stay away from centriohost

Thanked by 2ExonHost Showfom
  • @CentrioHost said:
    CastleServers How you called some1 scamhost even you are not a customer of ours!

Who's saying I haven't been a customer?

• So he uses the "fake" information.. Nothing that Chris VPS didn't do.. Apparently.

• This thread is awesome!

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited November 2013

@Showfom said:
    mile93

We paid for our service but they didn't provide it and told Paypal that they had provided it to us.

This isn't SCAM???!!!

This is not a claim, this was you have paid the wrong service (by sending a single cert csr -- if I read correctly but not wildcast csr), now, you are asking for another issue on wildcast cert... or refund the money.

This does not conclude a scam but a mistake. <-- mostly, your mistake.

Support especially dealing with billing and refund is only during office hour but you want it to be resolved within 24 hours... by threatening.

If I were the host, I rather losing you than keeping you as customer.

• Since I bought some wildcard certs from @CentrioHost, so I have to clarified that they are awesome. No problem with them so far. I got some certs having the same issue as OP but they solved it timely, and I got my working SSL.

OP you are acting too fast to open dispute with PayPal. Make sure you communicate with them first. I believed there are misunderstandings in your conversations.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited November 2013

@zhuanyi said:
    I think OP was probably hoping Centriohost would just issue the wildcard SSL cert if he put in a wildcard SSL CSR...that price is still a LOT cheaper than any wildcard SSL you could get elsewhere.

https://ipxcore.com/ssl/ <--- same certificate for less

$3 cheaper and I would rather deal with them over CentiroHost any day.. I know of at least another place besides IPXCore to get cheap wildcard SSL so you can't say that they're the cheapest.

• DrukpaDrukpa Member
    edited November 2013

Bought two wildcard SSL from @CentrioHost. Both went well. With one I submitted a wrong CSR, opened a ticket and got it solved. I guess I asked nicely, like we should with everything in life.

With the offer, they said $2.5 recurring fee. Just wondering if they would honor it.

• @zhuanyi said:
    I don't work for CentrioHost nor I think they provide the top-of-the-notch customer service (nor they have ever advertised themselves as having one), but if you are expecting 24x7 customer service for a 10 buck SSL certificate...I am afraid you have to adjust your expectations. Unlike China (or most of Asia), labor is very expensive in the western world and most of the banks/service industry here don't run their customer service hotlines 24x7, let alone smaller companies like CentrioHost.

当然不是,我给了他们24小时来答复我,结果呢,没答复我,还直接把我的服务单给删除了,我才发起 Paypal 争议的,你不用给这群傻逼+骗子说好话了。

• @Showfom said:
    当然不是,我给了他们24小时来答复我,结果呢,没答复我,还直接把我的服务单给删除了,我才发起 Paypal 争议的,你不用给这群傻逼+骗子说好话了。

I have buy a wildcard SSL from them and also send a wrong csr file. When i submit a ticket for this , they let me send again and every thing goes ok. Centrio's service is not so kindly ,but not so bad.

当然,这是上次3刀的wildcard刚刚大优惠的时候买的。后来Centrio客服的脾气变得更差也有可能。记忆中有人也买了个14刀的SSL,也和Centrio在LET吵了一架。