Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about the flash purchase of virmach
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Questions about the flash purchase of virmach

qingxiqingxi Member
edited November 2019 in Help

I took part in the flash-buying campaign of virmach and got a service order that was defined as fraudulent. And virmach charged me twice through paypal. Can I ask for a refund of virmach? It's worth saying I've been using virmach's service since 2016! And anyone else is experiencing this kind of problem?

Comments

• qingxi said: service order that was defined as fraudulent

Reach out to them through ticket (esp. if you are an existing customer). You were probably on a VPN and so got flagged.

qingxi said: And virmach charged me twice through paypal.

That has happened to many people (including me). It will show up as account credit on your account - so don't worry the money isn't going anywhere.

If you're really particular that you want it back, I'm sure they'll arrange for a refund as well.

Thanked by 1qingxi
  • JabJabJabJab Member
    edited November 2019

and DO NOT charge back on paypal - support will take care of you and starting a chargeback will automagically make then angry with you (those are expensive for providers, it's not just 'money back', paypal takes enormous fee).

Like @nullnothere said - contact support, explain everything, tell them that you would like refund/store credit/2nd VPS(?) for that double payment and see what happen, they are nice.

Last year we got billed twice too - it was refunded within (I can't remember, but less than) 24 hours iirc. But then it was a lot of double billing :)

Thanked by 1qingxi
  • @JabJab said:
    and DO NOT charge back on paypal - support will take care of you and starting a chargeback will automagically make then angry with you (those are expensive for providers, it's not just 'money back', paypal takes enormous fee).

Like @nullnothere said - contact support, explain everything, tell them that you would like refund/store credit/2nd VPS(?) for that double payment and see what happen, they are nice.

Last year we got billed twice too - it was refunded within (I can't remember, but less than) 24 hours iirc. But then it was a lot of double billing :)

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I created a ticket two hours ago, but I haven't received any response. I don't want to resolve the PayPal controversy because I know it's not a good solution.

• Oh, it will take same time for ticket answer I would assume. It's busy time for VirMach (they are still migrating OpenVZ to KVMLite) and then this sale. Plus it's weekend - I wouldn't be even shocked if your problem need some feedback from accounting department and they simply don't work over weeknds - it's not technical support :-)

• @JabJab said:
    Oh, it will take same time for ticket answer I would assume. It's busy time for VirMach (they are still migrating OpenVZ to KVMLite) and then this sale. Plus it's weekend - I wouldn't be even shocked if your problem need some feedback from accounting department and they simply don't work over weeknds - it's not technical support :-)

No response has been received for tickets so far. It seems that I cannot refund it through technical support, in accordance with the terms of virmach. I think virmach is deceiving their customers. Virmach's purchase pages often fail to open properly when they open flash purchases, or far exceed the 3 minutes they set.

“They put this clause in a non-noteable place.
    *If you do not complete your order within 3 minutes of loading this page, you may receive and be billed for the next non-refundable special offer. No corrections will be made. If we run out of stock or there’s an error, we reserve the right to cancel your order (at our discretion.)”

• @qingxi said: No response has been received for tickets so far...

Give them some time, it's barely morning and a busy weekend with lots of orders to fulfil and what not. You're clearly not their highest priority.

Believe me they are NOT going to disappear with your money and I'm very sure that you if you engage with them correctly you will find a positive way to move forward.

Please don't blindly chargeback (etc.) and just bear with them for a little bit.

Tagging @VirMach to soothe some frayed nerves here...

• @nullnothere said:

@qingxi said: No response has been received for tickets so far...

Give them some time, it's barely morning and a busy weekend with lots of orders to fulfil and what not. You're clearly not their highest priority.

Believe me they are NOT going to disappear with your money and I'm very sure that you if you engage with them correctly you will find a positive way to move forward.

Please don't blindly chargeback (etc.) and just bear with them for a little bit.

Tagging @VirMach to soothe some frayed nerves here...

Thank you for reminding me that I should do the right thing.I'm going to bed with my wife now.

• Today I watched a day of virmach flash sale activities in front of the screen. When you encounter a good package and open the order page, it is usually a page error prompt of 502 503 or a screen prompting human-machine verification, and it is always impossible to purchase. It makes me feel very tired.

• Please be patient. Don't become a headache :D