Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gullo's Hosting | Did someone say Black Friday? Flash sales here! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gullo's Hosting | Did someone say Black Friday? Flash sales here!

Comments

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@v3ng said:
    What will happen to the other locations which are not yet on OVZ7?
    Any chances for newer OS templates? Debian 9 or even 10?
    Canada and Bulgaria only have Debian 8.

I have a new Canada server, Along with a bunch of new locations coming soon. I just need to get them installed and setup. I will allow people to move to the new server by request. My goal is to let the majority of people request to move or cancel then force the rest of everyone out towards the end of next year. A long but more efficient process on my end due to the way I originally set up my SolusVM master(s). As far as templates on the OVZ6 nodes I don't have plans on adding any new ones as I would prefer to have people move to OVZ7 nodes.

Thanked by 2bdl brueggus
  • v3ng said: Any chances for newer OS templates? Debian 9 or even 10?

Debian 10 can't run on OpenVZ6, the kernel is way too old.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Cam said: Along with a bunch of new locations coming soon.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Cam said: I will allow people to move to the new server by request.

Just for clarity, "move" meaning ... ? Is there a migration path or is this a backup and re-provision?

@skorous said:

Cam said: I will allow people to move to the new server by request.

Just for clarity, "move" meaning ... ? Is there a migration path or is this a backup and re-provision?

Unfortunately, it has to be a backup and re-provision as they both have their own SolusVM Masters. Not too sure what I was thinking when I originally set them up but it wasn't a very good idea to have separate masters. haha.

• Cam said: Unfortunately, it has to be a backup and re-provision as they both have their own SolusVM Masters.

( chuckle ) That was what it sounded like but wanted to be sure.

Will you put out an email or something when it's time to move?

@skorous said:

Cam said: Unfortunately, it has to be a backup and re-provision as they both have their own SolusVM Masters.

Yes, I will. I will make an offer post on here when the new locations are available aswell.

Thanked by 1skorous
  • Hey' I'm ready to move at any time. Can do a destroy and recreate even (no backup restore needed).

Thanked by 1skorous
  • v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

@Cam said:

@skorous said:

Cam said: Unfortunately, it has to be a backup and re-provision as they both have their own SolusVM Masters.

Yes, I will. I will make an offer post on here when the new locations are available aswell.

Is there an ETA yet?
    Was just about to order some new servers :D

@donli said:
    Hey' I'm ready to move at any time. Can do a destroy and recreate even (no backup restore needed).

@v3ng said:

@Cam said:

@skorous said:

Is there an ETA yet?
    Was just about to order some new servers :D

Haha, I am ~Hoping~ it takes less than 2 weeks. I would like to expect it within the week however, things often come up...

Thanked by 1skorous
  • bdlbdl Member
    edited December 2019

@donli said:
    Hey' I'm ready to move at any time. Can do a destroy and recreate even (no backup restore needed).

Me too, happy to help test the new setup whenever you're ready, @Cam

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

I should really say no but I will be happy to try out for any location that is closer to where I am based. Just this morning signed up for MrVM - Singapore loc. (which also completes the NAT trilogy btw).

p.s: loving the BF offer by @cam on web hosting. The $1/year deal :-)

@Cam any hints on the upcoming locations?

@vyas11 said:
    I should really say no but I will be happy to try out for any location that is closer to where I am based. Just this morning signed up for MrVM - Singapore loc. (which also completes the NAT trilogy btw).

How are your experiences with MrVM?
    Thought about getting the SGP locations as well

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@v3ng said:

@vyas11 said:

How are your experiences with MrVM?
    Thought about getting the SGP locations as well

Signed up this morning, waiting for provisioning. Got the 128 MB Plan- haven't kicked the tyres yet so to speak. They have a limited stock (low single digits for both the 128 MB and 256 MB plans though.

@v3ng said:

US

Thanked by 2bdl v3ng

@Cam said:

@v3ng said:

US

Agh, was hoping for some EU or APAC love :D

• @v3ng said:

@Cam said:

@v3ng said:

US

Agh, was hoping for some EU or APAC love :D

I like US love! As long as it's West Coast love!

@Cam will Bulgaria get an upgrade to OVZ7 as well?

@v3ng said:
    @Cam will Bulgaria get an upgrade to OVZ7 as well?

Eventually yes, however, I don't currently have a new server lined up.

• o2bito2bit Member
    edited December 2019

Purchased a NAT VPS with 2$ yearly, the performance is perfect !

Thanked by 2Cam bdl
  • Can I run .net core 2.2 webapps on your webhosting?

@chiezyy said:
    Can I run .net core 2.2 webapps on your webhosting?

We only have Linux Webhosting. No Windows.

• @Cam said:

@chiezyy said:

Don't need Windows to host .net core.

@chiezyy said:

@Cam said:

@chiezyy said:

Don't need Windows to host .net core.

Looks like I am ill-informed, It wouldn't be something that I support.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2019

chiezyy said: Can I run .net core 2.2 webapps on your webhosting?

Works fine - I have a bunch of NAT VPSes powering ping/traceroutes on https://beta.dnstools.ws/, using .NET Core 3.0.

Should work on any Linux distro. I use Debian 10 and followed the instructions at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/install/linux-package-manager-debian10 to add the repo and install the runtime (don't install the SDK as it takes up a bunch of space, just get the runtime)

The other option is to publish your app with a self-contained runtime (dotnet publish --self-contained -c Release -r linux-x64), then you don't need to install anything on the VPS as everything will be in the publish directory. Just copy over the publish directory using rsync or SCP/SFTP and run the app :)

However, if you do use .NET Core 3.0, note that there is a bug where it locks up or segfaults on OpenVZ. I posted a workaround here: https://github.com/dotnet/coreclr/issues/27955 and https://github.com/dotnet/coreclr/issues/26873. The bug isn't present in .NET Core 2.2, just 3.0.

• @Daniel15 said:

Thanks but I was specifically asking for the Webhosting. Setting net core up on a vps is no biggie.

@Cam i think your Guide to host a website on ur nat vps is outdated.

• edited December 2019

@chiezyy said:

Probably not, but it requires delegating the whole domain to cloudflare, which I didn't want to do, I was fine with serving the website on a high port number.

But please note, if you want ssl with let's encrypt, they need to validate on port 80 or 443 -- and this not a problem, as long as you configure the server to listen on 80 and 443 on ipv6 or use certbot --standalone (don't forget your aaaa record). Once you have your cert, you can serve an ssl encrypted website on whatever ipv4 port you want.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • @SVeu2BSLh7vfKv6xbT5m said:

@chiezyy said:

Probably not, but it requires delegating the whole domain to cloudflare, which I didn't want to do, I was fine with serving the website on a high port number.

But please note, if you want ssl with let's encrypt, they need to validate on port 80 or 443 -- and this not a problem, as long as you configure the server to listen on 80 and 443 on ipv6 or use certbot --standalone (don't forget your aaaa record). Once you have your cert, you can serve an ssl encrypted website on whatever ipv4 port you want.

Congrats on your first comment

(You chose a safe username)

• SVeu2BSLh7vfKv6xbT5m said: But please note, if you want ssl with let's encrypt, they need to validate on port 80 or 443 -

You can do DNS validation rather than HTTP validation, then your host doesn't even need to be accessible publicly (so you can use Let's Encrypt for services that aren't exposed to the public internet). You also need to use DNS validation if you want to obtain wildcard certs. I use acme-dns.