Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HostSlick.com] Black Friday/Cyber Deals - Starting at only $5/YEAR!! *CRAZY* - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HostSlick.com] Black Friday/Cyber Deals - Starting at only $5/YEAR!! *CRAZY*

124»

Comments

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited December 2019

@HostSlick said:

@vyas11 said:

@ofit said:

@vyas11 said:
    @HostSlick speeds are same for me for BLR, but for Chennai, Singapore and Tokyo, I see a drop in the speeds by around 15-20% could be the time of the day- will try later tonight but can confirm Asia network speeds are lower after the DDOS fix. Cheers

Are you from Belarus?

Hm hadn't thought of that. No, using the airport code for the place I live in. Never thought it also referred to a country :-)

Also wasn't sure at first what was meant with BLR :smile: needed a bit

If I type Bangalore many might understand, but the official name (and my preference) is Bengaluru, which might just confuse the hell out of most. BLR works for now

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Offers will stay available till Friday, then they expire.

edited December 2019

Your Last chance for the Black Friday offers is today :smile:

• @HostSlick said:

hey max,
    you are not responding on skype.!

• @HostSlick said:

It's Friday already?! That means we're one week closer to BF 2020 :smiley:

@schilton said:

@HostSlick said:

hey max,
    you are not responding on skype.!

Done, sorry was very busy.

• So what is everyone using their VPSs for?
    I bought to run an MN but apparently that's not allowed, so just thinking what else I can do with this besides idling. lol
    Any suggestions for a Linux n00b would be appreciated.

Thanks

edited December 2019

@Zurg said:
    So what is everyone using their VPSs for?
    I bought to run an MN but apparently that's not allowed, so just thinking what else I can do with this besides idling. lol

Thanks

Well not for crypto mining related as you did.
    Hosting your websites and projects, Gameservers, whatever. But not mining or crypto related. This is not allowed here. There are many use cases for a VPS

You can do anything crypto cash related on our dedis.

• @HostSlick said:

@Zurg said:
    So what is everyone using their VPSs for?

Thanks

Well not for crypto mining related as you did.
    Hosting your websites and projects, Gameservers, whatever. But not mining or crypto related. This is not allowed here. There are many use cases for a VPS

You can do anything crypto cash related on our dedis.

Well, to be fair you're confusing running MN wallet (would be same resource usage as running a website, after compile and initial sync) with cryptomining (which is resource intensive and absolutely shouldn't be allowed).

Just FYI, the same process on my dedi is using 0.0 CPU and 400MB of ram with load average 0.04

It's ok though, you make rules and I'll respect your wishes on that.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@HostSlick said:

@Pilzbaum said:
    I've read your TOS and there is only a limit of 2* cores of the 15 minute load stated.

In terms of CPU usage only yes. And means you should not use more then 15minutes the Full cores 100%. Wont happen if you are realistic and dont have any cpu intensive applications.

I have VZ7 with two vCores.
    Am I allow to compile complex software (for example, OpenWrt image) that takes hours?
    I can configure the Makefile to use only one core at 100% but keeps the other core idle, thus not exceeding 15 minute load limit.

edited December 2019

@yoursunny said:

@HostSlick said:

@Pilzbaum said:
    I've read your TOS and there is only a limit of 2* cores of the 15 minute load stated.

In terms of CPU usage only yes. And means you should not use more then 15minutes the Full cores 100%. Wont happen if you are realistic and dont have any cpu intensive applications.

I have VZ7 with two vCores.
    Am I allow to compile complex software (for example, OpenWrt image) that takes hours?
    I can configure the Makefile to use only one core at 100% but keeps the other core idle, thus not exceeding 15 minute load limit.

Contact support at [email protected] or tickets we can check it out for you.

• GreenPeaceGreenPeace Member
    edited January 2020

Please respond to the ticket #997791 . Its been 2 months now and I cannot use my VPS with you guys. I paid for the server and can’t use it and not getting response via ticket on proper time either. Does anyone cares really??!! This is ridiculous.

@GreenPeace said:
    Please respond to the ticket #997791 . Its been 2 months now and I cannot use my VPS with you guys. I paid for the server and can’t use it and not getting response via ticket on proper time either. Does anyone cares really??!! This is ridiculous.

Please check ticket, we will refund and cancel order.

• How much for fully managed ?

edited January 2020

@zomby1 said:
    How much for fully managed ?

We only offer Unmanaged VPS. Sorry :(

Also currently out of stock for next months on LET Deals. :smile: Thanks to everyone of our customers :smile: Re-stock and new LET deals will be April.

You might check our deals onsite :)

However some dedicated server deals will come back in stock February.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited January 2020

@HostSlick said:

Also currently out of stock for next months on LET Deals. :smile: Thanks to everyone of our customers :smile: Re-stock and new LET deals will be April.

Max, you are maxed out :-) good, congratulations. Good to see dedi option added to the offerings.

Cheers

edited January 2020

@vyas11 said:

@HostSlick said:

Max, you are maxed out :-) good, congratulations. Good to see dedi option added to the offerings.

Cheers

Hehe, dedis are offered since September 2019 already but are permanently out of stock, so bunch of more Stock coming. Did not expect them to be sold that fast.

Will try to setup more VPS nodes earlier then April. For now we are busy though. Aswell on it to setup own BGP Router. :smile:

Since this deals are out, mods can /close . Sometimes we still get requests for this deals, which we can not fullfill. BF deals expired some time ago.

This discussion has been closed.