Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday Deals 2019 - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[UltraVPS.eu] Black Friday Deals 2019

12346»

Comments

• @angstrom said:

@_Nic said:

poisson said: From a neutral perspective, the focus on legal obligations instead of discussing ethical obligations clearly shows who is the asshole.

Ethical obligations not to charge for an unused service were initially rejected by the company, and presented quite legal, brought up by the contract. So yes, you are right.

Let me guess: you didn't cancel your VPS two weeks in advance and then you didn't want to pay the bill for the next period. Something like this?

Nope.

• Getting an error loading the page, has the offer ended?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2019

@borngreat said:
    Getting an error loading the page, has the offer ended?

Most likely.

@UltraVPS ?

Edit: Oops, yes.

• @borngreat said:
    Getting an error loading the page, has the offer ended?

Maybe go back to the first post and read it carefully?

• Falzo said: of course

It amuses me how some people boast of their superiority, simply because they have been accustomed to the pot ... mmm ... to pay bills. But the world is much wider.
    Obviously, if a German citizen friends with several girls from countries where polygamy is possible, he will not be able to register a marriage with several at once in his country. Or, if a German citizen has a contract with a company from a country where cannibalism is encountered, he will be against being eaten if it comes to that.
    So it is here.
    I did not hide my citizenship at the conclusion of the contract, and they agreed to take my money. Respect the laws of another country. Or do you think your country is better and your habits are the only true ones?

• @_Nic said:

Falzo said: of course

It amuses me how some people boast of their superiority, simply because they have been accustomed to the pot ... mmm ... to pay bills. But the world is much wider.
    Obviously, if a German citizen friends with several girls from countries where polygamy is possible, he will not be able to register a marriage with several at once in his country. Or, if a German citizen has a contract with a company from a country where cannibalism is encountered, he will be against being eaten if it comes to that.
    So it is here.
    I did not hide my citizenship at the conclusion of the contract, and they agreed to take my money. Respect the laws of another country. Or do you think your country is better and your habits are the only true ones?

You're really missing the point.

You agreed to a contract with @UltraVPS when you purchased a VPS from them. If you didn't accept the conditions of the contract, then you shouldn't have purchased a VPS from them. It was this simple.

No amount of hand-waving, jumping up and down, or talking about polygamy or cannibalism can change this very simple point.

• @_Nic said:

Now you’re just contradicting yourself. First you say that laws are dependent on the country you’re in or doing business with. But directly afterwards you seem to think that this doesn’t apply to you.

You’re the one doing business with a company in another country. You’re the one not respecting laws in another country. Probably, because you won’t say what it is you did.

And if I understand correctly you’re still using their service through strawmen. Get a grip. Choose a company in your own country so that your local law applies to you.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • I'm already missing Nekki.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • angstrom said: You're really missing the point.

I acted ethically (no service - no money), and did not overpay. I got the new services I wanted. Do you really think that I missed something?
    This company would not hurt more flexible in working with clients. If they get better, it won't hurt anyone.

• @_Nic said: Do you really think that I missed something?

Yes, in the "explanation" that you gave above that I quoted, you were really missing the point.

Now you appear to be saying that you're using @UltraVPS's services via other peoples' identities because you have been rejected by them. Wonderful.

Thanked by 1debaser
  • debaserdebaser Member
    edited December 2019

@angstrom said:
    Now you appear to be saying that you're using @UltraVPS's services via other peoples' identities because you have been rejected by them. Wonderful.

Probably means that UltraVPS is very high quality. Prem if you will.

/me trying very hard to not feed this troll.

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited December 2019

@angstrom said:
    Wonderful.

Thank you.
    People are more humane than companies, and they respect me for decency, fairness and honesty. That is life.

• @_Nic said:

@angstrom said:
    Wonderful.

Thank you.
    People are more humane than companies, and they respect me for decency, fairness and honesty. That is life.

I give up.

Thanked by 1debaser
  • poissonpoisson Member
    edited December 2019

@_Nic said:

Falzo said: of course

So it is here.

Unless there is fraud, there is no request for service. You request for service, you honour the terms and pay the bill you ASSHOLE.

• sonicsonic Veteran
    edited December 2019

@Falzo said:

@sonic said:

hmm... I think you are onto a wrong way here if you don't even know how to handle mounts and to lazy to learn it by yourself ;-)

Hi Falzo, thanks for your warning! I spent 2 hours to learn Linux partition and now I can do it easily :D

• +1 for that attitude @sonic.

Thanked by 2vimalware sonic
  • 10/10 attitude @Sonic 🤓👍

Thanked by 1sonic
  • Part of LET is also for learning! Glad @sonic learned something new. :)

Thanked by 1sonic
  • @saibal said:
    +1 for that attitude @sonic.

@vimalware said:
    10/10 attitude @Sonic 🤓👍

@poisson said:
    Part of LET is also for learning! Glad @sonic learned something new. :)

Thank you guys! I were too lazy to learn :D

• @angstrom said:

@hnhydashu said:
    VM-x/AMD-V was disabled , I want dev k8s , it's not friendly

Congrats on your fourth comment

haha