Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[OVH] Black friday (EU-CA-APAC) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[OVH] Black friday (EU-CA-APAC)

124»

Comments

• @ninzo59 said:

@mrclown said:
    OVH rep only come LET for sales then disappeared. No other questions or help are entertained. Forget it.

Sorry, I don't have much time to stay around / reply to all support request. On the most painful issues, I try to help though.

I m mostly here to keep you in touch about new product / offers. I don't have any access to support tickets..

I imagine your from the marketing team at OVH right? The support team must be a completely separate department that probably doesn’t really talk to each other much..

• @ninzo59 said:

@mrclown said:
    OVH rep only come LET for sales then disappeared. No other questions or help are entertained. Forget it.

Sorry, I don't have much time to stay around / reply to all support request. On the most painful issues, I try to help though.

I m mostly here to keep you in touch about new product / offers. I don't have any access to support tickets..

You are right but good to assist some of the basic answer or long standing support matter which never move forward for any reason. Not you exactly but somebody else from OVH if that could contribute to community. On the other hand, if support ticket are useful, nobody would reach out to you here.

@Edmond said:
    I imagine your from the marketing team at OVH right? The support team must be a completely separate department that probably doesn’t really talk to each other much..

I wonder they even have support team physically.

• ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@Edmond said:

@ninzo59 said:

@mrclown said:

True, I m from marketing.

Thanked by 1Edmond

@mrclown said:

@ninzo59 said:

@mrclown said:

You are right but good to assist some of the basic answer or long standing support matter which never move forward for any reason. Not you exactly but somebody else from OVH if that could contribute to community. On the other hand, if support ticket are useful, nobody would reach out to you here.

@Edmond said:

I wonder they even have support team physically.

I used to be more active, because I had more time to answer :/. I have already requested someone from support to be active here, we are debating on that point.

Of course we have a support team ;)

Thanked by 1Edmond
  • mrclownmrclown Member
    edited December 2019

@ninzo59 said:

I meant the support team which really reply and read ticket. Do you have one? :tired_face:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@mrclown said:

@ninzo59 said:

I meant the support team which really reply and read ticket. Do you have one? :tired_face:

They do. 1 or 2 of them supporting the entire region, so please expect some delays in their response :joy:

It might take them a week or two to even reply and maybe months to solve the ticket.

• @thedp said:
    They do. 1 or 2 of them supporting the entire region, so please expect some delays in their response :joy:

It might take them a week or two to even reply and maybe months to solve the ticket.

How do you know they have 1 or 2? I am getting serious here. :smiley:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited December 2019

@mrclown said:

@thedp said:

How do you know they have 1 or 2? I am getting serious here. :smiley:

I'm being serious too :joy: But maybe it also depends on which OVH subsidiary your account is with.

If you put up a thread and have everyone who uses OVH post the name of OVH support agents/engineers (or initials, for the sake of privacy) that has replied to their ticket, I don't think it'll be a long list :joy:

• @ninzo59 said:

Any kimsufi flash sales in BHS for christmas ?

@A_m_i_t said:

@ninzo59 said:

Any kimsufi flash sales in BHS for christmas ?

no KS flash sale planned yet.

• GreenReaperGreenReaper Member
    edited December 2019

I think people need to be a little more realistic about what they are getting and paying for, especially at the very low end. OVH is here and some other providers in the same space are not because they are one of the cheaper options. One of the reasons for that is that they do not have quite the same level of support - unless you pay for it. At the same time they are not a fly-by-night operation, like those we have seen much news of in recent days. Personally I feel I've got what I paid for with the OVH services I've leased (and, as a past DLP participant, I got some things I did not pay for as well).

At the same time, OVH needs to understand that documentation of their product features and any and all restrictions on them (regional or otherwise) needs to be in place before a sale takes place - as it is for, say, the transfer limitations in Singapore and Australia. Not having that means issues come up here, negating much of the goodwill from posting in the first place.

There may have been need for a short-term restriction on reverse DNS to address an operational issue, but it cannot be allowed to quietly turn into a long-term unadvertised policy - ultimately it seems a basis for refunds or chargebacks which could cost the company far more than any profit they might have made on a sale. While OVH representatives here may not have any direct control over that, hopefully they can pass that on to those that do.

Thanked by 1jon617
  • @ninzo59 said:

@akhfa said:
    Are the Rise-BF-1 recurring? I don't see any "until service is canceled" in RISE deals

Ye it's recurring. We designed those product for BF.

Hi @ninzo59
    I received January invoice, and it said that only applicable 12 times, does this means that this package is not recurring? Or maybe something wrong with the billing?

alt text

It will be bad if this package is not recurring :neutral:

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited January 2020

@akhfa did you choose commitment? I do see the same statement on both of my committed one and none committed servers. That sounds like billing problem.

• @mrclown said:
    @akhfa did you choose commitment? I do see the same statement on both of my committed one and none committed servers. That sounds like billing problem.

Do you mean commitment when we first purchase the server?

I don't think I choose any commitment, because as far as I remember, when I choose to commit 1 year, I need to pay the whole year, and what I need is month to month payment, even though I think I will use this server for years if the price is stay as is.

@akhfa said:

@mrclown said:

I don't think I choose any commitment, because as far as I remember, when I choose to commit 1 year, I need to pay the whole year, and what I need is month to month payment, even though I think I will use this server for years if the price is stay as is.

For several months, you can now pay monthly on a year commitment. Price is lower when you pick a commitment (1 year /2 year). If you choose 1 year commitment / monthly, you have had 5% additional discount on the BF price, then yes you will keep this price only for 12 renewals. After this 12 renews, you will go back to classic "BF" price without any discount on commitment.

Hope thats clear :)

Thanked by 1akhfa
  • @ninzo59 said:

@akhfa said:

@mrclown said:

For several months, you can now pay monthly on a year commitment. Price is lower when you pick a commitment (1 year /2 year). If you choose 1 year commitment / monthly, you have had 5% additional discount on the BF price, then yes you will keep this price only for 12 renewals. After this 12 renews, you will go back to classic "BF" price without any discount on commitment.

Hai @ninzo59,
    Thank you for your explanation. I just realize there is similar question before, but this answer is more clear.

So after 12 month, without the 5% discount, the price will become around $59, isn't it?

@akhfa said:

@ninzo59 said:

@akhfa said:

@mrclown said:

Hai @ninzo59,
    Thank you for your explanation. I just realize there is similar question before, but this answer is more clear.

So after 12 month, without the 5% discount, the price will become around $59, isn't it?

That's it :)

Thanked by 1akhfa