Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU Gaming Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU Gaming Dedicated Server

TempestTempest Member
edited November 2019 in Requests

Hello everyone. I am looking for a dedicated server in EU for my gaming community. We're playing games that utilize single-core performance a lot (only uses like two cores or something). The people in the community was not really happy with how Hetzner's billing system worked so we're looking at alternative options (we may go with them in the end depending on the other offers). Our budget should be about 50 USD/month we may go a bit under or above.

What specs we're looking for:

Minimum i7-6700k or equivalent (or better ofc)
32 GB RAM
10TB+ bandwidth (unlimited preferred)
512 GB SSD (NVMe preferred but isn't a must)
Location EU (Germany/Netherlands preferred, France is the last one on our list but is okay)
DDoS protection is a plus but not required.

Thanks.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

ikoula has i7-9700k in france for 70 euro, don't know anyone in netherlands.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Wait for our Black Friday offer if you can stretch your budget a little ;-).

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

Just out of curiosity, what is it about our billing system that you all don't like? --Katie

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@MikeA said:
    ikoula has i7-9700k in france for 70 euro, don't know anyone in netherlands.

Do they have native IPv6?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Some hints on our twitter =).

• spectraipspectraip Member, Patron Provider

We can offer in NL location

E5-2620 v2
    32 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    480 GB SSD storage
    1 Gbps network uplink
    25 TB bandwidth
    1 IPv4 address
    Monthly € 40.00

E3-1230 v5
    32 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    480 GB SSD storage
    1 Gbps network uplink
    25 TB bandwidth
    1 IPv4 address
    Monthly € 55.00

Please send me a PM if you would like to order.

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Have you checked with OVH

• TempestTempest Member
    edited November 2019

@Hetzner_OL said:
    Just out of curiosity, what is it about our billing system that you all don't like? --Katie

No prepayments are one of the biggest factors, oh and setup fee was a bit high for some of our memberrs' standards.

@spectraip said:
    We can offer in NL location

E5-2620 v2
    32 GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    480 GB SSD storage
    1 Gbps network uplink
    25 TB bandwidth
    1 IPv4 address
    Monthly € 40.00

E3-1230 v5
    32 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
    480 GB SSD storage
    1 Gbps network uplink
    25 TB bandwidth
    1 IPv4 address
    Monthly € 55.00

Please send me a PM if you would like to order.

Please re-check my CPU specifications.

@ManishPant said:
    Have you checked with OVH

It was super expensive. About 80-90 USD/month for something similar. If we can't find anything, we'll go with Hetzner. Although the billing system is a bit problematic, their support and server quality is top notch.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Tempest said: No prepayments are one of the biggest factors, oh and setup fee was a bit high for some of our memberrs' standards.

You are saying you want to prepay?

• @Jord said:

Tempest said: No prepayments are one of the biggest factors, oh and setup fee was a bit high for some of our memberrs' standards.

You are saying you want to prepay?

Not 100% but would prefer if such feature did exist. Some providers also waive setup fee in a situation like that.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Tempest said: Not 100% but would prefer if such feature did exist. Some providers also waive setup fee in a situation like that.

Ah I see, Hetzner won't do that. Wait for BF they might do a set up free day. They sometimes do.

• Soyoustart (ovh) has 6700k 64gb ram 480gb ssd unlimited bw. Game ddos protection. Although not in stock right now for France. $66

Hi again @Tempest, So, we don't have it set up on the ordering process to do prepayment, but there is a bit of a workaround.
    With us, when you order a dedicated root server, you get the invoice the next business day, so you pay before you really use the server for the invoice period.
    Once your server order is complete and you have access to Robot (the admin interface), you can write a support ticket to the accounting department and ask them to switch your invoicing period from montly to a longer period (3 months, 6 months, or 12 months). So, in this way, you could "prepay" for a year if you wanted to.
    However, this will not reduce the price. We know some other companies do this, but we do not.
    Maybe this will help your gaming community make its decision. Good luck! :) --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi again @Tempest, So, we don't have it set up on the ordering process to do prepayment, but there is a bit of a workaround.
    With us, when you order a dedicated root server, you get the invoice the next business day, so you pay before you really use the server for the invoice period.
    Once your server order is complete and you have access to Robot (the admin interface), you can write a support ticket to the accounting department and ask them to switch your invoicing period from montly to a longer period (3 months, 6 months, or 12 months). So, in this way, you could "prepay" for a year if you wanted to.
    However, this will not reduce the price. We know some other companies do this, but we do not.
    Maybe this will help your gaming community make its decision. Good luck! :) --Katie

Out of curiosity, I don't think it's possible to subscribe and pay via PayPal with Hetzner Cloud? Shouldn't that be possible to implement?

Yes, we accept PayPal, however, I do not believe it is currently possible to automate the PayPal monthyl payments. I believe, currently, that we send a monthy invoice, and the custoerms who pay via PayPal need to then log into their accounts to make the payment. --Katie