Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEED DEDICATED SERVER 30-50TB SATA + 200GB SSD (NL OR GERMANY)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NEED DEDICATED SERVER 30-50TB SATA + 200GB SSD (NL OR GERMANY)

Hello,

I need some Plex friendly dedicated server which can handle up to 15-20 views at the time.
Network speed 2-5gbps uplink
100+tb bandwidth
Budget: give me your offers, so I can self choose self with BEST offer!

Thank you!

Comments

• Anyone?

• Whats your budget for this? There are plenty of offers but we need to know what we can recommend.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2019

Hetzner PX92 with 3x12 TB SATA = 221.34€ in Germany. This has iGPU which you can use to increase transcoding speeds.
    or AX100 for same price if you prefer to have Threadripper 2950X instead.

You can upgrade to a 10Gbps uplink with 20TB included traffic per month (1€/extra TB) for quite cheap with one time fee with Hetzner.

I will assume you will use private trackers, so Hetzner would be fine for that. Otherwise you will need to go with OVH or Online.net if you want to use public trackers.

There's also SX series with more HDD space, but then your bottleneck will be the CPU.

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx
    https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax100
    https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-px

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2019

Okay, I am gonna say it... I get wanting to run a Plex server and all that, but based on the specifications your asking for, it sounds more like your SELLING content services to others instead of simply using this for you self and your friends. I say this because no common friend-user of mine is going to be using TBs of data for their viewing a month. Only if you are selling those slots multiple times would you need '100TB' of bandwidth for sharing videos.

So I will just say this... if I were a provider and I read this... it sounds like you are already breaking my and most other hosts TOS and AUP and not only that, you have taken away any possibility of plausible deniability as you have posted on a forum in a publicly indexed thread that you want this and their offer will also be immortalized in this thread right next to you asking that. So, in short, most good (read reliable) hosts are not going to come here and offer you stuff as this would then be admitting publicly that they host questionable content/clients.

I am not saying you can't make a request here for what you want, but you have gone about it in completely the wrong way and I wouldn't expect many offers here -- at least from hosts I would spend the type of money your talking about for 100TB of bandwidth on a monthly basis.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

edited November 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Okay, I am gonna say it... I get wanting to run a Plex server and all that, but based on the specifications your asking for, it sounds more like your SELLING content services to others instead of simply using this for you self and your friends. I say this because no common friend-user of mine is going to be using TBs of data for their viewing a month. Only if you are selling those slots multiple times would you need '100TB' of bandwidth for sharing videos.

So I will just say this... if I were a provider and I read this... it sounds like you are already breaking my and most other hosts TOS and AUP and not only that, you have taken away any possibility of plausible deniability as you have posted on a forum in a publicly indexed thread that you want this and their offer will also be immortalized in this thread right next to you asking that. So, in short, most good (read reliable) hosts are not going to come here and offer you stuff as this would then be admitting publicly that they host questionable content/clients.

I am not saying you can't make a request here for what you want, but you have gone about it in completely the wrong way and I wouldn't expect many offers here -- at least from hosts I would spend the type of money your talking about for 100TB of bandwidth on a monthly basis.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Even if he does sell his plex, who cares? Maybe plex does but it doesen't matter that much. Theres entire subreddit for plex sellers. At worst Plex disables his user and he'll have to create a new one and take over the server with it to continue selling.

My box is close to 30TB right now. and Im using it for myself and few family members only.

edited November 2019

stefeman said: Even if he does sell his plex, who cares? Maybe plex does but it doesen't matter that much. Theres entire subreddit for plex sellers.

The government does, it is illegal to sell access to content you do not own a license to provide. 'Sharing' would be letting you, your direct friends or family share your content and even this is more of a grey area. Selling access to content you don't own though, or lets say, for argument sake, you purchased the DVD and ripped it, you still only have a single viewing license for that video, not a license for 900 people to see that video. So again, it is illegal.

30TB on a personal server or on a server that's going to consume say 10TB a month and be used by direct family members seems realistic, needing 50TB of storage and 100TB of bandwidth though... no reasonable family is going to consume 100TB of videos in a month... not even your family and your close friends... so this immediately rings bells that either someone is illegally reselling video content or on the flip side, likely going to torrent / download large amounts of pirated material on my network. There are not many other plausible needs for that much bandwidth and storage. So as a host, reading this, knowing your intentions from go, why would I take a chance on you when you are not even scrupulous enough to cover up your actual intended use in a realistic manner?

Again, I didn't say it would be impossible to get what he wants, I said the way he asked it doesn't leave much room for ones imagination as per what the server is going to be used for... meaning the host if this person is caught, has no excuse about 'not knowing' what the customer was doing because they could simply come back and use this post as evidence that they knew the users original intention from the start.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Still, its not our problem. He asked for a server suggestions, and that's what the forum is about.

edited November 2019

@stefeman said:
    Still, its not our problem. He asked for a server suggestions, and that's what the forum is about.

Yes, it is our problem, if you read the forum rules, this is a whitehat forum and we do not support the use of services for illegal means. This means both advertising services for such use or suggesting some hosts services to someone we know intends to misuse them.

I love how kids these days have no moral or ethical boundaries and/or don't stop to think about how what they do actually has an impact on the world and how people act. Sure, he asked for a suggestion and I am sure members will make some, but if the OP expects hosts to come here and bid on his business, this is 100% the wrong way to do it and not many hosts are going show up and put their name on such a thread with the culpability that is attached.

I gather most of the people who come here, while not geniuses, are intelligent enough to understand there is a right way to ask for something and then there is the dumb idiot way to ask for something that leaves you and the host exposed to legal repercussions... this is the latter.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• Romania is ok for you ?

Thanked by 3Oldky donko w_ho_ami
  • Do we really need to be this aggressive just based on suppositions? It's kind of ridiculous, let's the governments and police do their job, no need to make suppositions like this...

edited November 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

@stefeman said:
    Still, its not our problem. He asked for a server suggestions, and that's what the forum is about.

Yes, it is our problem, if you read the forum rules, this is a whitehat forum and we do not support the use of services for illegal means. This means both advertising services for such use or suggesting some hosts services to someone we know intends to misuse them.

I love how kids these days have no moral or ethical boundaries and/or don't stop to think about how what they do actually has an impact on the world and how people act. Sure, he asked for a suggestion and I am sure members will make some, but if the OP expects hosts to come here and bid on his business, this is 100% the wrong way to do it and not many hosts are going show up and put their name on such a thread with the culpability that is attached.

I gather most of the people who come here, while not geniuses, are intelligent enough to understand there is a right way to ask for something and then there is the dumb idiot way to ask for something that leaves you and the host exposed to legal repercussions... this is the latter.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

DMCA ignored != Blackhat

Hes not asking for a server to host a botnet controller. Besides him selling anything is only your speculation.

edited November 2019

angelius said: suppositions like this...

Do you have a brain? Does it work? What do you think the intended use from reading the OP is? Are you confused at all by what you read? I am not...

Again, this is a whitehat forum with RULES.... so yes... following the rules is required... and unless you are a brainless dolt it's pretty obvious the intention here.

That said, I can't believe I have to say this again... I am not saying he can't make a request for services or request offers, it is the stupid choice of how the request was worded and the noted direct intentions in it that are going to prevent MOST of the offers. Technically, if we followed rules to a T, this would be against the rules. However, the point I am mostly trying to make here is:

Most hosts you want to host with that are reliable and can offer that are not dumb enough to come make offers in a thread like this to tie their company / brand to a PUBLICLY indexed request for illegal services. There are other ways to make a similar request where he could get offers that doesn't scream, "I intend to do illegal things on my service". Using your brain is a good thing, okay?

facepalm

If he really wants to get offers, he should tag a mod, ask them to delete this thread and then make a new one, where he uses his brains to create the OP instead of his gonads and then there wouldn't be an issue...

Cheers!

edited November 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

angelius said: suppositions like this...

Do you have a brain? Does it work? What do you think the intended use from reading the OP is? Are you confused at all by what you read? I am not...

Again, this is a whitehat forum with RULES.... so yes... following the rules is required... and unless you are a brainless dolt it's pretty obvious the intention here.

That said, I can't believe I have to say this again... I am not saying he can't make a request for services or request offers, it is the stupid choice of how the request was worded and the noted direct intentions in it that are going to prevent MOST of the offers. Technically, if we followed rules to a T, this would be against the rules. However, the point I am mostly trying to make here is:

Most hosts you want to host with that are reliable and can offer that are not dumb enough to come make offers in a thread like this to tie their company / brand to a PUBLICLY indexed request for illegal services. There are other ways to make a similar request where he could get offers that doesn't scream, "I intend to do illegal things on my service". Using your brain is a good thing, okay?

facepalm

Cheers!

Please, never become a judge or lawyer..

Everyone has a brain and can speculate exactly how hes gonna use the server, but we have no facts or proof to support that claim so we look away. Thats how world works. Not everything is black and white.

If he would actually state that he intends to commit copyright conspiracy (as US calls it), everyone would condem it.

• stefeman said: Everyone has a brain and can speculate exactly how hes gonna use the server, but we have no facts or proof to support that claim so we look away. Thats how world works. Not everything is black and white.

Okay, lets see how many hosts other that HostSolutions show up here and make an offer then? If more than 3 reputable hosts posts offers in this thread, I will leave these types of threads alone in the future. However, if I am right.. the only offer he is going to get has already occurred....

cociu said: Romania is ok for you ?

Cheers!

edited November 2019

@TheLinuxBug said:

stefeman said: Everyone has a brain and can speculate exactly how hes gonna use the server, but we have no facts or proof to support that claim so we look away. Thats how world works. Not everything is black and white.

Okay, lets see how many hosts other that HostSolutions show up here and make an offer then? If more than 3 reputable hosts posts offers in this thread, I will leave these types of threads alone in the future. However, if I am right.. the only offer he is going to get has already occurred....

cociu said: Romania is ok for you ?

Cheers!

Nobody joins now that you have derailed the thread and added supposed threats and stigma to anyone that dares to offer him services.

You have turned legitmate request for a server to a copyright drama. Who'd want to get involved into that lol.

Thanked by 2479555 donko
  • stefeman said: Nobody joins now that you have derailed the thread and added stigma to anyone that dares to offer him services.

Ohh, so you mean noting it was illegal somehow now makes it more illegal? Now that is funny!

Stigma or not, I have participated in enough threads like this to know better, any host who was going to post before would still post now, because it takes a certain type of scruples to post an offer in this type of thread to begin with...

I was more so trying to set expectations and was hoping he would maybe, I don't know, ask a mod to remove this and then take another stab at making a better worded request...

I think the possibility of actually getting some decent offers could exist.. however, this OP was never going anywhere to begin with.

• Im more worried that you claim hostsolutions is not reputable. Everyone loves @cociu and his sisters.

Likewise Francisco knows how to treat DMCA in Europe, are you gonna condemn him too?

edited November 2019

stefeman said: Im more worried that you claim hostsolutions is not reputable. Everyone loves @cociu and his sisters.

Likewise Francisco knows how to treat DMCA in Europe, are you gonna condemn him too?

You are comparing apples and oranges and if you are asking my personal opinion, no offense @cociu but I would never host with HostSolution after being a long time member here and watching all the drama and failures of their past offers. Others can do what they like, I won't tell them if the services work for them not to use it, but I sure am not suggesting anyone who needs stable and reliable services go to HostSolutions.

Francisco is a very intelligent person and BuyVM while they will allow some things, you start being truly abusive, you won't be there long. While I would consider them reputable, I also don't expect to see Francisco in this thread suggesting this customer take services with them and it being something they would support in this thread (also they don't sell dedicated servers) even if it was for VPS services.

Again, for the 1231234123th time. I am not saying there are not offers to be had, I am simply stating and rather educating the OP and your self, the wording of this thread does not provide plausible deniability to a host and thus they are not going to show up in this thread to make offers. Simply removing, rewording and re-creating this thread (using your brain this time) could result in some offers.

Cheers!

• Couple of AX41s with GSuite. 1 AX41 can handle ~10 transcodes and can definitely do 70-80 TB of traffic.
    /thread

• @TheLinuxBug said:

Are you moderator or governor?

Another thing, this is NOT for public use or sell something, for your info. This is family matters use!

So, please find another place to play, I need seriously offers here and please NOT spam this thread!

• @AC_Fan said:
    Couple of AX41s with GSuite. 1 AX41 can handle ~10 transcodes and can definitely do 70-80 TB of traffic.
    /thread

I used 5 different GSuite accounts and got it blocked from google after a few days, I did everything to avoid limit, and they closed them even.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Oldky said:

@TheLinuxBug said:

Are you moderator or governor?

Another thing, this is NOT for public use or sell something, for your info. This is family matters use!

So, please find another place to play, I need seriously offers here and please NOT spam this thread!

No, but I am, so play nice!

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • OldkyOldky Member
    edited November 2019

@Jord said:

Excuse me, but I don't see anything that I mentioned you anywhere and I said something ugly? If you saw anything please proof.
    Until then, I don't see the reason for your insolent intrusion because I just answered the guy who condemns me for something that has nothing to do with the connection I'm looking for. And that's why I don't see the reason for that audacious answer. I know you very well from before and I know how "quiet" you have been and have been throwing yourself to get to this function and now you practice on me?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Oldky said:

@Jord said:

Excuse me, but I don't see anything that I mentioned you anywhere and I said something ugly? If you saw anything please proof.
    Until then, I don't see the reason for your insolent intrusion because I just answered the guy who condemns me for something that has nothing to do with the connection I'm looking for. And that's why I don't see the reason for that audacious answer. I know you very well from before and I know how "quiet" you have been and have been throwing yourself to get to this function and now you practice on me?

Can you please tell me where I have been "audacious"? I nicely asked you and TheLinuxBug to play nice. Everyone is allowed their own opinion on threads.

• Oldky if you only post grey area threads and even argue with mods, your time here will be cut short lol.

• TheLinuxBug said: You are comparing apples and oranges

Sorry to tell you , you just do the same ... if you take a look to all drama you will see our problems was related to openvz6 ... not to dedicated servers line. Any way just my 2 cents.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Holy shit apples and oranges! It is Thanksgiving go eat and be merry. Drink a little come back here for some great and not so great black friday deals. P.S. No PMS Please!

• I-I'm just here because I'm curious how much that beast of a server would be :sweat_smile:

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

We have some great BF offers on NL and DE at the moment

• @Clouvider said:
    We have some great BF offers on NL and DE at the moment

Those with starting at 55?