Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DirectAdmin Backup & Restore Plugin - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DirectAdmin Backup & Restore Plugin

2»

Comments

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

depends on your destination, ours was a synology NAS drive

• @DianTama said:

@experttechit said:
    JetBackup really... I am using it on production and it seems OK.
    I also still do the usual DA backup to SSH storage.

it can do everything that I need from my list right?
    How do you backup to SSH storage with the normal DA backup?

Multiple Uploads to the remote destination at one time ( Upload to 2x FTP and 1x S3 ).
    Delete data after successful remote transfer.
    Backup Retention. ( Remove the data on remote destination too )

Hello @DianTama

Thank you for your interest in considering JetBackup as a candidate for your backup solution! Allow me to address how JetBackup can satisfy the requirements you specified:

Multiple Uploads to the remote destination at one time ( Upload to 2x FTP and 1x S3 ) - We are still working to add and implement several major features into the EDGE version before moving JetBackup 5 into a BETA/STABLE tier. One of these features being support for S3 as a backup destination which will be available soon in the release of JetBackup 5.1 on EDGE. Although we do not currently support FTP in JetBackup 5 we do have support for SSH destinations with our SSH plugin. JetBackup also allows you to set multiple backup destinations on a single Backup Job allowing you to transfer backups to multiple destinations in each backup job execution.

Delete data after successful remote transfer - JetBackup utilizes a local workspace to perform backups and restores to and from the destination. These local workspaces are cleaned automatically daily by the JetBackup service. If this is not what you are looking for, could you please clarify a bit more on what you would like in this requirement?
    Backup Retention. ( Remove the data on remote destination too ) - JetBackup allows you to set your custom backup retention for scheduled backups, manual backups, and backups on demand. All of these have their settings which can be configured by the admin. Once the retention limit is reached, JetBackup will remove "old" backups from the remote destinations upon the next backup job execution.

We are working to push v5.1 to the EDGE tier in the coming weeks and have v5.0 available to the BETA tier as we continue our commitment towards releasing a STABLE version of JetBackup 5. We urge you to try the EDGE release of JetBackup 5 which comes with a FREE 10-Day Trial for all new installations. Your feedback will not only help our team identify bugs and release fixes much faster, but also helps us in improving JetBackup towards a STABLE release version!

I hope you find this information helpful and hope you choose JetBackup.

Regards,
    JetApps Team.

• JetAppsJetApps Member
    edited December 2020

@Francisco said:

@JamesF said:

I installed it tonight and I must be mental, but I'm seeing it burning 8 CPU threads at 100% each doing nothing, not even running backups.

I logged a bug report to them to see WTF is going on.

Francisco

Hello @Francisco

Thank you for reaching out to our support team with your inquiry. We are currently still investigating and trying to replicate. We will provide you with updates soon. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

Best Regards,
    JetApps Team.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JetApps said:

@Francisco said:

@JamesF said:

I installed it tonight and I must be mental, but I'm seeing it burning 8 CPU threads at 100% each doing nothing, not even running backups.

I logged a bug report to them to see WTF is going on.

Francisco

Hello @Francisco

Thank you for reaching out to our support team with your inquiry. We are currently still investigating the issue and will provide you with updates soon. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

Best Regards,
    JetApps Team.

And thanks for that :)

I'm going to load it to another node to see if I can reproduce it there, but very confusing for sure.

Francisco