Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CC/Deluxe about to sell your LET profile information.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CC/Deluxe about to sell your LET profile information.

MrPsychoMrPsycho Member
edited November 2019 in General

Has anyone noticed the new footer?

The link there points to https://www.deluxe.com/policy/privacy-california, which states the following

Section 115 Rights. To the extent that we sell your California Personal Information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act or disclose such information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you:

• the categories of California Personal Information that we have collected about you;
  • the categories of California Personal Information about you that we have sold within the meaning of
  • the California Consumer Privacy Act and the categories of third parties to whom the California Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the California personal information was sold; and
    the categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
    Right to Opt Out. In addition, we may sell your information within the meaning of the California Consumer Privacy Act. You have the right to opt out of such sales here. To submit an opt-out request, click here.
Thanked by 2ChrisMiller mrclown

Comments

• Was noticed last week, ot would be more accurate to say they have already been selling your information, now they just have to disclose that fact by law.

If you’re in California, opt out. If not, you’re a bit fucked unless you want to try an GPDR the shit out of LET.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Deluxe has collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months:

(H) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited November 2019

^ agreed, given the additional email spam coming in. As normal, USA consumer laws "suck".

• I heard also that Chris Fabozzi is sampling the collected olfactory data personally.

• Yeah good luck to them, what ever they have on me will do them some good I am sure.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

There are three kinds of people: The ones who learn by reading. The ones who learn by observation. And the rest of them who have to touch the fire to learn it’s hot.

• That link returns a "Your access is denied, due to your activity" page every time I click on it. Maybe the intention is to avoid a GDPR subject reading a privacy policy that would never be applicable?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@ITLabs said:
    Deluxe has collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months:

(H) Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.

I like a good probing ;)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Lmao GDRP violation incoming

• Wondering if the people in Europe can file GDPR complaints. What could possibly happen from there? I need to plan my popcorn purchases.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Nothing worth of it in my profile anyway.

Thanked by 1MrH
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

@deank said:
    Nothing worth of it in my profile anyway.

Yeah who would have guessed

• @CConner said:
    Lmao GDRP violation incoming

on a site hosted in the biggest dump in north america?

GL

Thanked by 1PureVoltage
  • Yep, I've been getting spammed at my LET email address for the past month or two.

• @willie said:
    Yep, I've been getting spammed at my LET email address for the past month or two.

Yet I receive no spam at all.

Thanked by 1willie

I wouldn't know since my e-mail on LET has been dead for years.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

deank said: I wouldn't know since my e-mail on LET has been dead for years.

But how do you read our newsletter?

edited November 2019

What newsletter?

I can't read more than 5 lines without having to reboot, so no point.

• Lol, I mailed the opt-out address and got a robo response:

We regret this email address is not active right now. This email address will be active and ready for requests by January 1, 2020. Thank you.

deank said: What newsletter?

I honestly have no idea. I subscribed but have never gotten one.

• @willie said:
    Lol, I mailed the opt-out address and got a robo response:

We regret this email address is not active right now. This email address will be active and ready for requests by January 1, 2020. Thank you.

Same. CCPA doesn't take effect until January 1, so I guess they just have the notice there to get ready.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

Uhm, what personal information? My email address? My posts on my wall which are public anyway?

As a customer of CC or one of their tentacles ("customers") - which I'm not and will never be - one should be concerned though.

@raindog308 said:
    I honestly have no idea. I subscribed but have never gotten one.

Why would you want to read lowned newsletter?
    I don't want even highend newsletters.

deank said: Why would you want to read lowned newsletter?

I'm hoping for a swimsuit issue.

Thanked by 2ITLabs TimboJones
  • I have a working email address registered and I thankfully don't get any newsletters, so don't give them ideas ;).

Besides email spam, I'd be pretty annoyed if they sold the association between this site and the IP addresses that I log in from. I'd rather not have to dedicate a proxy address to every site that I use.

• @willie said:
    I have a working email address registered and I thankfully don't get any newsletters, so don't give them ideas ;).

Besides email spam, I'd be pretty annoyed if they sold the association between this site and the IP addresses that I log in from. I'd rather not have to dedicate a proxy address to every site that I use.

Yeah, that’ll have been sold, along with information about the offers you looked at and your long-held aversion to Plex. You’re fucked mate.

Thus, the end is nigh.

• @willie said:
    I have a working email address registered and I thankfully don't get any newsletters, so don't give them ideas ;).

I’ve reported their email address so many times that GSuite just auto-moves CC emails to the bin.

It even says “this email seems suspicious” on both my generic gmail and gsuite lol