Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Support for multiple network interfaces (and nested)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Support for multiple network interfaces (and nested)

I'm looking for some provider (ideally VPS) who supports multiple interfaces with public IP addresses. Multiple IP's on a single NIC are not sufficient. In case of a VPS there must also be support for nested virtualization. With a dedicated server I won't need nesting, SR IOV would be nice for a second NIC but not ultimately necessary. I think only aws supports that currently. I'm looking for something affordable and hourly billing if possible.

Comments

• SpryServers_TabSpryServers_Tab Member, Host Rep

May I ask what your use case is?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@SpryServers_Tab said:
    May I ask what your use case is?

To sell the toilets he's stolen sir, of course! :joy:

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • @Jord I think that's the service he wants to provide, tracking for toilets in case they get stolen

@tgl said:
    @Jord I think that's the service he wants to provide, tracking for toilets in case they get stolen

Yes maybe, maybe he always wants to track their usage too.

• Now we know where IoT comes from, Internet of Toilets

@Jord said:

@tgl said:
    @Jord I think that's the service he wants to provide, tracking for toilets in case they get stolen

@tgl said:
    Now we know where IoT comes from, Internet of Toilets

@Jord said:

@tgl said:

Yes sir, you poop and DDoS at the same time.

• My toilets are none of your business. Unless it was one of yours of course. If you can provide me with some proof of ownership (like picture of you sitting on the toilet) and your home address I'm willing to send it back against a small fee.
    Anyways, for my application (ttaas) I'd like to separate my management network completely from my customer network. Otherwise everything could go down the drain.
    I do management on the host and barely ever on the guest, the guest needs a different public IP though for doing $things. NAT and bridge are the equivalent of sandpaper for my h**** a**, while macvlan or SR IOV would be like silk.
    But no one has that for some affordable price. Either you get no nested. Or you get nested but no second NIC or just a NIC for internal networking. Or you can go to aws or gcloud and pay the equivalent of over 9000 rolls of silky toilet paper for the bandwidth.

• @toilettheft said:
    My toilets are none of your business. Unless it was one of yours of course. If you can provide me with some proof of ownership (like picture of you sitting on the toilet) and your home address I'm willing to send it back against a small fee.
    Anyways, for my application (ttaas) I'd like to separate my management network completely from my customer network. Otherwise everything could go down the drain.
    I do management on the host and barely ever on the guest, the guest needs a different public IP though for doing $things. NAT and bridge are the equivalent of sandpaper for my h**** a**, while macvlan or SR IOV would be like silk.
    But no one has that for some affordable price. Either you get no nested. Or you get nested but no second NIC or just a NIC for internal networking. Or you can go to aws or gcloud and pay the equivalent of over 9000 rolls of silky toilet paper for the bandwidth.

Sounds like you're stuck on the toilet with a dirty ass and an empty roll then.

• Is there anything you must do on a hostnode before setting up your vn using nested virt? Or can you just you know, have individual VMs?

• seriesn said: Is there anything you must do on a hostnode before setting up your vn using nested virt? Or can you just you know, have individual VMs?

I'm not sure what you are asking. With hostnode you mean the real host from the provider or my VPS being used as the host for a nested VM?
    For the latter, sure, I'd need to install at least software for virtualization and of course doing some management once in a while.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:
    Sounds like you're stuck on the toilet with a dirty ass and an empty roll then.

Actually I had a different set of concerns. Neither of them related to hosting. Or maybe they are !

a. Why not wear gloves and boot covers while stealing toilets?
    Otherwise
    One is bound to leave digital fingerprints/ footprints.

b. Since we are discussing this on LET, Deluxe already may have collected our olfactory information. Can that be used as ID proof in case our toilets get stolen?

I call upon the council of elders for their wise counsel.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited November 2019

toilettheft said: I'm not sure what you are asking. With hostnode you mean the real host from the provider or my VPS being used as the host for a nested VM?

I meant, is there any additional customization you would do on your end before setting up a vm (own templates, networking, filtering etc..) or you want nested virt because you want to be able to spinup test VM's as you go. Hope I made myself clear. I am not a detailed typer type.

toilettheft said: For the latter, sure, I'd need to install at least software for virtualization and of course doing some management once in a while.

Resource pool might be easier if you don't need what is asked above :).

• toilettheft said: for my application (ttaas)

Tight Toilets as a Service is the future my man!

Thanked by 1vyas11

@ITLabs said:

toilettheft said: for my application (ttaas)

Do they clean themselves too?

• @Jord said:

@ITLabs said:

Everything! It's a real shitload of processing power our hands butts.

Thanked by 1Jord

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

@ITLabs said:

Everything! It's a real shitload of processing power our hands butts.

I hope it massages too ;)

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Jord said:

Yep, 3 modes available: smooth, medium and buttrip. Thanks.

Thanked by 1Jord

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

What about the balls? sounds a bit harsh for the buttrip :joy:

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @Jord said:

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

Thanks for asking, Sir. In fact, for the balls, we developed a revolutionary product: the Testicuzzi. Yes, the Testicuzzi is a real product to let you soak your balls.

You can learn more here and pre-order here. Only $39.95 for a limited time.

Thanked by 1Jord

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

@ITLabs said:

@Jord said:

Thanks for asking, Sir. In fact, for the balls, we developed a revolutionary product: the Testicuzzi. Yes, the Testicuzzi is a real product to let you soak your balls.

You can learn more here and pre-order here. Only $39.95 for a limited time.

Fucking hell :joy: what haven't they made these days hahaha

Thanked by 2ITLabs SH_Dream