Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OK to list hardware for sale on LET?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OK to list hardware for sale on LET?

Is it within rules to offer to sell a physical server on LET without provider tag? Would be local/in person sale.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2019

You need a provider tag. This is due to past scams.

There were a lot of hardware sale scams previously when LET was hot. Nowadays, LET can't even have its erection.

• I wouldn't be opposed to it if you are an active, long term member and if this is in-person and the buyer has the ability to inspect the hardware, test it, etc before payment..

@jord ?

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@hzr said:
    I wouldn't be opposed to it if you are an active, long term member and if this is in-person and the buyer has the ability to inspect the hardware, test it, etc before payment..

@jord ?

I agree with you, as long as the buyer can test the hardware of course before payment. The user only has 25 posts so that's only fair.

Thanked by 1JDMcPea
  • Are you Prout?

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Long term active member should be fine.

• Unfortunately that violates the Geneva convention.

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab
  • @SirFoxy said:
    Unfortunately that violates the Geneva convention.

And also Code Lazar.

• @Jord said:

@hzr said:
    I wouldn't be opposed to it if you are an active, long term member and if this is in-person and the buyer has the ability to inspect the hardware, test it, etc before payment..

@jord ?

I agree with you, as long as the buyer can test the hardware of course before payment. The user only has 25 posts so that's only fair.

Thanks @jord, @hzr. Will be for pickup only (halfway between New York City and Philadelphia) and buyer will be able to test before purchasing

• @imok said:
    Are you Prout?

Am almost positive that I'm not Prout because have never been to TX. However think there is a small chance that am actually @WSS. Will investigate further

• @JDMcPea said:

@imok said:
    Are you Prout?

Am almost positive that I'm not Prout because have never been to TX. However think there is a small chance that am actually @WSS. Will investigate further

That's something he would say.

@WSS too.