Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Offers on LEB - Get Featured! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday / Cyber Monday Offers on LEB - Get Featured!

Comments

• angstrom said: The first of these isn't likely to change in the near future (if the LEB offers on LET are maintained).

The second ("pollination only one way") is also unlikely to change because of the work involved for whoever handles LEB.

So I think everyone agrees the best solution is to remove the LEB offers and restore the status quo.

@jbiloh, over to you...

• Nekki said: @jbiloh, over to you...

He prefers to split the community I think.

• imok said: He prefers to split the community I think.

I don't believe that for a moment.

• @Nekki said:

imok said: He prefers to split the community I think.

I don't believe that for a moment.

I agree that his intention wasn't (isn't) to split the community.

At the same time, as far as we can tell, he had no problem ignoring the objections/complaints that many raised/made back in October.

I'm tempted to say that a change of course now with respect to LEB offers on LET (which I don't expect to happen) would be (as they say) "too little, too late".

(Long live LES)

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint poisson
  • angstrom said: I'm tempted to say that a change of course now with respect to LEB offers on LET (which I don't expect to happen) would be (as they say) "too little, too late".

That's really helpful, thanks!

• @Nekki said:

angstrom said: I'm tempted to say that a change of course now with respect to LEB offers on LET (which I don't expect to happen) would be (as they say) "too little, too late".

That's really helpful, thanks!

I appreciate your efforts though (really, sincerely)

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

• @Jord said:

Give me the Microphone.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

@seriesn said:

@Jord said:

Give me the Microphone.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • oneilonlineoneilonline Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said:
    No one would have an issue with that if they marked that the site was exclusive to companies that host within their walls.

Lets see how many posts go up between both days for providers that have no CC locations.

Francisco

I was thinking the same...and became hesitant to make a comment on this...incase it influenced the powers that be.

OK, we submitted our post and have our fingers crossed.

• @oneilonline said: OK, we submitted our post and have our fingers crossed.

You'll get in :smile:

It'll fun to see your offer appear in LEBFeed :smile:

Thanked by 1poisson
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited November 2019

Maybe mods have some solid real-world data points to those questions: All questions are in the context of CC dumping LEB crap here.

• Did LET in any way slow down?
    • Do we have fewer new users say per month?
    • Do we have fewer offers?
    • Do we have fewer threads?
    • Do we have fewer comments?
    • Do our LET providers experience a slowdown in sales?

From what I see the answer to all the questions, except the last one because I can't judge that, is "No".

• Did LEB sales increase since CC dumps LEB crap here?

And finally -> Should we even care? My reasoning is that those users who actually read LET threads for even just a couple of days will be warned; they hardly can but notice how strongly CC and LEB providers are disliked here - so they don't buy. Probably the only ones who do buy LEB stuff are highly likely a few who do not read LET for at least a couple of days - and they deserve to take a payed for bath in the dump.
    So, what's the problem, other than being p_ssed off by principle?

• How many LET providers did CC get to send in an offer? One, we know of. One.

So, I suggest that we simply enjoy our LET. Because that's what it is: our LET and it's virtually completely up to us what we make it like, how enjoyable it is, how much we can learn here, etc. That is where we should invest our energy.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • @jsg said:
    Maybe mods have some solid real-world data points to those questions: All questions are in the context of CC dumping LEB crap here.

• Did LET in any way slow down?
    • Do we have fewer new users say per month?
    • Do we have fewer offers?
    • Do we have fewer threads?
    • Do we have fewer comments?
    • Do our LET providers experience a slowdown in sales?

From what I see the answer to all the questions, except the last one because I can't judge that, is "No".

• Did LEB sales increase since CC dumps LEB crap here?

And finally -> Should we even care? My reasoning is that those users who actually read LET threads for even just a couple of days will be warned; they hardly can but notice how strongly CC and LEB providers are disliked here - so they don't buy. Probably the only ones who do buy LEB stuff are highly likely a few who do not read LET for at least a couple of days - and they deserve to take a payed for bath in the dump.
    So, what's the problem, other than being p_ssed off by principle?

• How many LET providers did CC get to send in an offer? One, we know of. One.

So, I suggest that we simply enjoy our LET. Because that's what it is: our LET and it's virtually completely up to us what we make it like, how enjoyable it is, how much we can learn here, etc. That is where we should invest our energy.

Thank you! Thats exactly how I see it. I do not see myself going long term on other LE* based platforms. Whats here actually works for me, I can navigate around the occasional LEB spam post, I know a good chunk of the people and am enjoying myself here.

None of the LEB crap affects me, aside from learning to never ever ever EVER EVER trust a host that provides services by ColoCrossing.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • Can't wait for it

Thanked by 1uptime
  • datanoisedatanoise Member
    edited November 2019

t0ny0 said: never ever ever EVER EVER trust a host that provides services by ColoCrossing.

Hey, but some of them have very good deals :wink:

• @datanoise said:

t0ny0 said: never ever ever EVER EVER trust a host that provides services by ColoCrossing.

Hey, but some of them have very good deals :wink:

Using doesn't necessarily mean "trust"ing.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • donli said: Using

I try to avoid them altogether. Better give some money to a company you can trust, at least a bit, isn't it?

• @datanoise said:

donli said: Using

I try to avoid them altogether. Better give some money to a company you can trust, at least a bit, isn't it?

For production, yes. For testing, throwaways and cheap additional backup copies, cheap can win.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • nemnem Member, Host Rep

What's the rule on software providers?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@nem said:

What sort of software?

• @jbiloh said:

@nem said:

What sort of software?

So you chose to ignore all other comments?

• @teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@nem said:

What sort of software?

Exactly what I was thinking. If nothing else, it’s poor manners.

Thanked by 1sambling

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@nem said:

What sort of software?

@Nekki said:

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@nem said:

What sort of software?

Exactly what I was thinking. If nothing else, it’s poor manners.

Of course he did, that's never gonna change. Clearly they don't give a shit!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited November 2019

He probably thinks he's better off by not responding :)

• @nem said:

If they don't charge money we like them better.

• @teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@nem said:

What sort of software?

I requested a Vanilla feature to be able to ignore people months back. I guess he implemented it just for himself.

• nemnem Member, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:

@nem said:

What sort of software?

ApisCP, or the panel formerly known as apnscp. It's a multi-tenant hosting platform built around best practices from my time behind the helm of Hostineer. It speaks a variety of DNS implementations and delivers its platform updates reliably through Ansible. Panel itself is a mixture of PHP/Laravel, which lends itself to simple customization. ApisCP is a zero-configuration platform meaning that once installed, it's operating at optimal performance. It'll be up on DO's Marketplace by the end of the month as well.

This will be the last sale for lifetime licenses. Monthlies will be out the door as soon as I tackle all of these fringe cases in cPanel backups, so Decemberish. :sweat_smile:

Thanked by 1poisson
  • @TimboJones said:

@teamacc said:

@jbiloh said:

@nem said:

What sort of software?

I requested a Vanilla feature to be able to ignore people months back. I guess he implemented it just for himself.

I normally don't quite see eye to eye with you, but you deserve a beer for this hell of a zinger.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

We arent joining LEB for this BF.
    LET is where our deals will be posted to, 100% more potassium.

Thanked by 2dahartigan jsg
  • Warm up

This discussion has been closed.