Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for best price/value Performance VPS/Dedicated with 16+cores - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for best price/value Performance VPS/Dedicated with 16+cores

Comments

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

I don't read the rules, so therefore I missed the part about needing a provider tag to post offers.

• I got another important criteria, that I had forgotten in the thread. Support in form of a LiveChat is very important for us.

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

@chwba said:
    I got another important criteria, that I had forgotten in the thread. Support in form of a LiveChat is very important for us.

we cannot offer LiveChat support at the moment but our ticket support is very fast. Within our business hours we will answer within minutes.

• chwbachwba Member
    edited November 2019

I see you don't have a provider tag yet though

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

Cannot offer LiveChat onsite but Skype Support :smile:

• @chwba said:
    I got another important criteria, that I had forgotten in the thread. Support in form of a LiveChat is very important for us.

May I ask why is Live Support so important?

• Because it is great to have a direct communication to the service provider, it helps us to get to know each other better and will build up trust.

• SH_DreamSH_Dream Member, Host Rep

@chwba I don't think so, at the most of the time you're just writing with an sales person and not a technical person. I like it more when you always have the same person.

• chwbachwba Member
    edited November 2019

We did have very good supporters down at https://servarica.com/ they were able to process changes we needed on short notice and seemed quite technical :) Unfortunately they don't offer the amount of CPU cores we now need so we are looking for someone who can.

• chwbachwba Member
    edited November 2019

@HostSlick said:

Sounds good, I checked the Xeon E5-2650-V2-32GB-2x1TBSSD looks tempting but could not find the OS we can install, can you let us know? Also could not find the skype support on your website, whats the username?

• dahartigandahartigan Member
    edited November 2019

@chwba if you can confirm it isn't for mining cryptocurrency, I would suggest checking out @HostDoc - 16 cores with 16gb of RAM, unlimited 1gbit in kansas city USA, and would come in under budget. I can't give you a price, but @HostDoc can.

Paging the doc! @HostDoc

Edit: I forgot to mention there is a live chat :-) https://kvm.doctor

Thanked by 1HostDoc
  • chwbachwba Member
    edited November 2019

@dahartigan said:
    @chwba if you can confirm it isn't for mining cryptocurrency, I would suggest checking out @HostDoc - 16 cores with 16gb of RAM, unlimited 1gbit in kansas city USA, and would come in under budget. I can't give you a price, but @HostDoc can.

Paging the doc! @HostDoc

Big confirm, that it is no cryptomining. As already said in an earlier post, we need the power to train our AI for captcha-solving. Location is not optimal but depending on the whole offer it sure is an option we would consider. 16GB ram is a little low, 32GB would be better 16GB is like the absolute minimum we need. - As for storage we dont need very much at all though. 240 GB is more than enough.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @chwba said:

@dahartigan said:

Paging the doc! @HostDoc

Big confirm, that it is no cryptomining. As already said in an earlier post, we need the power to train our AI for captcha-solving.

Would you be expecting to exceed on average 25% CPU time per thread?

• chwbachwba Member
    edited November 2019

Id say it would be around between 35 and 50% per thread depending on the CPUs performance.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @chwba said:
    Id say it would be around between 35 and 50% per thread depending on the CPUs performance.

Reason I ask is the fair use policy is at 25%, can burst up to 100% for 1 hour per 24 hours per thread. Just wanted to make sure both our expectations are laid out, saves issues later :-)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@chwba said:

@HostSlick said:

Sounds good, I checked the Xeon E5-2650-V2-32GB-2x1TBSSD looks tempting but could not find the OS we can install, can you let us know? Also could not find the skype support on your website, whats the username?

You can install any OS you like. Server also includes KVM/IPMI/ILO4 on request to load own ISO. Depending on OS, we will do the first setup for you as you wish.

Just add us if you like to talk further.

• @HostSlick said:
    CPU - Intel Xeon Eight Core E5-2650-V2 2.60Ghz
    Cores/Threads - 8 Cores, 16 Threads at 2,60Ghz, Turbo 3,40Ghz
    RAM - 32GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    SSD/HDD - 2x 1TB SSD
    RAID - Hardware RAID HP P220i
    Port Speed - 1 Gbps
    IP Addresse(s) - 1
    KVM/Managment - Yes
    Location - Lelystad, Netherlands (EU)

$100/month

Otherwise in week or so i have the following one available again:

CPU - 2x Intel Xeon Eight Core E5-2650-V2 2.60Ghz
    Cores/Threads - 16 Cores, 32 Threads at 2,60Ghz, Turbo 3,40Ghz
    RAM - 64GB DDR3 ECC RAM
    SSD/HDD - 2x 1TB SSD
    RAID - Hardware RAID HP P220i
    Port Speed - 1 Gbps
    IP Addresse(s) - 1
    KVM/Managment - Yes
    Location - Lelystad, Netherlands (EU)

$130/m

https://hostslick.com/dedicated-servers

Waiting for that 130$ server :open_mouth:

• I just noticed the edit, 32gb ram is also possible. I just started at 16 to meet your requirements, you could get 64gb if you want to pay for that much :-)

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@chwba said:

will work for you

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650L v2

in Amsterdam?

• @dahartigan said:
    I just noticed the edit, 32gb ram is also possible. I just started at 16 to meet your requirements, you could get 64gb if you want to pay for that much :-)

Lets see an offer for 32GB or 64GB rest same config then.

• @HostSlick said:

@chwba said:

@HostSlick said:

You can install any OS you like. Server also includes KVM/IPMI/ILO4 on request to load own ISO. Depending on OS, we will do the first setup for you as you wish.

Just add us if you like to talk further.

Added

• @chwba said:

@dahartigan said:
    I just noticed the edit, 32gb ram is also possible. I just started at 16 to meet your requirements, you could get 64gb if you want to pay for that much :-)

Lets see an offer for 32GB or 64GB rest same config then.

I'm hoping @HostDoc can reply back here with an offer for you shortly :-)

• chwbachwba Member
    edited November 2019

double post.

• @georgedatacenter said:

@chwba said:

will work for you

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650L v2

in Amsterdam?

If I just googled the correct CPU then the core clock (1.7ghz) is a bit too low, 2.4ghz is min.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@chwba said:

If you don't mind the location very much.

I could do it in Kansas City.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz

or NJ

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v2 @ 2.80GHz

• Thanks @dahartigan

We can definately meet your needs in Kansas City @chwba .

4 dedicated threads (E7-4870) @ 2.4ghz
    32GB dedicated RAM
    250GB SSD
    unmetered @ 1gbps
    Kansas City
    £42.99/m
    Looking Glass
    Uptime Status

64GB RAM will be £64.99/m

Live chat available as mentioned.
    Discord can also be utilised as well as a community forum.

Thanked by 2dahartigan poisson
  • chwbachwba Member
    edited November 2019

Sounds interesting the E7-4870 has only 10 cores though, do you also have 16 cores? Also I opened https://dedidoc.co.uk/, does the LiveChat only appear once I am logged in?

• @chwba said:
    Sounds interesting the E7-4870 has only 10 cores though, do you also have 16 cores? Also I opened https://dedidoc.co.uk/, does the LiveChat only appear once I am logged in?

It is a VPS not a dedi. All dedi's on dedidoc will currently be out of stock.
    The CPU in question is 4xE7-4870 40c/80t
    Live chat works on all of our sites including dedidoc

• @chwba

Have you looked WisHosting 8C Compute VPS? It has 8 vCPU for $12 a month and you can pick 2 up to make 16 at $24 per month. Unlimited vCPU usage. Probably the most cost effective solution (and @exception0x876 has rock solid servers).

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • shillshockedshillshocked Member
    edited November 2019

I have no need for this kind of config but you might just like it:
    https://www.server.trading/en/offer/dedicated-server

Model: Hp DL180 G6
    Processor: 2x Intel Quad-Core Xeon E5620 (8 cores)
    RAM: 16 GB
    HDD: 12 x 3TB SATA (36TB)
    Connection: dedicated 1Gbps
    bandwidth: 10TB per month included in price, additional bandwidth +20 EUR (23.50 USD) for each additional 10 TB
    IP: 2 x IPv4 Public IP
    RAID: Hardware
    Remote Management: IPMI
    Speed test: 1GB file http://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/speedtest/1000mb.bin

Price 59 Euro per month
    Setup fee: 0 if server bought for 1 year, if less then 19 USD one time fee
    Additionally, we can offer you every Leaseweb service available at www.leaseweb.com with at least 10% discount
    14 days refund policy! (Setup fee not refunded)
    Offer in this price is limited, we advise you to hurry up!

They also have a 12 core for just 20 euro more.