Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Friday sale! 50% off initial billing period. Blazing Fast SSD VPS in NL Starting from $1.75/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Black Friday sale! 50% off initial billing period. Blazing Fast SSD VPS in NL Starting from $1.75/mo

HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
edited November 2019 in Offers

Twitter @hostup - LinkedIn @hostup - Facebook @hostupdotorg

Hello again everyone! I saw that others were doing an early black friday, so I thought we might as well jump on the trian! This deal will last all the way to the actual day, Friday, 29 November! We are giving you 50% off on our already cheap hosting packages for the initial billing period (monthly, yearly). Anyways here's some information about us if you are wondering!

HostUp's VPS plans are located in the Netherlands and is a perfect solution for both businesses and personal needs. We utilize SSD storage in RAID 1 to ensure that even if one of our drives fail your data is still safe. Our memory is also ECC rated. Along side this we give you full root access & a dedicated IPv4 IP to your VPS.

You can view our previous offers for questions: 1, 2

There are some things that have changed since last time :) This time we are offering VPS services that are DDoS protected through Hydra. This will give you 100 Gbps included DDoS protection, Layer 3-4. Dual uplinks has also been added for more stability. If you were a customer you will know that this resulted in some downtime when our datacenter installed them, but I am sure it was all worth while, and SLA was given :)

SSD 1 GB VPS

1 Core @ 2.5 GHz
1 GB ECC RAM
15GB SSD Storage
Bandwidth 1 Gbps
1 TB Traffic
1 IPv4
DDoS Protection @ 100 Gbps

ORDER NOW
- $1.75/mo - $21/yr (reoccuring $3.5/mo) Coupon code: SAVE50

SSD 2 GB VPS

2 Core @ 2.5 GHz
2 GB ECC RAM
25GB SSD Storage
Bandwidth 1 Gbps
2 TB Traffic
1 IPv4
DDoS Protection @ 100 Gbps

ORDER NOW - $3.5/mo (reoccuring $7/mo) Coupon code: SAVE50

You can checkout our other offers and plans on the VPS page, https://hostup.org/vps

We accept Credit/debit cards, PayPal, Bitcoin and bank transfer as payment methods.

Networks:
1 Gbps uplink
Hydra DDoS protection

Operating systems include:

Ubuntu (18.04, 16.04)
Debian (10, 9)
CentOS (7)

For I/O benchmark you can refeer to miu's test, thanks miu :)

I/O speed(1st run) : 566 MB/s
 I/O speed(2nd run) : 697 MB/s
 I/O speed(3rd run) : 712 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 658.3 MB/s

We also got some independent benchmarking stats where you can compare us to many other providers such as BuyVM, Vultr, Scaleway and Amazons lightsail.

Thanked by 2RossG Winne

Comments

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited November 2019

Not to be that person, but from what this host have shown in the LET Discord I'd be very careful even considering this host for anything important even if the deal is good:

1. They fabricate their uptime by deleting their status-data once they have downtime, they had 10 hours of downtime due to failing to trunk 2 ports and then deleted the uptime data for that period.
    2. IPMI was exposed and public till their staff was told this was insecure.
    3. If you look at the graph of bandwidth usage, it is noticeable there was a span of 4 hours where their link was maxxed out without them taking any action.
    4. Their blog on same domain have been hacked multiple times

But best of luck to HostUp and I hope they learn from their mistakes.

• @Prime404 said:
    Not to be that person, but from what this host have shown in the LET Discord I'd be very careful even considering this host for anything important even if the deal is good:

1. They fabricate their uptime by deleting their status-data once they have downtime, they had 10 hours of downtime due to failing to trunk 2 ports and then deleted the uptime data for that period.
    3. If you look at the graph of bandwidth usage, it is noticeable there was a span of 4 hours where their link was maxxed out without them taking any action.

Go back to Discord, you DO NOT BELONG HERE.

Thanked by 1HostUp
  • HostUpHostUp Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2019

@Prime404 said:
    Not to be that person, but from what this host have shown in the LET Discord I'd be very careful even considering this host even if the deal is good:

Hello @Prime404. Yes, we had some downtime last month when datacenter was bonding the uplinks and they had problems with it according to them. Compensation was given. We do not claim otherwise

I think you are refeering to the public uptime stats located here? https://status.hostup.org/.

Yes it is true that the stats were reset but the intent was to clear invalid data. hetrixtools adviced me that the only way to get rid of it was to remove everything. https://imgur.com/a/ExsythN As you can see, the bandwidth usage was clearly invalid. https://imgur.com/a/ulG7Vzn

about the IPMI. I deny it was insecure.

About the link usage. We have 2 uplinks and each VPS is only allowed so much. That exessive usage was someone abusing our looking glass and has been reported. We were gathering enough data to confirm that it actually was abuse so that we could file a proper complaint.

Sorry but our website is very safe. The blog was setup in an isolated JAIL enviroment

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Fair enough 👌🏼

Thanked by 1HostUp
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@Winne said:

@Prime404 said:

Go back to Discord, you DO NOT BELONG HERE.

He's welcome here just as much as you are. Don't be a dickhead.

• @HostUp said:

Hello again everyone! I saw that others were doing an early black friday, so I thought we might as well jump on the trian! This deal will last all the way to the actual day, Friday, 29 November! We are giving you 50% off on our already cheap hosting packages for the initial billing period (monthly, yearly). Anyways here's some information about us if you are wondering!

How will we know you will treat your customers nicely after what I have been told?

edited November 2019

@davic said:

@HostUp said:

How will we know you will treat your customers nicely after what I have been told?

He's not even a customer of ours. You can try to ask some who got the previous offers if you want. I am sure our actual customers have nothing against me :)

• Prime404Prime404 Member
    edited November 2019

@HostUp said:
    about the IPMI. I deny it was insecure.

So does this mean you are confident that your server that has not had its BMC updated for a few years, running on a public IP, is secure? For example, said the server is affected by this public CVE:

https://www.supermicro.com/support/security_Intel-SA.cfm?pg=X9#tab

From what I can see none of these problems are patched for the X9-series as it is considered EoL.

@HostUp said:
    He's not even a customer of ours. You can try to ask some who got the previous offers if you want. I am sure our actual customers have nothing against me :)

Do I need to be one to see stuff like this out in the public?

• OpenVZ or KVM?

Thanked by 1HostUp
    edited November 2019

@manlivo said:
    OpenVZ or KVM?

It's OpenVZ 7. (It works fine with dockers and newest Linux operating systems such as Debian 10. Unlike OpenVZ 6)

Thanked by 1manlivo
  • Jumping the gun by two weeks is a wasteman move. Poor.

@Nekki said:
    Jumping the gun by two weeks is a wasteman move. Poor.

Got the inspiration from other early black Friday threads here on LET as well as having my mail spammed with black Friday deals, (hostinger etc). Didn't want to miss out.

• HostUp said: hostinger etc

This is the last possible company you want to look up to.

Thanked by 1HostUp
  • shuiershuier Member
    edited November 2019

I need VPS-SSD VPS#2 Geekbench-5 test results ,thanks

Thanked by 1HostUp
  • Any test ips or looking glass?

Thanked by 1HostUp

@ihell said:
    Any test ips or looking glass?

Sure! You can try to ping/trace this ip 194.32.119.8. we had looking-glass until just recently but someone was abusing it :/

• @shuier said:

Have you considered requesting a test unit to run the test yourselves. Many providers are fine with it.

edited November 2019

@shuier said:

Hey. We're using this CPU https://browser.geekbench.com/processors/1167. I ran a this benchmark on the VPS #2 with 2 cores, see results here

@vyas11 said:

@shuier said:

Have you considered requesting a test unit to run the test yourselves. Many providers are fine with it.

Sure, that is fine for me as well :)

edited November 2019

Would just like to tell everyone that CentOS 8 is now available when selecting an Operating system for those who want to give it a try!

• Can I send mail using port 25 or port 465?

edited November 2019

@HowieHoo said:
    Can I send mail using port 25 or port 465?

Hello,
    We outright block SMTP mails for everyone with the exception to webhosting plans to avoid spam. This includes the above ports

https://hostup.org/billing/knowledgebase/1/What-Ports-Are-Blocked-on-VPS.html